Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ryan Garcia vs. Oscar Duarte Saturday

Anyone plan on watching this tomorrow night It's on Dazn so nope here. Updates or a mailed in rbr would be awesome. It's weird, after all of the hoorahs for Garcia "leading" the success aka $$$ of the Tank ppv that he's now having Duarte as a return fight. The actual press conference devolved into some nasty school yard pissing contest with Hopkins and Promotion taking aim center stage at Ryan and Ryan then bringing up the "never lose to a white boy" stuff. Zero mention of the actual fight or opponent. At least none that made the headlines .

Ryan is a lot of things and a twit but hard to recall a time when a major promotion has been so blatant and working the fans bashing a guy that is doing their fighting. Talk about self-sabotage. Anyone know how long the contract runs out with GBP?

Duarte is no slouch and what's swept under the rug is that Garcia is coming off a hellacious body shot KO. The infighting and fact that Duarte knows a little bit about the body cannot help. And suddenly today it was mysteriously moved to a 143 CW fight. As if Duarte coming up from 135 wasn't enough.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ryan Garcia vs. Oscar Duarte Saturday

I used to think that Ryan Garcia had an upside. Seeing what he has become, Saucedo would have killed him. I've trained at least 2 guys that, had we continued, would have beat him.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Saucedo would have killed him.
    not a chance. i didn't like that defense king ry was using & he didn't look a hundred percent confident in there & ran a bit over the last couple of rounds but he beat a tough guy tonight. king ry will never be pound for pound but there are some good fights he can be in & that left hook kepts him dangerous
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he needs to forget that sholder roll as well
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    not a chance. i didn't like that defense king ry was using & he didn't look a hundred percent confident in there & ran a bit over the last couple of rounds but he beat a tough guy tonight. king ry will never be pound for pound but there are some good fights he can be in & that left hook kepts him dangerous
    The big difference between them is that Alex liked to fight and wanted to be a fighter.
    Also, I think that KingRy has some type of degenerative disease. I saw a tale of the tape from this fight that said he is 5' 81/2" tall and I am almost positive that he was 5' 11" when he turned pro.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So no then huh . That was a fractured performance from Ryan. In the end he got the ko but being honest he almost looks like he's regressed in spots. The jab was strictly this erratic feeler, just there to be there, and he fully abandoned it in favor of that awkward shell thing he was doing. It looked like something he trained in his living room and not the gym. Still getting touched early with sweeping left hooks and overhand rights going straight back and was working the ref a bit midway when Duarte hit what was available as a result of him turning half around. Uppercuts from the outside. He was missing a 'natural' fluidity, tightly wound and fighting in this static fashion. But no problem with the ko. Had Duarte hurt badly and followed up well, it's on Duarte to rise and not in that blurry window of 9ish. He surely has to be done with 135.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    The big difference between them is that Alex liked to fight and wanted to be a fighter.
    Also, I think that KingRy has some type of degenerative disease. I saw a tale of the tape from this fight that said he is 5' 81/2" tall and I am almost positive that he was 5' 11" when he turned pro.
    Didn't realize he has been out for 3 years. You know if he has anything in the works for return? Think Ryan was trying to sell the height early on but it's one number you cannot inflate. Probably fortunate for him he doesn't have a couple more inches added to that head popping up.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia is one of those popular, flawed fighters
    There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's acknowledged
    Fights with Romero or Broner will sell

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryan Garcia says he aiming for the WBA light-welterweight title after knocking out Oscar Duarte in the eighth round of their bout in Texas on Saturday.

Rolando Romero has held the light-welterweight belt since May and Garcia thinks he would be up to the challenge of facing the 28-year-old.

"That felt like a fight to me, like I'm figuring myself out as a fighter and I'm excited to keep improving with [new trainer] Derrick [James].

"I want to become a champion, that's my goal. I want Rolly to be honest."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/67605586
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ryan Garcia says he aiming for the WBA light-welterweight title after knocking out Oscar Duarte in the eighth round of their bout in Texas on Saturday.

Rolando Romero has held the light-welterweight belt since May and Garcia thinks he would be up to the challenge of facing the 28-year-old.

"That felt like a fight to me, like I'm figuring myself out as a fighter and I'm excited to keep improving with [new trainer] Derrick [James].

No doubt they're tailor made for one another. Anyone's guess what Golden Boy will do next after the intense public infighting or where the head of Garcia will be. But he should stick with Rolly or winner of Barroso v Davies. The clock is ticking on Ryan and his sell-by date after Tank and he can't take another ending like that.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

No doubt they're tailor made for one another. Anyone's guess what Golden Boy will do next after the intense public infighting or where the head of Garcia will be. But he should stick with Rolly or winner of Barroso v Davies. The clock is ticking on Ryan and his sell-by date after Tank and he can't take another ending like that.

Of COURSE Ryan wants Rolly. Who ELSE is he going to mention? Haney would make a fool out of him. Prograis or Teo would knock him out. Matias would murder him.

So why not go with the "fake" champion? It's the easy way to a trinket at 140.

Thread Information