oe Cordina says British rival Leigh Wood is the "right dancing partner" for a sell-out stadium bout in either Cardiff, Nottingham or possibly both.

The Welshman, 31, successfully defended his IBF super-featherweight title against Edward Vazquez in Monte Carlo.

Cordina is open to facing WBA featherweight champion Wood, with WBO champion Emanuel Navarrete and WBC belt holder O'Shaquie Foster possibilities.

"In order [of preference], Leigh Wood and Navarrete are on a par," he said.

"I'd love to fight Navarrete because he's got a belt and Leigh Wood because it's a domestic fight, and it's a big British fight, so me and him could do Nottingham's stadium [City Ground] or Cardiff City Stadium.

"We could have two fights, one in Cardiff and one in Nottingham, so if I had to choose between three it would be either Navarette or Leigh Wood.

"It would have to make sense money-wise. As a champion, you don't really want to be going into someone else's backyard. If a deal can be done [against Wood] it'll get sorted I'm sure, but if it can't then so be it - we've got Navarrete, we've got O'Shaquie Foster, we've got [WBA super-featherweight champion] Hector Garcia, and we move forward.

"But that [Wood] fight would make sense because we're both under the same promotion and it's an easy fight to make, if the figures are right.

"It's all about the business side of things. We are fighters at the end of the day, I'll fight Leigh and he'll fight me and it wouldn't be a problem, I'm sure it would be a great fight.

"I think the fairest way to do it, because he wants to fight in Nottingham and I want to fight in Cardiff, would be two fights, one in Cardiff and one in Nottingham."

Cordina's promoter Eddie Hearn believes the Cardiff fighter has "outgrown" the Cardiff International Arena, where he originally won the IBF belt against Kenichi Ogawa and where he regained his relinquished title, after injury, against Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov in April.

But for Cardiff City fan Cordina, selling out Cardiff City Stadium is the dream scenario.

"It would be amazing. When I got into boxing, the first thing I wanted to do was to fight at the Millennium [Principality] Stadium - because [Joe] Calzaghe boxed there - but to fight at the home of the team I support, what more do you want?" Cordina said.

"If I don't do that before I retire it'll absolutely kill me but I'm just going to push until we get to that.

"I've got a big following anyway, but with the Cardiff City Stadium I would need the right dancing partner and Leigh Wood is the right dancing partner for that. That would sell.

"I'm going to enjoy my Christmas and then we are going to pick up in the new year and see what's on the table.

"Everyone is going to want a piece of me now. I believe that was my last fight with Matchroom, we are looking to renew a deal with Matchroom but I'm sure all the other promotions are going to want a piece of the pie also.

"I've got a world title, so everyone wants a world champion under their banner and I believe I'm the best fighter in the UK."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/67401825