Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oleksandr Usyk v Daniel Dubois

OLEKSANDR USYK'S mandatory clash with Daniel Dubois is set to take place on August 12, it has been announced.

The heavyweight champ will defend his WBA, IBF and WBO titles with the fight set to take place in Poland.

Fans have been left surprised by the choice of location which was entirely in the control of Usyk's camp.

But that is currently the plan of the Ukrainian after his promoter, Alex Krassyuk, won the purses bid.

One baffled fan said: "Out of all places Poland?"

Others have suggested the location made sense given the difficulty of holding a fight in Ukraine given the ongoing war.

It is set to be Usyk's first fight since last August when he beat Anthony Joshua for the second time to retain his heavyweight belts.

The 36-year-old has enjoyed a brilliant rise to the top of his weight division and holds a 20-0 record.

He will be the favourite to triumph over Brit boxer Dubois, whose only defeat came against Joe Joyce in 2020.

Triple D has otherwise won all 19 of his other fights, with his last victory coming against Kevin Lerena in December last year at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Reports have also suggested that the fighters will be taking home very different pay packets after the clash.

According to respected boxing journalist Dan Rafael there will be a 75/25 split in the fight purses.

It means Usyk is set to pocket just short of £5m while Dubois will take home around £1.6m.

The potential fight comes months after the negotiations for an undisputed bout between Usyk and Fury fell apart.

Between them the pair hold all of the belts in the heavyweight division and fans had been licking their lips at the prospect of seeing them in the ring together.

But after much social media name calling, the negotiations came to nothing.

If Usyk beats Dubois, speculation is likely to begin again.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22480...august-poland/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oleksandr Usyk v Daniel Dubois

Meanwhile over on Bondi beach, your mate Fury is being linked with a fight with some unknown surfer or a Cruiserweight that wouldn’t lace “lickle middleweight” Usyk’s boots.
    And you still can’t see it yet?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They didn't magically teleport Wilder to the #1 spot for nothing. Well, he has only 1 win in over 3+ years but when has that stopped prepositioning. Sure would be a shame to see Dubois come down with a sudden injury in camp . But I'd bet on it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Meanwhile over on Bondi beach, your mate Fury is being linked with a fight with some unknown surfer or a Cruiserweight that wouldn’t lace “lickle middleweight” Usyk’s boots.
    I do not see this fight happening. Respect to Usyk if he takes it but I got the feeling he will wait for the Saudi money and not fight until December.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I do not see this fight happening. Respect to Usyk if he takes it but I got the feeling he will wait for the Saudi money and not fight until December.
    No guarantees this Saudi circus happens.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a Cruiserweight that wouldn’t lace “lickle middleweight” Usyk’s boots.
    that's a bit harsh. jai earned his ring & lineal championships in a war with mairis, who gave oleksandr his toughest fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    that's a bit harsh. jai earned his ring & lineal championships in a war with mairis, who gave oleksandr his toughest fight
    Possibly a tad harsh, but He beat a 38 year old Breidis. Might as well be a different guy. Unquestionably Usyk wiped out the division.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Possibly a tad harsh, but He beat a 38 year old Breidis. Might as well be a different guy. Unquestionably Usyk wiped out the division.
    a thirty eight year old mairis who was the current ring, lineal & ibf champion & you could make a case he could still be unbeaten. i agree oleksandr fought the best opposition at cruiserweight but no one has wiped out mairis
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk’s next fight has been made official, as the Ukrainian defends the unified heavyweight titles against Daniel Dubois in Poland in August.

Usyk, 36, will put the belts on the line against the 25-year-old Briton at the Tarczynski Arena in Wroclaw on 26 August.

In any case, Usyk’s focus is now on Dubois, who is the mandatory challenger to the WBA title, which Usyk holds alongside the WBO, IBF and IBO belts.

“Ready for my chance!” Dubois wrote on social media. “I hope you are @usykaa.” Usyk simply wrote: “See you 26 august.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...be0f5054&ei=24

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually looking forward to this one. Usyk clearing up a mandatory while Greedy-belly who should be eager to claim the belts of Usyk makes more ranting vids and does not defend his strap rather taking a circus event with a 0-0 boxing novice.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight. Not the best we could have, but it is doable.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“The knee is fine, that’s all cleared up now,” said Dubois, as the rivals came together in Warsaw on Monday for the first press conference. “I’m in a training camp, I’m running and everything is going well. I’m grateful for this opportunity and I’m ready to take it with both hands.

“This has been a long time coming and I’m ready to take it on. Usyk has been a great champion but everything with a beginning has an end and I’m ready.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...0453a4d1&ei=20

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

daniel still looked to be carrying a limp to me. oleksandr will pick daniel apart & probably stop him late

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

British heavyweight Daniel Dubois says he is "bringing Oleksandr Usyk's titles home" as the pair prepare for their fight on 26 August.

"I'm 100% ready. We're ready to rumble - this is it," said Dubois.

"I'm bringing the titles back home - they're coming with me. It's my time. Usyk has been a great champion but everything with a beginning has to have an end."

Usyk, who has won all 20 fights and will make a second defence of his unified title, was in a playful mood at the media conference, saying he feels "happy" and "hungry" before the bout.

"I think highly of my opponent. He's a nice man, a nice guy, a nice athlete," said Usyk.

"He's the mandatory challenger so he deserves it. All the respect for him, his team and people around him, but let's stop talking and see each other on 26 August."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/66187546

Thread Information