Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is stopping Canelo from fighting Benavidez?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WTF is stopping Canelo from fighting Benavidez?

Presumptions. Silver spoons and silk shorts. Assumptions. Entitlement and more than anything people still throwing money at consensus ppv showcase fights. They're not betting on if the opponent will actually win, the bet on is do they even make the final bell. The fact of the matter is a year ago it was an unswept division at 168 with Benavidez claiming rooms and eating from the fridge as he pleased. Now in comes another legitimate championship adversary in Morrell thru the front door as Canelo fumbles on about 'please just keep the noise down while I sleep' and avoiding the man who just painted him over 12 rounds. In two different divisions. Tables turn quick in the "game". Tides shift and regardless of we the fans trying to prove otherwise week to week...fans are not dumb!

All I gleam from it is that Benavidez vs Morrell represent what the division is tired of waiting for and welcomes, the fuel injection of 168 legit top tier threats squaring up for the claim. Something Canelo has not been so eager to do. You can only bail so much water for a guy. So should Canelo wait for the dust to settle and pulverize a clown car Berlanga in the meantime or should he go full fatty for Badou Jack at cruiser it looks like he's willing to let it pass him by. No Benavidez, no Bivol, no Morrell?...just growing irrelevancy in Canelo I say.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I'm saying is Canelo's playing games. Only difference is casuals and groupies swallow the bait... whereas non-casuals and non-groupies don't. It's been at least a year and a half since Benavidez's name has been thrust in Canelo's face. We can excuse his fights with Bivol and (cough) GGG all we want. Fact is Canelo's biding his time so he can retire without having to face Benavidez. Many boxing experts see Canelo losing to Benavidez at 168, as do I. Canelo's not even looking his way. Benavidez's team has done everything except to offer to fight for free. This fight should've been scheduled by now.

Instead, here we are talking about Benavidez vs Morrell. Which is fine. But there's plenty of time for that. Both are mid 20's. They're not going anywhere. Canelo's 32. All he has to do is stall a couple more years, while fighting a few more chumps... and he can ride off into the sunset claiming he never ducked Benavidez... which of course would be a ridiculous claim. To be clear... there's no bigger cheerleader for Benavidez vs Morrell than Canelo. That way he can go about his business while the clock keeps ticking. He fools no one except for his groupies.

Again. My OP question is WTF is stopping Canelo from fighting Benavidez?

We all know the answer to that. Fear.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Benavidez's team has done everything except to offer to fight for free. This fight should've been scheduled by now.

Again. My OP question is WTF is stopping Canelo from fighting Benavidez?
    jose sr claimed that david b's pbc three fight contract was for fights with caleb plant, david morrell & demetrius andrade, with an option for jermall charlo. sampson lewkowicz denied that claim but said david b still had two fights with pbc after the caleb fight. now with the david morrell fight already signed it seems some of what jose sr was claiming was true. could it not be that david b might still have some contractual obligations?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UPDATE...

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...t-fight/264549

"Canelo Alvarez Targeting Jermall Charlo, Badou Jack For Next Fight"

Ok, so Ginger finally gave up on trying to avenge the bitch-slapping he got from Bivol, and is supposedly moving on.

So... is he looking in his own division at the elephant in the room?

No. He's targeting a middleweight, where Ginger can rehydrate back to a 20-pound edge over his opponent (Ginger's specialty)... or an aging cruiserweight.

This shet just keeps getting better and better.

If I had ever been a Ginger fan... I would've turned in my Groupie ID card a looooonnnngggg time ago.

This guy's a ducking, marinating, diva-clause-making overblown clown.

He'll fight ANYBODY except the guy who will surely WHUP HIS ASS at 168.

I personally can't wait till he retires.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[B]UPDATE..."Canelo Alvarez Targeting Jermall Charlo, Badou Jack For Next Fight"

Ok, so Ginger finally gave up on trying to avenge the bitch-slapping he got from Bivol, and is supposedly moving on.

