Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev v Callum Smith

I don't understand this atypical bullshit. Atypical findings are common? Granted I'm a little out of the loop these days, but I don't think I've heard the word used before. I'm certain it's never been common place to be discussing atypical findings. Why now?

How do they decide if these elevated levels are naturally occurring, or as a result of cheating? They tests them again! Low and behold these elevated levels have fucked off, as has the atypical finding. In much the same way they would do with someone who's cheating perhaps?

You're either clean or you're not. There's no need for commentary on the space between and no good can come from it. Drug taking in boxing is enough of a tyre fire as it is.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is it a failed test?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its all in the science. Traces of certain banned substances are in practically everything we eat and drink. Its more of a case of how much is found in the system to rule out intentional dosing or just nothing can be done.

I have no idea where the line is drawn because I'm not a scientist so i cant really have an opinion on the matter.

I agree though, there should be an is or isn't cheating.

The line needs to be drawn.
    Last edited by KickMuck; 01-14-2024 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So this goes all the way back to 1st week of December? Being the studious and upstanding body that it is, the wbc has "clarified the situation". Better have a fork for the word salad..

'Two samples (one urine and another blood) collected on December 6, 2023, yielded analytical “atypical findings” for 5b-androstanediol and hGH (human growth hormones). An atypical finding is not a positive results for a banned substance. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) defines an atypical finding as “a report from a laboratory or other WADA-approved entity which requires further investigation … ” That is exactly what the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA), which is the entity that administers the WBC Clean Boxing Program, did in this case.

In response to the atypical findings, VADA immediately ordered additional anti-doping tests on Beterbiev. To that end, VADA caused samples to be collected from Beterbiev on December 15, 2023 (urine), December 21, 2023 (blood and urine), and then again on January 3, 2024 (blood). All of those samples yielded absolutely negative results. Matchroom, Top Rank, the Quebec Commission, all sanctioning bodies involved (WBC, IBF, and WBO), and the Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC) received notifications of all the results of anti-doping test Beterbiev has taken, and therefore of all follow up procedures.

It is widely known that there is no way to identify conclusively the source of an atypical finding. In the case of 5b-androstanediol, it has been reported that the atypical finding can be due to the rate certain people’s bodies metabolize naturally occurring testosterone-type compounds. In the case of hGH, WADA provides with specific criteria to its accredited laboratories to report hGH levels as atypical or adverse findings. In Beterbiev’s case, the level of hGH detected did not meet the WADA criteria for an adverse finding, and therefore constitutes an atypical one.

Because the origin of an atypical finding is very difficult to identify, WADA recommends further testing to monitor any abnormal variations in testosterone levels. In Beterbiev’s case, the follow up tests were not only negative, but yielded consistent testosterone levels without any spiking that could have suggested exogenous intake of performance enhancement substances. In short, Beterbiev’s testing protocol and results therein lead only to one conclusion: there are no adverse findings. In light of the testing measures taken and all results obtained, the WBC has not and will not take any adverse action in this matter.'

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've got jason moloney v saul sanchez even after four rounds
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good back & forth fight. i have saul sanchez ahead by two points after six rounds

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have saul ahead by four points after eight rounds but it's a tough, closely contested fight

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've got saul ahead by six points after ten rounds. good fight with close rounds

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gave jason the eleventh. both guys letting their hands go

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very good fight. i have saul sanchez winning by four points

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one judge has it even, the other two have it by four points for jason moloney

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ironic listening to NFL fans complain that for the first time in history a major playoff game will not be televised on network tv, only streamed . For the first time ever boxing is actually ahead of other sports eh. Btw Basketball is the only sport that can turn 60 seconds into 20 minutes

Maloney vs Sanchez sounds like it was a real corker. One of the better fights so far 2024!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

christian mbilli v rohan murdock coming up

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mbilli has quite a few holes in the D department. Muscle bound and winding up too much. Takes 1st

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rohan taking punishment at the end of the second round

Thread Information