0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BOB ARUM SAYS MARGARITO MAYWEATHER IS NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Bob Arum was on "Quite Frankly" with Stephen A. Smith yesterday on ESPN and said that everything looks good for a Margarito-PBF showdown in July....I swear I started jumping up and down on my couch at home I was going crazy

Then my head started wondering about some things and remembering certain things and I got to thinking........(By any means I'am not comparing the 2 fighters here with the 2 that I'am about to mention, I'am just comparing scenarios so don't blow this out of the water)

Is it me or does this fight PBF vs. Margarito kinda resamble SRL vs. Duran?
    I got to thinking slick fighter all the confidence in the world pressures on him, hes undefeated P4P the best against a harder puncher physically tougher and with nothing to loose is just me?

Opinions? ? ? ?

I'll buy that analogy. But, Duran won the first one against SRL. I don't think Margarito will win this one.

Floyd is like the Yankees, or Duke University{college basketball}, alot of people hate him because he's the favorite to win. Therefore he always has the biggest target on his back, and more pressure than his opponents. Everyone brings there A-Game when fighting him. SRL was more liked than Floyd, so the pressure IMO, might be greater.

And with Margarito,he is in the same position as Duran. I think Duran {at the time of the 1st SRL fight} was more established, or maybe more recognized. But Tony is for real, and will bring it. Will it be enough? Hopefully we'll see.
    CMM you should be sad. Margarito is going to get beaten badly. And Duran was proven weight classes below already and had HOF credentials by the time he fougth Leonard, he also had more dimentions then Margarito, Margarito only has height, is one dimentional, and is open up the middle. Mayweather is going to destroy him and I will put "RIP Antonio Margarito's career.... 1996-OVERRATED!!!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cutmemick really thinks margarito is as good as he has been saying

damn, maybee he is, too bad even if he is he would still...

GET CRUSHED BY JUDAH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now if Margarito and Zab Judah could have a baby together, that baby would be one good fighter against Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt this fight ever happens. This isnt a PPV fight, which is all PBF's looking for at this point. Furthermore, when Oscar beats Mayorga, arent he and PBF supposed to dance in September? Exactly. So why would PBF risk a possible 10 mil payday vs. a much lesser known fighter like Margarito.

And even if, PBF is light years too fast for him. Wouldnt even be competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Oumafan. Margarito has no chance. His style will make Mayweather look spectacular, and especially the fact that he's tall. Mayweather dominates tall guys, but the wideness of his shots will make Mayweather look spectacular. Unless Floyd is like Roy Jones in a sense that he's avoided clean shots his whole career that the crazy one takes him out
    I AGREE... LOOK WHAT HE DID TO CORRALES... ANYWAY... WHEN HAS FLOYDS CHIN EVER REALLY BEEN TESTED... CANT SAY AGAINST GATTI CUZ GATTI ALMOST DIDNT HIT HIM AT ALL... IF THIS FIGHT TAKES PLACE MARGARITO BETTER TAKE HIM OUT EARLY(WONT HAPPEN) OR FLOYD WILL PEPPER GUY'S FACE WITH LEATHER TIL HE DROPS HIM... PROB ROUND 7 OR 8
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Bob Arum was on "Quite Frankly" with Stephen A. Smith yesterday on ESPN and said that everything looks good for a Margarito-PBF showdown in July....I swear I started jumping up and down on my couch at home I was going crazy

Then my head started wondering about some things and remembering certain things and I got to thinking........(By any means I'am not comparing the 2 fighters here with the 2 that I'am about to mention, I'am just comparing scenarios so don't blow this out of the water)

Is it me or does this fight PBF vs. Margarito kinda resamble SRL vs. Duran?
    I got to thinking slick fighter all the confidence in the world pressures on him, hes undefeated P4P the best against a harder puncher physically tougher and with nothing to loose is just me?

Opinions? ? ? ?

I'll buy that analogy. But, Duran won the first one against SRL. I don't think Margarito will win this one.

Floyd is like the Yankees, or Duke University{college basketball}, alot of people hate him because he's the favorite to win. Therefore he always has the biggest target on his back, and more pressure than his opponents. Everyone brings there A-Game when fighting him. SRL was more liked than Floyd, so the pressure IMO, might be greater.

And with Margarito,he is in the same position as Duran. I think Duran {at the time of the 1st SRL fight} was more established, or maybe more recognized. But Tony is for real, and will bring it. Will it be enough? Hopefully we'll see.
    CMM you should be sad. Margarito is going to get beaten badly. And Duran was proven weight classes below already and had HOF credentials by the time he fougth Leonard, he also had more dimentions then Margarito, Margarito only has height, is one dimentional, and is open up the middle.
    I agree on some parts, but like I said I'm not comparing fighters all I'm comparing is slightly on the scenario but I see your points.

Mayweather is going to destroy him and I will put "RIP Antonio Margarito's career.... 1996-OVERRATED!!!"
    You do that if it makes you feel any better for the dissapointments your boy Zab has given you then have at it, here I'll even help you out should put in your signature.....
    "RIP Antonio Marga.....WHO?"

