Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dan Azeez v Joshua Buatsi

In the first few rounds , I thought Buatsi showed he was in control of the fight, although Azeez wasn’t out of it and showed a lot of spirit.
    But as the fight went on, Buatsi gassed, largely down to his inactivity and Azeez got back into the fight.
    And the way I saw it, if Azeez had won the last 2 rounds, although I felt Buatsi had enough rounds in the Bank, you could see the decision going to Azeez.
    Then you had the unfortunate slips when Azeez went down. It was just unfortunate, yes Azeez lost his balance, but a punch landed , so the ref had no option but to give him a count. Nobody did anything wrong, shit happens.
    Buatsi had slipped a couple of times, luckily for him it wasn’t at the moment he was getting punched.
    I’ve always been pretty big on Buatsi and felt he was the best of the British Light Heavies. But for whatever reasons, I think his inactivity has slowed his progress down too much for him to get to the very top.
    I hope I’m wrong, because he’s a decent fighter. I reckon he beats Yarde , and I’d like to see him in with Callum Smith.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This Whitaker is a little bit of a spaz. Worse is he's an Olympic medalist fighting like that.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This Whitaker is a little bit of a spaz. Worse is he's an Olympic medalist fighting like that.
    I have met Ben Whittaker and he is a nice guy taking photos with my son and I. We had time to talk and was saying he acts that way as he is trying to generate interest in him.

He is no different to Ali or Naz in that way but time will tell if he is going to be a world champion.

I hope he does.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have no problem with ben showboating, my problem is the opposition he's doing it against. i understand he's trying to entertain & build a following but bad habits can set in
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have met Ben Whittaker and he is a nice guy taking photos with my son and I. We had time to talk and was saying he acts that way as he is trying to generate interest in him.

He is no different to Ali or Naz in that way but time will tell if he is going to be a world champion.

I hope he does.
    That's actually an awesome experience chief. Better yet great exposure for your son and good on professionals taking the time with young fans. And their Pop . Well done, make that memory!

Maybe one or two things different from Ali. Only 40+ year old he was dancing around in his 2nd year was Archie Moore but ok

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I hope he does.
    That's actually an awesome experience chief. Better yet great exposure for your son and good on professionals taking the time with young fans. And their Pop . Well done, make that memory!

Maybe one or two things different from Ali. Only 40+ year old he was dancing around in his 2nd year was Archie Moore but ok
    It was a brilliant experience meeting Ben Whittaker and we became an instant fans of his. He has said he does not swear or disrepect his opponent before or after the fight. He just entertains during the contest.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua Buatsi has revealed he is willing to put his WBA light-heavyweight title shot on the line to face domestic rival Anthony Yarde.

Buatsi said "Initially I wasn't entertaining it.

"Because I was like, 'Well if I've won the final eliminator, let me go straight away.'

"But the reality is that he's fighting Beterbiev in June, [and then there] could be a rematch, which there probably will be.

"And that means that the fight wouldn't happen until the end of the first quarter of the year [2025].

"That's a long time to just hang about which is what I'm not going to do, so I'm definitely entertaining the Yarde fight.

"Of course it has to be on better terms to suit me, I'm the one that's just come off a final eliminator.

"The risk has to match the reward, so I'm all in for it."

It's a U-turn from his original view, as he told talkSPORT ahead of his fight with Azeez that he would wait for his world title shot.

https://talksport.com/sport/1739642/...ght-dan-azeez/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We saw Josh Kelly looking spectacular against journeymen
    Whitaker knows he can get away with it against this level of opponent
    Time will tell if he can compete at the elite level
    It makes me appreciate a fighter like Beterbiev who just goes in there & does the business

Thread Information