Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev v Callum Smith

did anyone expect anything different to happen? This is the same Smith that Canelo beat up.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A savage beatdown wasn't it. Smith had his moments. He won round two, did some decent work to the body that made Beterbiev take note. But he was ultimately outgunned and out of his depth. I laughed the other day when Yarde was being interviewed and he put himself top of the Brit light heavies pile. Smith in second, Buatsi in third. It's a fucking damning indictment, but he might have a point. I don't rate Yarde one bit. He's strong but fundamentally lacking. He put up a much much better fight than Smith did.

Bivol Beterbiev is going to be something else.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    A savage beatdown wasn't it. Smith had his moments. He won round two, did some decent work to the body that made Beterbiev take note. But he was ultimately outgunned and out of his depth. I laughed the other day when Yarde was being interviewed and he put himself top of the Brit light heavies pile. Smith in second, Buatsi in third. It's a fucking damning indictment, but he might have a point. I don't rate Yarde one bit. He's strong but fundamentally lacking. He put up a much much better fight than Smith did.

Definitely one for the Boxing fans. Whereas you get people like Froch saying the fights they’re looking forward to are Eubank v Benn and shit like that.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The beauty of Bivol - Beterbiev matchup is that they can potentially be each other's kryptonite.

Bivol has the skills to outbox Beterbiev and Beterviev has the power and style to knock Bivol out.

This is one of the most intriguing matchups in a long time, and that's why it needs to happen.

To me ? And this is just my opinion, in these elite Bull Vs Matador matchups, most of the time the Matador usually wins. Bivol is all wrong for Beterbiev but it would be competitive UD win.

Bivol is

1. Younger
    2. Faster
    3. Better Defence
    4. Better Distance Control
    5. Insane Cardio
    6. Better Foot Work

Also, I don't think Beterbiev hits as hard as people make out

Bear with me

• He knocked down Callum Smith down two times. He got up two times.
    • He knocked down Anthony Yarde down one time. He got up one time.
    • He knocked down Joe Smith two times. He got up two times.

All of them ended the fight on their feet.

I've never seen a ref say "7. 8, 9, 10" in any Beterbiev fights

MIKE TYSON USED TO KNOCK EM OUT FOR THE COUNT OF THIRTY

The real big hitters, they knock em out COLD.

Beterbiev doesn't KO anyone cold.

All guys Beterbiev fought in his championship fights had something in common. They all felt in love with their power too much and tried to KO him at some point. Bivol is nothing like that, and he also knows he is not a hard puncher. So far, we know Beterbiev stops all hard punchers in his division. Let's see how he does against a master boxer, younger than him.

As to the Smith fight ? I made a post accusing Artur of being a drug cheat. I'm still very suspicious about Beterbiev (What 39 yr old has the testosterone levels of a 20 yr old man ?) but I deleted it. Coz I guess it has to be innocent till proven guilty

Smith got outboxed terribly. This fight was a prime example of levels. Hearn and Warren are the BEST promoters in the world at finessing the rankings and getting these B- level guys into title shots without fighting all the hard fights that they should have to get there.

We have seen it too many times now. These over-hyped and overrated Brits. The Lee Selby's, Lawrence Okolie's, Nathan Cleverly's, Sonny Edward's, Anthony Crolla's and James DeGale's. And getting told by "experts" that the Brits have "a genuine chance" when they go in against someone serious.

I'm guessing this Adam Azim dude is going to "the next big thing", probably sneak a world title via a vacant belt then fight someone elite like Shakur, Haney, Teo or Tank or even a Ryan G or Rolly and lose badly.

It would be better for British and world boxing if these guys fought the opponents they were supposed to and only the very best British fighters got world title shots. Which would mean about 90% less Brits in pointless world title fights.

Anyway, will the Saudis give Bivol 22-foot ring ? Don't matter, I see casuals keep on underrating Bivol, nothing new here.

They did the same thing before Canelo fight. Than Ramirez fight. You never learn.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 01-16-2024 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

The beauty of Bivol - Beterbiev matchup is that they can potentially be each other's kryptonite.

Bivol has the skills to outbox Beterbiev and Beterviev has the power and style to knock Bivol out.

This is one of the most intriguing matchups in a long time, and that's why it needs to happen.

To me ? And this is just my opinion, in these elite Bull Vs Matador matchups, most of the time the Matador usually wins. Bivol is all wrong for Beterbiev but it would be competitive UD win.

Bivol is

1. Younger
    2. Faster
    3. Better Defence
    4. Better Distance Control
    5. Insane Cardio
    6. Better Foot Work

Also, I don't think Beterbiev hits hard as people make out

Bear with me

• He knocked down Callum Smith down two times. He got up two times.
    • He knocked down Anthony Yarde down one time. He got up one time.
    • He knocked down Joe Smith two times. He got up two times.

All of them ended the fight on their feet.

I've never seen a ref say "7. 8, 9, 10" in any Beterbiev fights

MIKE TYSON USED TO KNOCK EM OUT FOR THE COUNT OF THIRTY

The real big hitters, they knock em out COLD.

Beterbiev doesn't KO anyone cold.

All guys Beterbiev fought in his championship fights had something in common. They all felt in love with their power too much and tried to KO him at some point. Bivol is nothing like that, and he also knows he is not a hard puncher. So far, we know Beterbiev stops all hard punchers in his division. Let's see how he does against a master boxer, younger than him.

As to the Smith fight ? I made a post accusing Artur of being a drug cheat. I'm still suspicious, but it was a bit hasty, so I deleted it. I guess it's innocent till prove guilty

Smith got outboxed terribly. This fight was a prime example of levels. Hearn and Warren are the BEST promoters in the world at finessing the rankings and getting these B- level guys into title shots without fighting all the hard fights that they should have to get there.

We have seen it too many times now. These over-hyped and overrated Brits. The Lee Selby's, Lawrence Okolie's, Nathan Cleverly's, Sonny Edward's, Anthony Crolla's and James DeGale's. And getting told by "experts" that the Brits have "a genuine chance" when they go in against someone serious.

I'm guessing this Adam Azim dude is going to "the next big thing"

It would be better for British and world boxing if these guys fought the opponents they were supposed to and only the very best British fighters got world title shots. Which would mean about 90% less Brits in pointless world title fights.

Anyway, will the Saudis give Bivol 22-foot ring ? Don't matter, I see casuals keep on underrating Bivol, nothing new here.

They did the same thing before Canelo fight. Than Ramirez fight. You never learn.
    Great post and agree with most of it. I too have a sneaky feeling for Bivol and while I totally agree with the Bull/Matador analogy by and large, I think it’s a tiny bit disparaging to neglect Beterbiev’s Boxing skills.
    Because he knocks every one out, everyone focuses on this, but he has very good footwork and movement, especially for a guy his age.
    Looking forward to this so much.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are a lot of domestic British light heavyweight fights that can and should be made. Callum Smith is talking of retirement but he is not above the current crop.

Buatsi v Azeez winner will be in demand for Yarde. Craig Richards would be a good test.

Get them all in the mix.

It seems it is easier to get a world title shot that a domestic clash with one of your rivals.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A-typical Beterbiev beatdown
    Beterbiev's jab was the best I've seen it
    Now let's get undisputed done
    A bull vs. matador type fight
    Bivol has those step back counters that will cause issues
    We saw against Gvozdyk that Beterbiev has various tactics for this using feints of both hands & feet to get in range
    Usually in these types of fights I back the fighter with the better feet
    That is Bivol
    In this fight though, I am struggling to see a clear victor
    Great match-up, can't wait

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information