No. He's targeting a middleweight, where Ginger can rehydrate back to a 20-pound edge over his opponent (Ginger's specialty)... or an aging cruiserweight.

dmitry is the one who doesn't want the rematch with canelo at light heavy & is moving on, canelo gets no credit if he defeats dmitry at one sixty eight. david morrell is the elephant in the room at super middle in my opinion. i'll be disappointed if canelo fights jermall coming off two years of inactivity but at least he'll fight him, something ggg hasn't done yet. canelo also fought sergei & dmitry before artur, dmitry & sergei have fought each other. badou may be an aging cruiserweight but he's a three division champion & a probably future hall of famer & a win gives canelo a championship in his fifth division. i disagree that david b will surely whup canelo's ass at one sixty eight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    [B]UPDATE..."Canelo Alvarez Targeting Jermall Charlo, Badou Jack For Next Fight"

dmitry is the one who doesn't want the rematch with canelo at light heavy & is moving on, canelo gets no credit if he defeats dmitry at one sixty eight.

The... victor... calls... the... shots. I actually applaud Bivol for standing his ground and not caving to the red-headed diva's demands. Ginger's the one who got bitch-slapped. He doesn't get to demand a rematch at the weight he was so thoroughly outclassed. Bivol's got bigger fish to fry.

david morrell is the elephant in the room at super middle in my opinion.

That's YOUR opinion. In my opinion, it's Benavidez that Ginger's scared of and avoiding. Nothing Ginger would like better than Benavidez and Morrell to fight each other and buy him (Ginger) some more time, so he can exit stage left.

i'll be disappointed if canelo fights jermall coming off two years of inactivity but at least he'll fight him, something ggg hasn't done yet.

Not talking about GGG. Talking about Ginger.

canelo also fought sergei & dmitry before artur, dmitry & sergei have fought each other. badou may be an aging cruiserweight but he's a three division champion & a probably future hall of famer & a win gives canelo a championship in his fifth division.

It's that "but..." that tells the story. "Yeah... I agree Badou is on the downhill side of his career... but..." That's how excuses are born.

i disagree that david b will surely whup canelo's ass at one sixty eight

It's always been odd to me how someone who doesn't believe in a lot of things (COVID, for example) can turn around and back boxers who aren't much more than a facade... instead of the true warriors that toil in relative obscurity and don't worry about protecting "0"'s or maintaining their Instagram accounts.

The Canelos and the Ryan Garcias of the world.

I would've pegged your tastes to be different.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"He's not a natural 175" "Bivol was too big at his weight" "He was daring to be great out of his division" "It was the weight and size difference".

Enter Badou Jack at 190 . The man has become a literal sleight of hand trick. Here's the actual bare fact...Canelo has never nor has he the will and desire to actually sweep clean "his division". I guess it peaked on Caleb Plant. This hopscotch division leaping is going to catch up, and I believe it already has. The man is on an exit plan tour. I really do think end of 2024 is a wrap.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The... victor... calls... the... shots. I actually applaud Bivol for standing his ground and not caving to the red-headed diva's demands. Ginger's the one who got bitch-slapped. He doesn't get to demand a rematch at the weight he was so thoroughly outclassed. Bivol's got bigger fish to fry.

That's YOUR opinion. In my opinion, it's Benavidez that Ginger's scared of and avoiding. Nothing Ginger would like better than Benavidez and Morrell to fight each other and buy him (Ginger) some more time, so he can exit stage left.

Not talking about GGG. Talking about Ginger.

It's that "but..." that tells the story. "Yeah... I agree Badou is on the downhill side of his career... but..." That's how excuses are born.
    the victor doesn't always call the shots. dmitry might be standing up but it depends what was stated in the contract for the rematch. what are these bigger fish to fry that dmitry has & do you have a source for a signed contract for these bigger fish? it is my opinion. just like you are giving yours. okay let's not talk about ggg. as i said i'll be disappointed if it's jermall next after two years of inactivity. jermall is undefeated & a current champion. i never said "Yeah... I agree Badou is on the downhill side of his career... but..." i said badou may be an aging cruiserweight. some aging fighters still compete at the elite level. badou is a current champion. has won belts in three divisions & is a probably a future hall of famer

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's always been odd to me how someone who doesn't believe in a lot of things (COVID, for example) can turn around and back boxers who aren't much more than a facade... instead of the true warriors that toil in relative obscurity and don't worry about protecting "0"'s or maintaining their Instagram accounts.

The Canelos and the Ryan Garcias of the world.

