Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dan Azeez v Joshua Buatsi

Commentators have Chamberlain winning against Lawal with 2 rounds remaining.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chamberlain wins UD he is in tears. Nice win.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rescheduled
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DAN Azeez is a British undefeated light-heavyweight boxer.

He's fighting Joshua Buatsi on February 3, 2024 in a postponed eliminator for the WBA world title — here we take a look at his life, career and net worth.

Light-heavyweight ace Dan Azeez is one of the UK’s most in-form fighters and is currently undefeated as a professional.

It is an incredible turnaround for the former removals man and accountant — he has a masters degree in finance — who was knocked out within 30 seconds of his debut amateur bout.

In the 2013 fight — undertaken while he was a student at Colchester University — he shared the Harlow stage with Lawrence Okolie, who was also making his bow.

Azeez danced into the ring full of bravado and was knocked spark out inside a minute.

At the Royal Resistance gym in Kidbrooke, he revealed: “I swear, I walked across the ring and I was knocked out, chinned clean.

“I only got into boxing by watching the likes of Roy Jones Jr and David Haye and they had that flashy style built on reflexes and speed.

“I don’t know what I was thinking but I was dancing around in the changing room before, the most confident I have ever been for any fight — pro or amateur.

Dan's nickname used to be 'Disease' — which he was not a fan of — but he now goes by 'Super Dan'.

Azeez laughed to SunSport: “I used to cry about that nickname [Disease], I will never forget it. A substitute teacher called me it once and she really laughed.

“I remember sitting there thinking ‘you’re in on the act too? I really don’t stand a chance’.

“Thankfully the name vanished after secondary school because I hated it, it really hurt me.

“It was made so much worse because it was a supply teacher who I really fancied as well so all the other kids burst out laughing as well.

“I knew then my chances with her were shot — not that they were ever that strong when I am eight years old in her Maths class.

“I wonder if she watches me now and remembers I was hot for her?”

Azeez is the first 12st 7lbs fighter from Britain to secure every domestic title, including Southern Area, English, British and Commonwealth titles.

He is also the current holder of the European light-heavyweight belt.

Azeez was born and raised in Lewisham, south London on August 30, 1989.

At the time of writing, he is 34 years old.

Dan is five-foot-ten (178cm) and has a reach of 70.1 inches (178cm).

Dan's record stands at 20-0-0.

This means he has won all 20 of his professional bouts, with no losses or draws.

He has won 13 of his fights via knockout, giving him a knockout ratio of 65%.

Speaking about his upcoming fight with longtime friend and sparring partner Joshua Buatsi — which had to be postponed due to Dan picking up a strain in his back — Azeez has voiced his objections over the aspersions cast on him by Buatsi, in relation to the injury being fabricated.

He told Sky Sports: "I didn't really like the narrative but it is what it is. What can you do?

"Even sometimes just the stuff Josh even says: 'You know, I don't know, I'm not sure'.

"Why am I going to make up an injury?

"It's either you don't believe it or you do. I thought you would at least know my character a bit better than that."

CelebsAgeWiki is the only outlet with an estimate of his wealth.

The online publication has quite a wide range for its prediction, calculating that Azeez's net worth is somewhere between $1million USD (£786,000) and £5million USD (£3.9million).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25519...ord-net-worth/

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre Ward says he sees "great things" in Joshua Buatsi after watching him in the gym ahead his fight with Dan Azeez.

Buatsi, the No 1 ranked light-heavyweight contender with the WBA, has been coached by Ward's former trainer Virgil Hunter since 2021.

Buatsi has been training with Hunter in the USA ahead of Saturday's showdown with London rival Dan Azeez on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.

Hunter oversaw Ward's faultless career as the former Olympic gold medallist recorded 32 professional wins, 16 of them by knockout, and won world championships at super-middle and light-heavyweight before retiring unbeaten.

Buatsi has fought four times, taking his unbeaten run to 17 (13 of them inside the distance) under the guidance of Hunter, placing himself on the verge of challenging for a world title.
    Having watched Buatsi at work in the gym, Ward can see the influence of his former trainer and is optimistic about the Croydon man's development.

"I think he's got a strong upside and I appreciate the way he approaches the game. He doesn't cut corners," Ward said of Buatsi.

"He's a great listener. There's not a lot of fighters today at all different ages that actually have great work ethics and live like fighters. But he's that guy. So I just appreciate that about him. When you are that type of person, you put yourself in position to have success," Ward told the Toe2Toe podcast.

"So he's got to continue to win. He's obviously got to continue to sharpen up his style and become more fluid in his approach but I've seen a lot of growth in him.

"I've seen a lot of great things in sparring when I went to check him out and I'm just excited for his fight that's coming up."

'Buatsi vs Azeez can't be a bad fight!'
    WBO cruiserweight champion Chris Billiam-Smith sparred with Buatsi before and after Hunter's appointment to his team, and endorsed the trainer's influence on the 30-year-old.

"He definitely improved [with Hunter], he added more to his game," Billam Smith told Sky Sports.

"His inside work had improved, and carries the same power and sharpness as he always has. So Dan Azeez is an intriguing fight. Dan is constant, breaks you down and sometimes Josh looks flat on fight night, doesn't look his best.

"Maybe he needs the bigger fights. Against Craig Richards he performed pretty well, against [Ricards] Bolotniks he performed pretty well," he added.

"The likes of Dan Azeez is a make or break fight in terms of mentally if you can't get up for that fight then you're not going to get up for any fight. And if you can't perform in that fight then you're not made out for the big stage.

"I think he will perform on fight night and it'll make for a fantastic fight. They're both super tough, I've sparred them both, hit them flush, so tough.

"They're only light-heavyweights, I've got a lot of weight on them and I've hit them flush and they've got superb chins. Can both punch, good work rate. It couldn't be a bad fight."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d82357f&ei=130

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois sister wins. Ben Whitaker on next.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Surgeon wearing a skeleton costume and gloves gets a knockdown in the second round with a left hook to the body.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'd like to see ben v khalil coe

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whitaker playing with Gracia at the moment. Some fans may not like it but it is skillful.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ben channeling a poor man's emanuel augustus there. ref doesn't like it, gives him a talking to

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ben ends things in the fifth. needs to fight better opposition from here

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5th round stoppage by Ben Whitaker. He is a showman.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

announced

Thread Information