Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Benavidez vs Demetrius Andrade Nov. 24th

3-1 Benavidez...oh shit well down he goes! Right before bell Andrade is dropped off a clubbing right hand. Just an ugly right club by Benavidez, helluva replay.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrade throwing snowballs at a tank here. Fighting to survive. Like being mauled by a grizzly ffs. Benavidez looking for uppercuts and getting in bad! Andrade rocked mid 5th! Oh jebus Andrade takes a massive right bomb and falls in. Say what you want Boo Boo has some sac. Taking a beating but winging at bell.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dr checking Andrade start of 6th and ref makes him walk side to side. Andrade loses mouthpiece. Like the way Benavidez pops the power jab off his shoulder. Thing is a hammer.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All Benavidez 6th Ref says show me something. Oh nice uppercut from Andrade but Benavidez walk thru. Andrade sags in and hold off another uppercut. Tough tough round for Andrade, ref is looking to stop this.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going to be straight...don't like the way the ref lead and telegraphed that stoppage. Benavidez was pounding him like a nail no doubt. Matter of time sure. Just was odd. But anyway, Benavidez owned the night. The power the volume and he has underrated punch selection. Has gears on his combos. Man is a one man wrecking crew.

Ok Canelo. Balls in your court

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Benavidez set his sights on a super-middleweight title fight with undisputed champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez after demolishing Demetrius Andrade.

Benavidez, 26, blew away fellow American Andrade in six rounds in Las Vegas to win the interim WBC title and extend his unbeaten record to 28 bouts.

"I solidified myself as the dominant performer I am. Just give me the fight that we all wanna see," Benavidez said.

"Who wants to see me versus Canelo?"

He added: "I'm gonna be the super-middleweight champion of the world, three-time world champion."

Former middleweight and light-middleweight world champion Andrade, 35, had never lost in 32 fights.

However, on his second appearance at super-middleweight, he was outclassed and overpowered by the clinical Benavidez at the Michelob Ultra Arena.

Benavidez upped the ante in the fourth round and knocked Andrade down just before the bell.

Towards the end of the sixth, with Andrade hanging on, his corner threw in the towel.

Mexican Canelo, regarded by many as one of the greatest boxers of all time, defended his WBO, WBC, WBA and IBF belts against Jermell Charlo in September to take his record to 60 wins from 64 fights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/67536461
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Going to be straight...don't like the way the ref lead and telegraphed that stoppage. Benavidez was pounding him like a nail no doubt. Matter of time sure. Just was odd. But anyway, Benavidez owned the night. The power the volume and he has underrated punch selection. Has gears on his combos. Man is a one man wrecking crew.

Damn straight!

I less then eagerly await whatever form of "Michael Jackson moonwalking/ backpedaling" Ginger's going to concoct now that Benavidez has made his statement.

Shit... I may even start a poll on possible excuses Ginger provides so as to not have to fight "El Monstruo Bandera Roja."

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Mexican Canelo, regarded by many as one of the greatest boxers of all time

Only British fight fans see him that way... and with good reason.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if anyone wants links to any of the fights on this card just let me know
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Damn straight!

I less then eagerly await whatever form of "Michael Jackson moonwalking/ backpedaling" Ginger's going to concoct now that Benavidez has made his statement.

Shit... I may even start a poll on possible excuses Ginger provides so as to not have to fight "El Monstruo Bandera Roja."
    The man has arrived. No more BS and its odd how Canelo finds himself in a bit of a corner now. Any talk of Bud or any other 147-154 is comical. And now it's Canelo getting older and Benavidez 10 years his junior. Longer he waits the worse it gets. Sounds like it could possibly be Munguia for Canelo next out. Hey if you won't fight the most threatening "Mexican" at least he's fighting the biggest can collector. Nelo gonna Nelo.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benavidez did what he was supposed to do
    Most felt it was a forgone conclusion & Benavidez dealt with him as he should have, if he wanted to live up to the Mexican/Ecuadorian/American Monster moniker that has been bestowed upon him
    Matias bludgeoned another opponent into quitting
    Roach fought well & deserved the victory but Garcia look far from the fighter who upset Colbert last year
    'Mall looked good after so long out but they couldn't have picked a better opponent for the facade, feed him to Plant

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gatta give props to Andrade for chasing a big fight.... even though he came up short, he still made a meaningful fight when others simply kept walking away. He had to move up in weight to get it, which makes him even more of a class act and a champion in my eyes.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'd be more impressed if david b didn't duck david morrell & fought him instead
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“Why does he have all the belts? He should just do celebrity boxing matches,” said David Benavidez to ProBox TV about undisputed super middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez.

“Why is he still holding the belts hostage and not giving the #1 contenders the opportunities they deserve? You owe it to the people; let’s give the people what they want to see.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2023/11/...brity-matches/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Benavidez keeps pushing those buttons. Canelo's wish for an Andrade upset victory failed... and now he's stuck with the continuing public opinion pressure for him to fight Benavidez. All the excuses in the world aren't going to sway the majority of the people that are clamoring for those two to meet. Canelo's only 33... so age isn't a viable excuse yet. Hell... if Canelo fought GGG when Golovkin was 40... he can certainly work up the "cojones" to fight Benavidez at 33 or 34 years of age. No excuses... no more waiting. People wanted Benavidez to fight Andrade first... he did. How many other names we gonna bring up for David to fight first? This is just a stalling tactic at this point. To say Benavidez has to fight "X" or "Y" first, before Canelo... is just another stalling tactic. I have to flat out admit it. Before Canelo retires, I'd like to see Benavidez knock him flat on his ginger ass.

Thread Information