I would've pegged your tastes to be different.
    beliefs & opinions are subjective. people can believe whatever they like. it's when they try to claim those beliefs are true or real that the burden of proof falls on those making those claims to prove the claims to be real or true. in my opinion canelo is a very good fighter who fought a who's who in the divisions around him during his career. i watch lots of obscure fighters. did canelo protect his zero when he fought floyd? we're not talking about king ry

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    "He's not a natural 175" "Bivol was too big at his weight" "He was daring to be great out of his division" "It was the weight and size difference".

Enter Badou Jack at 190 . The man has become a literal sleight of hand trick. Here's the actual bare fact...Canelo has never nor has he the will and desire to actually sweep clean "his division". I guess it peaked on Caleb Plant. This hopscotch division leaping is going to catch up, and I believe it already has. The man is on an exit plan tour. I really do think end of 2024 is a wrap.

Hopscotch is exactly right. Except that Canelo is trying to land everywhere EXCEPT at 168, where he knows the boogeyman is waiting.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopscotch is exactly right. Except that Canelo is trying to land everywhere EXCEPT at 168, where he knows the boogeyman is waiting.
    It's fairly clear as day but the passes and fandom will go on. My pet peeve has alwaaays been cleaning out your own house if you're constantly yapping about THE man and shot caller. And before you start leapfrogging divisions for *trinkets. He's just dusting off the initial gameplan he had when the Makabu chatter was going. That to me that is a content and idle fighter.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 06-14-2023 at 03:55 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Badou Jack is an aging cruiserweight. Ginger wants that cruiserweight trinket, and will fight a lame zebra to get it.

2. A. Goulamirian is another suspected weak champion (WBA) at cruiser. Definitely to be targeted.

3. GGG (a fourth fight... what the hell). Ginger is guaranteed a win here, and groupies will attempt to sell the fight as a real challenge.

4. Berlanga. A real possibility. An overblown fighter with no chance. But one that offers the chance for another installment of the Puerto Rico-Mexico rivalry.

5. Jermall Charlo. WBC 160 champ. Why the hell not? Dehydrate to 160... then come back 20 pounds heavier to annihilate the much lighter Charlo.

Rules of the Game:

Throw the dart to pick Ginger's next opponent.

On the off chance it lands on Benavidez... fire the dart thrower and someone else gets another try.

Strategy:

Anything but Benavidez at 168. Trinket at 175 not possible at the moment... as the title holders are Bivol and Beterbiev... both of whom would rip Ginger a new a$$hole. So let's skip 175 and go for the weak champions at 200.

Ginger's a ducking, cherry-picking clown.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just wait you guys, Jason Quigley is going to beat berlanga then alvarez will fight Quigley on whacking day! Not sure if Alvarez will come out dressed as a leprechaun for the ring walk but i hope I would

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Throw the dart to pick Ginger's next opponent.

1. Badou Jack is an aging cruiserweight. Ginger wants that cruiserweight trinket, and will fight a lame zebra to get it.

2. A. Goulamirian is another suspected weak champion (WBA) at cruiser. Definitely to be targeted.

3. GGG (a fourth fight... what the hell). Ginger is guaranteed a win here, and groupies will attempt to sell the fight as a real challenge.

4. Berlanga. A real possibility. An overblown fighter with no chance. But one that offers the chance for another installment of the Puerto Rico-Mexico rivalry.

5. Jermall Charlo. WBC 160 champ. Why the hell not? Dehydrate to 160... then come back 20 pounds heavier to annihilate the much lighter Charlo.

Anything but Benavidez at 168. Trinket at 175 not possible at the moment... as the title holders are Bivol and Beterbiev... both of whom would rip Ginger a new a$$hole. So let's skip 175 and go for the weak champions at 200.
    badou is a current cruiserweight champion. a three division champion & probably a future hall of famer. i take it you haven't watched much of arsen? source for a fourth ggg fight or are you making stuff up again? edgar maybe as a farewell fight but won't be next. a jermall fight won't be at one sixty. david b already has a fight signed next. dmitry ducked the rematch with canelo at one seventy five. if badou & arsen are such weak champions why haven't artur or dmitry moved up to take their belts? if david b or david m talked about fighting for a cruiserweight belt it would be a different story

Thread Information