Hope this helps!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oumafan. Margarito has no chance. His style will make Mayweather look spectacular, and especially the fact that he's tall. Mayweather dominates tall guys, but the wideness of his shots will make Mayweather look spectacular. Unless Floyd is like Roy Jones in a sense that he's avoided clean shots his whole career that the crazy one takes him out
    No one would give Zab a chance and look now lets remember Margarito thows bombs from all angles.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    Now if Margarito and Zab Judah could have a baby together, that baby would be one good fighter against Floyd.

its a shame floyd would be in his 50's before the kid was ready to box....its a shame im even contemplating two guys having a kid together just to add an L to floyds record.....

come on, miles. pull it together!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

I hope Floyd-Oscar never comes to fruition

ODH has the cash to make any fighter stop and kiss his feet. ODH is the only one who can offer Floyd big money, and Floyd wouldn't be stupid to turn it down. With ODH kinda money Floyd could retire, and simply fight to concentrate on his legacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    If PBF fought Zab then Margarito what could people complain about in regards to PBF?
    The complaints, from respected people, such as me will stop.

Unless Mayweather goes on more than a year, 2 years, or 3 years and takes on B-Level Fightes.

Honestly, people think I'm on "haterade" just because I say what I see, Floyd Mayweather has been taking on easy competition for over 3 years.
    You post a lot of things on here, but for this one i have to say you're real stupid. Floyd Mayweather taking on easy competition the last 3 years You better compare floyd's resume to Hatton, Kystazu, Judah, Spinks, Cotto. Kid, you better get your facts straight--Floyd is being compared to legends as we speak!

You surely can't appreciate what is good out there. Learn to appreciate, it's healthy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FLOYDS A BUM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    FLOYDS A BUM
    Sals a crack head. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still question the Mayweather/Judah fight but you can't do nothing now!
    Margarito's time is now for him to try to shine!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrtko
    If PBF fought Zab then Margarito what could people complain about in regards to PBF?

Unless Mayweather goes on more than a year, 2 years, or 3 years and takes on B-Level Fightes.

Honestly, people think I'm on "haterade" just because I say what I see, Floyd Mayweather has been taking on easy competition for over 3 years.
    You post a lot of things on here, but for this one i have to say you're real stupid. Floyd Mayweather taking on easy competition the last 3 years You better compare floyd's resume to Hatton, Kystazu, Judah, Spinks, Cotto. Kid, you better get your facts straight--Floyd is being compared to legends as we speak!

You surely can't appreciate what is good out there. Learn to appreciate, it's healthy.
    Floyd is being compared to legends because of his talent and who he beat 3 years ago. I think you best go on Boxrec and check who he has been fighting in the last few years:Gatti,Brusseles,Mitchell etc,you cannot compare him to Hatton(in the last few years,Tszyu alone is better than all of PBF competition in the last few years combined),Tszyu himself(Been inactive for at least 2 of last 3 years and when he did fight,fought Hatton who is better than anyone PBF has fought in last3),Cotto(level of competition hasn't been great but he does not claim to be the "truth" and P4P no.1).
    I'm sure I speak forOuma Fan too when I say we appreciate his talent but his level of competition sucks! Even Zab,he's lost 3 of 7,4 of his last 8,had a belt he had no right too and even had the audacity to clamour for a rematch,he was lucky to get the shot in the first place!
    Floyd would probably beat Tony,but I'd rather see him fight the best, the real threats,than fight the weakest champions and move up and that's what Margarito is. Anyone who says Tony is no threat is either a Zab Nuthugger or PBF fan who is scared. His size,power,volume punching,jab etc all pose problems Floyd has never faced before.On top of that,he is a tru WW champ and e would walk through ANYONE else in the division. Judah would not last 8 with Tony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtko

Floyd is being compared to legends because of his talent and who he beat 3 years ago. I think you best go on Boxrec and check who he has been fighting in the last few years:Gatti,Brusseles,Mitchell etc,you cannot compare him to Hatton(in the last few years,Tszyu alone is better than all of PBF competition in the last few years combined),Tszyu himself(Been inactive for at least 2 of last 3 years and when he did fight,fought Hatton who is better than anyone PBF has fought in last3),Cotto(level of competition hasn't been great but he does not claim to be the "truth" and P4P no.1).
    I'm sure I speak forOuma Fan too when I say we appreciate his talent but his level of competition sucks! Even Zab,he's lost 3 of 7,4 of his last 8,had a belt he had no right too and even had the audacity to clamour for a rematch,he was lucky to get the shot in the first place!
    Floyd would probably beat Tony,but I'd rather see him fight the best, the real threats,than fight the weakest champions and move up and that's what Margarito is. Anyone who says Tony is no threat is either a Zab fan or PBF fan who is scared. His size,power,volume punching,jab etc all pose problems Floyd has never faced before.On top of that,he is a tru WW champ and e would walk through ANYONE else in the division. Judah would not last 8 with Tony.
    Haha, kid, you make me laugh.

Who has Hatton really fought in his entire career including the amateurs? Notable fighters: Kostya Tszyu & mausaa? That's it? Take your shiet home. That's why Floyd is being compared to Legends. Goodnight.

Thread Information