Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Liam Smith v Chris Eubank Jr II

Liam Smith v Chris Eubank Jr: Rivals to fight again in Manchester on 17 June.

Chris Eubank Jr says he "enjoyed" his defeat by Liam Smith as the Britons prepare for their rematch on 17 June.

Smith, 34, stopped Eubank in four rounds last January, bringing an explosive end to a bitter build-up.

Eubank, 33, activated his rematch clause and on Tuesday said he was "determined" to come back stronger.

"I enjoyed it. I imagine you've been in the sport your entire career and something new happens to you, it's exciting," he said.

"A lot of guys can't come back after a big loss.

"It breaks them. It breaks their spirit, it breaks their confidence, it breaks their rhythm.

"For me, it just makes me more determined to improve, to figure why things went wrong and fix those mistakes.

"And that's exactly what's going to happen in the rematch."

In the co-main event in Manchester, Briton Savannah Marshall will face undisputed super-middleweight champion Franchon Crews-Dezurn.

Marshall, 31, has not fought since she lost her own grudge match against Claressa Shields in October, but has a second chance to become undisputed champion.

American Crews-Dezurn holds all four world titles in the division and the only defeat on the 35-year-old's record is by Shields in 2016.

After their last news conference was marred by homophobic taunts and taunts about class, there were no such unsavoury scenes in London this time, aside from a few isolated expletives.

Eubank and Smith were fined by the British Boxing Board of Control for their previous behaviour, but this news conference was at times insightful as well as humorous, as the two fighters bounced off each other, with Smith jumping in to question a reflective Eubank when he could.

At one stage the Liverpudlian wondered aloud if Eubank had paid an audience member to laugh at his jokes.

Smith took particular interest in Eubank's assertion he could have continued and won the fight had the referee Victor Loughlin not stopped the contest after the second knockdown.

"The thing I regret is not being given the chance to get through it. I wanted to continue. I want to see if I could overcome that adversity. I feel like I was robbed of that challenge," Eubank said.

"In my opinion he didn't stop me. The referee stopped me. In a sense we both got robbed - he got robbed [of the chance] to finish me conclusively.

"And that could have happened. And I got robbed of the opportunity to overcome that bad instance and to maybe come back and win the fight.

"That's what the fans really want to see."

Smith replied: "You don't need to be a genius to see he was falling all over the place."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/65267113
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Smith v Chris Eubank Jr II - 17 June 2023

Chris Eubank Jnr's highly anticipated rematch with Liam Smith has been postponed for a second time, according to reports.

The clash - which will see Eubank Jnr bid for revenge after his shock fourth-round stoppage against Smith on January 22 - was originally scheduled for June 17.

However, it had been delayed by two weeks to give Smith more time to recover from an injury he had picked up during his training camp.

It has now been revealed that fight has been postponed once again. Although a reason for the delay has not been confirmed, it is likely to do with Smith's injury.

The exact nature of the 34-year-old's injury has not been confirmed. However, it must be serious to have impacted the fight date for a second time.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...edfffd7&ei=252

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Smith v Chris Eubank Jr II - 17 June 2023

"My injury is gradually getting better. I'm still receiving treatment and I'm still receiving physio, but it's getting there and I don't think I'm far off, but since the last conversation we had it hasn't got much better."

Smith said: "Give me until August and if Chris wants to take it, I'll bash Chris up again and if Conor wants to take it I'll do the same to him."

"It's how much Chris wants to avenge this loss or whether he wants to delay it.

"I've given my full word that I will be ready for August. July 1 was always going to be a push because it was only a two-week delay, but I've said I fully give my word that I'll be ready for August and it's just how much Chris wants to avenge this loss."

In terms of Eubank Jr potentially choosing to fight Benn instead, Smith reacted: "If that's the way they want to go and Conor Benn wants to deal with my leftovers then good luck to them.

"I just think it's odd that Conor Benn and Eddie [Hearn] want to chase the loser of that fight, but I fully know why they're chasing Eubank Jr and not myself, because I'll do the same to Conor Benn as I did to Eubank Jr.

"I'm tied into the rematch clause so unfortunately it's not really in my hands what they do next."

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...st-conor-benn/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Smith v Chris Eubank Jr II

Chris Eubank Jr appears prepared to accept a rematch with Liam Smith after their fight was postponed.

Liverpool's Smith, 34, twice withdrew from fight dates, but promoter Ben Shalom says he is now "100%" fit.

Conor Benn's promoter Eddie Hearn said Eubank Jr had held talks with them over a fight.

But Eubank Jr has now indicated he wants to fight Smith again, saying on social media: "Eubank vs Smith 2 at the O2 September 2nd."

Smith replied to Eubank's post, saying: "No no, Smith vs Eubank 2 is September 2nd, O2 arena."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Liam for the repeat.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smith owns Eubank and will certainly beat him this time.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

over inside 3 for Smith
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clarke v Allen on now and it is not very good.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think not very good is being generous. Clarke labouring to a win over any version of Dave Allen is frankly embarrassing.

I'm not sure how this is going to be dressed up. But I don't see anyone coming out of that with any credit.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Azim v Fanyan on now.

Cautious opening from both but Azim sharper punches winning the first round.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook is being interviewed and may want to face the winner. He should stay retired.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm only half watching this. But is Azim looking very average about now?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information