Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do you guys get goose pimples listening to the ring introductions?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do you guys get goose pimples listening to the ring introductions?

I can't help it man. I am a mark for ring introductions. Not sure why, but it always adds to the sweet feeling I get when I tune into a fight.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8tbw8JA06dg
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you guys get goose pimples listening to the ring introductions?

Been a long time since I got sweaty hands and gritted teeth at a fights beginning, but it was a thing . There is an electricity that surges thru live intros at the high level. The culmination and realization of impending chaos unfolding between two and only two combatants right before our eyes. I still stand for fight nights though. Cannot sit leisurely on a couch if it's a major fight.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly what Spic says above. Been a hell of a long time since got feelings like that but I know what you are talking about.

Fury v Wilder II is the last time I've ever been close to what I felt in the days of Lewis, holyfield, tyson and Benn etc fighting. A long time ago now....

The days when they'd fight 3 times a year.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For big fights that I am excited for yes I do. Loma next fight will be one.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I vividly remember getting chills down my spine back in the day when Micheal Buffer would say ….

”and in the red corner, the UNDEFEATED, the UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD ….. IRON MIKE TYYYYSSSOOONNN”

and the crowd would go barmy
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Been a long time since I got sweaty hands and gritted teeth at a fights beginning, but it was a thing . There is an electricity that surges thru live intros at the high level. The culmination and realization of impending chaos unfolding between two and only two combatants right before our eyes. I still stand for fight nights though. Cannot sit leisurely on a couch if it's a major fight.

This.

Plus an added dose of excitement if one of the fighters is a personal favorite.

But yeah... it's been a long time for me too. It was more frequent back when we saw the slow, steady, inexorable progression of an elite fighter up to the point where he deserved and got such an opportunity. Now it seems the way to the top is filled with shortcuts and pushed along by the opinions of those who aren't necessarily hardcore boxing fans, but more fans of celebrity.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

This.

But yeah... it's been a long time for me too. It was more frequent back when we saw the slow, steady, inexorable progression of an elite fighter up to the point where he deserved and got such an opportunity. Now it seems the way to the top is filled with shortcuts and pushed along by the opinions of those who aren't necessarily hardcore boxing fans, but more fans of celebrity.
    exactly... i used to get wet when i heard mayweather's accolades. especially when pitted against his opponent.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

This.

The invested build. Literally with the networks...from basic to premiere to only then PPV as was the very normal occurrence just years ago. Direct result is the fan to fan investment you develop with that. And when they get to that top tier banger of a match, it all pops off with anticipation! I think we've lost much of that now with fly by night pop up services, less consistency and social media personality guys doing this twisted assorted nuts & fruit-cake act of being part time fighters. We're about to see one get an interim strap this weekend who Tank just flattened btw. Not Garcia, Rolly short bus Romero.

Thread Information