Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tank Davis is still ducking.

Tank Davis needs a Shakur/Haney/Loma fight.

He is not the face of boxing and has not fought the top x3 at 135.

No excuses for his next fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tank Davis is still ducking.

Tank is a weird boxer/celebrity/social media star who can be the new face of boxing or another Broner

Tank will go where the biggest money is, all the traits of Fraud Mayweather, celebrating on his zero.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The same fraud that beat all your heroes..?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Same Fraud that is exhibiting his skills in empty stadiums trying to stay relevant as a glorified cheerleader in Tank's dressing room.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would stay away from Shakur if I was Tank. That being said, after watching Loma land the left at will vs Haney, I feel like Tank would look spectacular against Devin. Great style match up for him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Same Fraud that is exhibiting his skills in empty stadiums trying to stay relevant as a glorified cheerleader in Tank's dressing room.
    Making millions doing it.

I’m not a fan of his exhibition fights but looks as though Manny is following suit..he’s not a fraud though is he?!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I would stay away from Shakur if I was Tank. That being said, after watching Loma land the left at will vs Haney, I feel like Tank would look spectacular against Devin. Great style match up for him.
    That’s like telling Hearns to stay away from Leonard.

What’s the point.

We want to see these fights and if it’s exciting enough we get to see a rematch or trilogy.

Tank is clearly not fighting the best at 135.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Making millions doing it.

I’m not a fan of his exhibition fights but looks as though Manny is following suit..he’s not a fraud though is he?!
    More like losing millions.

Do not care about Manny.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand that Tank's next fight needs to be against a bonafide, elite threat at 135. But to say he's "ducking"... who has he purposely avoided to this point? As has been said before... the accusation of "ducking" is thrown around quite often. Tank is fairly busy... he's young (28 )... and has faced some credible opposition. "Ducking"? I think that's harsh. But I agree he needs to step up against the big guns in the division.

"Face of boxing"? I'm getting to dislike that phrase. Fighters don't get to call themselves "the face of boxing." That is supposedly reserved for fans and media. Sounds like "Instagram-Ryan" talk.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree he's not exactly chewing bubble gum and taking names but it cannot be argued that he's proven the bigger formula of maximizing his name, beyond boxing profile and bank account. All credit off of Ryan demolition. Tank really showed his full package. But I see a Cruz rematch or Zepeda fight coming off of the "mega event" with Garcia. Style wise (and it won't happen) but as a fan I'd love a random trip back to 140 and he can try his hand at Prograis. Both very cagey with underappreciated top defense and inside power counters for days.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m surprised to see people defending Tank in here and even giving him credit for a hypothetical win. Dude fought 1 world championship level fighter in the division they are world championship level and it was 6 YEARS AGO!

Tank should be boycotted at this point. Dude is David Haye-ing but in the USA. Milking fans. And this is coming from the guy that would have probably been his biggest supporter on this board 6 years ago.

It’s been so bad the last 6 years that we got hyped for him fighting a prospect, won a legit title 6 years ago but we’re excited about him fighting a prospect, not a champ, not a champ, a prospect, we talking about a prospect

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Granted... I don't like Davis the person. He abuses women, and that's a mortal sin in my book. The only thing I'm grateful to him for was shutting up Ryan and his Instagram-fed delusions of grandeur.

But I'm puzzled as to why he would be ducking anyone. It's not like he's without tools in his arsenal. It's generally recognized he's got better-than-average power for his weight... and he's not without boxing skills. He also doesn't SEEM to have the type of personality that just wants to take detours and shortcuts on the way to the top. Ok... I could be wrong. But I usually reserve that judgment for "pretty boys" who don't want to get their face messed up... and insist on calling themselves "The Face of Boxing."

IDK... maybe Davis has just been too easily influenced by the Floyd Mayweathers of the world. Or maybe his inner circle is damaging to him and he's not smart enough to know any better.

I honestly don't know why he would be "scared" to fight anybody else at 135.

I'm not defending the guy. I'm just putting it out there that... TO ME... he doesn't appear to fit the mold of the flighty "ducker" who just wants to prance his way to the top.

P.S. - On the other hand... he needs to up his resume soon... and I mean NOW.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tank had a court hearing and probation revoked. Off to jail for remainder of 90 day probation .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BOXING star Gervonta 'Tank' Davis has reportedly been ordered to serve the remainder of his home detention in jail after being taken into custody.

Following an "impromptu hearing" yesterday - Gervonta Davis' attorney Michael Tomko confirmed to The Baltimore Banner that his client was set to serve the rest of his sentence behind bars.

The boxer was initially set to serve a home detention for his involvement in a 2020 hit and run.

In February this year, Davis pleaded guilty to four offences relating to the incident three years ago, in which he smashed into a car carrying four people - including a pregnant woman.

He admitted to running a red light, driving with a revoked license, leaving an accident involving bodily injury and failing to notify of property damage.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22554...pdates-latest/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Man, I just wanna say to let the people know that this judge is crazy, bro," Davis said as he addressed his fans.

"She locked me up because basically I bought a property. I did everything in my power to listen to my lawyers."

"I listened to everybody to a tee.

"She’s mad that I bought a property. That’s why I’m sitting in jail.

"She wanted me to be in an apartment, a one-bedroom apartment. And I couldn’t even take that.

"She wanted me to stay in a one-bedroom apartment. Couldn't even have my kids or nothing come visit me and things like that.

"I just want to spread light on this situation because she’s taking advantage of me."

He concluded: "She's doing stuff that's not right to me. I don't know if she's a bad judge or not, but the things that she's doing right now is not right.

"I wanted to spread light on this situation-"

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...inside-prison/

Thread Information