Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Morrell v David Benavidez- we gonna pretend this is not a fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Morrell v David Benavidez- we gonna pretend this is not a fight?

Are we? It is as obvious as Bivol v Beterbiev... or Spence v Crawford.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Morrell v David Benavidez- we gonna pretend this is not a fight?

Get a four man tournament going Alvarez, Tom Morello, benavidez and Andrade(if he'd actually take any of these fights) that'd be a nice collection of undefeated super middle weights and Alvarez.. could be fun, to make it happen you'd probably have to give Alvarez the easiests of the four though and then make the Tom Morello v benavidez fight, so it unfortunately won't happen.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Morrell v David Benavidez- we gonna pretend this is not a fight?

Gotta admit, I’m kinda hoping Canelo v Benavidez gets announced after he beats Ryder. He usually fights in May and September.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Get a four man tournament going Alvarez, Tom Morello, benavidez and Andrade(if he'd actually take any of these fights) that'd be a nice collection of undefeated super middle weights and Alvarez.. could be fun, to make it happen you'd probably have to give Alvarez the easiests of the four though and then make the Tom Morello v benavidez fight, so it unfortunately won't happen.
    tom morello from rage?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I’m kinda hoping Canelo v Benavidez gets announced after he beats Ryder.
    i would love for that to happen
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

david b don't want that david m smoke

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    I’m kinda hoping Canelo v Benavidez gets announced after he beats Ryder.
    i would love for that to happen

That makes 3 of us.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would be a great fight for the records. Personally, I think Morrell beats Canelo on points. But the Benavidez fight with Morrell would be hell on earth... I can imagine the middle rounds on that one. Pure fire!!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Would be a great fight for the records. Personally, I think Morrell beats Canelo on points. But the Benavidez fight with Morrell would be hell on earth... I can imagine the middle rounds on that one. Pure fire!!

Benavidez been chasing Canelo for quite some time now. Why should he fight anyone else first?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Benavidez been chasing Canelo for quite some time now. Why should he fight anyone else first?
    I know, right. But a better fight in my eyes would be with Morrell.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record, I reckon Canelo will win tonight , probably late stoppage. But I do think Ryder is gonna give him a very tough fight.
    Not a hater, but I do think Canelo is ever so slightly on the downslide. Wrong side of 30, little injuries here and there, his style taking its toll, and he no longer has the advantages he once had, nor the desire. It’s totally natural, not really a criticism.
    He even mentioned if he lost tonight, that’s it. He never speaks like that.
    I think he’s looking to limp his way into retirement without hopefully having any wars. Not sure that’s gonna happen though.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record, I reckon Canelo will win tonight , probably late stoppage. But I do think Ryder is gonna give him a very tough fight.
    Not a hater, but I do think Canelo is ever so slightly on the downslide. Wrong side of 30, little injuries here and there, his style taking its toll, and he no longer has the advantages he once had, nor the desire. It’s totally natural, not really a criticism.
    I think he’s looking to limp his way into retirement without hopefully having any wars. Not sure that’s gonna happen though.

Stop it. Canelo's 32 years old, well within what is normally considered the peak years of boxing. Also when you say he "no longer has the advantages he once had." What do you mean, exactly? Because I can list a myriad of advantages which if anything, have been cemented over time. Desire? Meh. You might have a point.

You see... I don't want to be part of the group that if and when Canelo gets beaten by a Benavidez or a Morrell (let's not kid ourselves... Ryder will be another cakewalk)... I don't want to be part of the group that when that happens, excuses Canelo as being "past his prime." I'm looking forward to Canelo getting thoroughly beaten (again) while totally in his prime. This is the reason the fight with Benavidez needs to happen sooner rather than later. Time is of the essence. Canelo's hemming and hawing and looking at the calendar.

He wants "legacy"?? Benavidez is waiting.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez and totally natural sounds a bit of an odd combination:S

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop it. Canelo's 32 years old, well within what is normally considered the peak years of boxing. Also when you say he "no longer has the advantages he once had." What do you mean, exactly? Because I can list a myriad of advantages which if anything, have been cemented over time. Desire? Meh. You might have a point.

You see... I don't want to be part of the group that if and when Canelo gets beaten by a Benavidez or a Morrell (let's not kid ourselves... Ryder will be another cakewalk)... I don't want to be part of the group that when that happens, excuses Canelo as being "past his prime." I'm looking forward to Canelo getting thoroughly beaten (again) while totally in his prime. This is the reason the fight with Benavidez needs to happen sooner rather than later. Time is of the essence. Canelo's hemming and hawing and looking at the calendar.

You just said it, why the desperation and time being of the essence, if he is “well within the peak years of boxing.” ?
    Different people deteriorate at different times, I think Canelo is on the slide, not massively, but noticeably.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You just said it, why the desperation and time being of the essence, if he is “well within the peak years of boxing.” ?
    Different people deteriorate at different times, I think Canelo is on the slide, not massively, but noticeably.

Fair enough to say that you think he's on the decline, and I don't. But the fact of the matter is... the longer the fight takes to happen... the more excuses Canelo and his fans are going to have when he loses.

Thread Information