Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Weight loss and other personal journey notes...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Weight loss and other personal journey notes...

It seems to be I know you people a bit now, for not actually knowing you. Just want to update you on few successes and failures as of the last few months.

1.I made it down to 215lbs... My goal was 220lbs by this past Good Friday, I made that the week after and have now been melting away still. I came all the way from 320lbs two years ago to now at 215lbs as of this morning. I will keep it up. Back in 2008 I was as low as 208lbs, this was when I was living in London and just came back home to the islands. But the heavy eating, sedentary lifestyle coupled with the crippling depression being jobless has on you, made me baloon to 320lbs in just under a year and I am now just losing it all again. I can do 9 minute miles now... and can go up to 10 miles if I want to. A jogger came up to me during one of my morning jogs and said I should run a marathon... I may do it, just maybe.

2. I am still plugging away at this law degree. The cohort I started with graduated this past week, so you know I am feeling some kind of way. But, I have to work while I am studying and my boss has no mercy. If he found I didn't stop this law programme like he anticipated I will have no peace. I'm a journalist and you know how herky-jerky that type of job is, any given day you can be called off for whatever story to follow. Plus there are deadlines... it's not some sit on your ass type of job they give these hoes who started out with me, they think they are working. I sometimes get so pissed with how unfairly balanced the world is for some people at times that it sickens me. To compare me to those hoes is just unfair... They don't have my struggle. My supervisor is a legitimate asshole. Like, he is a disgusting pig.... I get no slack and no mercy. I have to hide and study... But I did sign up to work and no one is keeping me there... But I need the money, like everyone else out there.

What makes it worse is that I work with some stupid bitches... They simply just won't shut the fuck up. They talk all fucking day. Why this pisses me off is that during the school year, because my supervisor comes on at 2pm, I literally have the morning to read the volumes of law material that I could not do at nights... But these stupid cunts won't shut the fuck up. I hate them more than I dislike my supervisor...

I failed a course this past semester. Not the end of the world, I can do it over. I want to graduate next summer... I have 72 credits now and need a full 80 to graduate. I see the end of this...

3. My ex started creeping back into my life. She does not stop messaging me, so I organized a meet up. We met up two days ago after months of messaging. She told me to get the fuck on two weeks before Christmas... and I went into "no contact," and she started to slink back into my social media feed and sending me messages. I kept no contact until I decided to organize a meeting... She wanted some mangoes from my tree, so I said I would bring some for her. Of course I love the woman... sighs...Just taking small steps now. I am going to let her set the pace, because I can surely find someone else or find solace in my work and studies. Plus, after the breakup, which really hurt, I got into a lot of stuff and that's when she began to notice and even told me that she sees me involved in a lot of stuff now. I wanted to tell her thank you for dumping me, but these are the things I always wanted to do and we could have done them together but she chose to do something else.

I want to know how bad it was for her being without me. Maybe the grass wasn't greener on the other side and she found out. Or the rebound guy got tired of her shit? Lol.... Maybe I was too clingy, which I can admit I probably was and I told her I am really attached to he and asked her not to pull away. I didn't know that women hate clingy, sissified men and will do exactly what I told her not to do and that is pull away... lolol.... It's too much mix up, and I am not focused on what is going through her mind right now. She still has some things I want her to fix about her... so this is by no means we are back together, just an upping from the her texting and shit. I know she didn't expect me to go full no contact... It must have hurt her, but that is good.

That's my life in the past six months or so... Just felt the need to share that. lol...
    Last edited by ykdadamaja; 05-29-2023 at 01:49 AM.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Weight loss and other personal journey notes...

That's an exceptionally good weight loss, well done for that alone!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do half marathon first and see how that feels.

Tell the women to STFU in the politest possible way.

Do not, and I repeat, do not get involved, interact or communicate with your ex in anyway shape or form.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Do half marathon first and see how that feels.

Tell the women to STFU in the politest possible way.

Do not, and I repeat, do not get involved, interact or communicate with your ex in anyway shape or form.
    LOL. We already started talking. Been through the no-contact phase now... I'm on to the other steps. But I hear ya.

Can't tell them gyals to shut up. They won't stop. They just won't shut the fuck up!

I will try the half marathon first. See how it feels. Should be no longer than 5k... I can do that.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    That's an exceptionally good weight loss, well done for that alone!
    Wanna hear a joke? I misread the scale and instead of being 215lbs I'm now at 210lbs... lolol...
    Last edited by ykdadamaja; 05-29-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good work on getting your weight down, that can also help with the mental side of things. it sounds like you need a new line of work. stay away from your ex, especially since you're referring to her as stupid
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    good work on getting your weight down, that can also help with the mental side of things. it sounds like you need a new line of work. stay away from your ex, especially since you're referring to her as stupid
    Yea. I should edit that. In the islands we use a lot of negative vernacular that may come across as crass and crude, but we mean very little by it.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aces with the work out and commitment to better self. The week to week upward journey is as healthy as any preset finish line. And it all branches off of that. Sounds like the job itself and hours are pretty standard but like many of us it's the environment and company kept. Arsehole boss, giddy apple polishing coworkers. I started calling those perimeter issues few years ago as a task itself is what we expect in any field...to TCB and carry on. I adapted to tuning out chatty gals on the job. Work together fine, side by side but we're not "besties" going out for cocktails later. On an ex all I say is you're already in the turn around mode by the sound of it and this is the point to look in your chest. More importantly your own head. You've been there and done that. If you're so busy wanting to know why, the how, the who and did she hurt etc...give her some mangos that she asked about and keep the step up. Done something similar once or twice with exs bud. You gotta know when to cut bait move forward for you. And you don't do it by looking in the rearview mirror. And you have 8 measly credits with so many down, stomp those out and graduate!

Thread Information