Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: floyd stop ducking margarito (vid)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd stop ducking margarito (vid)

For the Floyd fans not interested in Margarito fight.

Where were you when it was Floyd wanted...
    Sharmba, Henry, DeMarcus, and Phillip?

Why didn't you cry "BOOORRRREEEDD!!!" back then?

I can understand the Gatti fight, because that involved loads of cash.
    But Mayweather Margarito has "fight fan's fight" written all over it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai

I definately want this fight. It's a way for me to say "I told you Floyd would win!" HA Ha Ha!

I'd really like to see this fight to see if Floyd can hang at welter against bigger guys.

And, I feel Tony really deserves a shot. If this fight don't happen, and Floyd fights Oscar, I really hope Arum can get the winner of Gatti Baldomir, just so Tony is recognized as the true champ, and forces a uni fight with Zab{or whoever has that belt}, or gets a shot at Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor

I definately want this fight. It's a way for me to say "I told you Floyd would win!" HA Ha Ha!

I'd really like to see this fight to see if Floyd can hang at welter against bigger guys.

And, I feel Tony really deserves a shot. If this fight don't happen, and Floyd fights Oscar, I really hope Arum can get the winner of Gatti Baldomir, just so Tony is recognized as the true champ, and forces a uni fight with Zab{or whoever has that belt}, or gets a shot at Hatton.
    Agreed. Even if Oscar is an *easier fight than both Hatton and Margarito, I can understand why Mayweather wants it.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$ <------ (We all love this. )

If that happens, I'm with you UnKnowndonor, I'd want Margarito to get that one shot against a "name" opponent. Because, as of now, he's getting no respect from many fans. And that is ONLY because he needs his shot for the big time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *And yes, I said Oscar de la Hoya, at this point in his career, is an easier night than both Hatton and Margarito. It's almost been seven years since Oscar had his fateful night with Felix Trinidad. Oscar's been fighting even at the age of eight.

It's not a coincidence that he hasn't really won since 2003 (Yory Boy Campas). Oscar the "Olden Boy."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was the dumbest friggin video I have ever seen!!!!! Margarito is good but Floyd would paint him like a house That Jacka$$ wouldn't know were the punches would be coming stop Dissing Floyd Give the man his DAMN RESPECT!!!!! plus floyd has a damn good resume love him or hate him he is the best in the business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    That was the dumbest friggin video I have ever seen!!!!! Margarito is good but Floyd would paint him like a house That Jacka$$ wouldn't know were the punches would be coming stop Dissing Floyd Give the man his DAMN RESPECT!!!!! plus floyd has a damn good resume love him or hate him he is the best in the business
    Damn good resume three years ago! Going on Four.

And just because Zab did good against your boy, don't say that was Floyd's coming out party, since Castillo. Floyd's two last good fighters, he fought since Castillo... aren't really that good. heheh DeMarcus and Zab both had a loss coming into their fight wild Mayweather.

So how can you say that Floyd will "Paint" him up, when Floyd has only been looking good against Phillip N'dou, Arturo Gatti, and Henry Brussels. Pound for Pound, Gatti has the biggest heart, but other than that, NOW he's good at fighting untested Italians, aging fighters, and in his upcoming bout, a journeyman with nine losses (Who Zab just lost too.)

You have no real basis that Floyd will "Paint" Margarito, other than "FLOYD IS UNTOUCHABLE BLAH BLAH, RESPECT HIM!!!"
    Watch Margarito, and learn about him AND his reign at Welterweight, not to mention the facts about Santos, Puerto Rico, and the conditions.

Better than just saying, "FLOYD IS DAH BOMB!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And just because Zab did good against your boy, don't say that was Floyd's coming out party, since Castillo. Floyd's two last good fighters, he fought since Castillo... aren't really that good. heheh DeMarcus and Zab both had a loss coming into their fight wild Mayweather.[/color]
    So how can you say that Floyd will "Paint" him up, when Floyd has only been looking good against Phillip N'dou, Arturo Gatti, and Henry Brussels. Pound for Pound, Gatti has the biggest heart, but other than that, NOW he's good at fighting untested Italians, aging fighters, and in his upcoming bout, a journeyman with nine losses (Who Zab just lost too.)

You have no real basis that Floyd will "Paint" Margarito, other than "FLOYD IS UNTOUCHABLE BLAH BLAH, RESPECT HIM!!!"
    Watch Margarito, and learn about him AND his reign at Welterweight, not to mention the facts about Santos, Puerto Rico, and the conditions.

Wait...so the thing floyd has done are to be forgotten? And even the last couple of guys he's beaten are better than everyone margarito has faced...MARGARITO HASN"T BEATEN ANYONE OF NOTE....maybe six-heads and a green cintron....he lost to santos...weight or not he's been at 147 his whole career and couldn't handle 154...he's weak and looking to cash in on a smaller fighter...but if they do fight he will be beaten into submission like gatti...the only fight floyd should be taking is hatton...hatton is the only fighter between 140 and 147 that is worth the time...margarito need to fight someone of real note before he gets a shot....doesn't he have 4 losses? one recently to santos...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather

And just because Zab did good against your boy, don't say that was Floyd's coming out party, since Castillo. Floyd's two last good fighters, he fought since Castillo... aren't really that good. heheh DeMarcus and Zab both had a loss coming into their fight wild Mayweather.[/color]

Wait...so the thing floyd has done are to be forgotten? And even the last couple of guys he's beaten are better than everyone margarito has faced...MARGARITO HASN"T BEATEN ANYONE OF NOTE....maybe six-heads and a green cintron....he lost to santos...weight or not he's been at 147 his whole career and couldn't handle 154...he's weak and looking to cash in on a smaller fighter...but if they do fight he will be beaten into submission like gatti...the only fight floyd should be taking is hatton...hatton is the only fighter between 140 and 147 that is worth the time...margarito need to fight someone of real note before he gets a shot....doesn't he have 4 losses? one recently to santos...
    Worthy, eh? Speaking of worthy. Is Floyd Mayweather worthy of the Welterweight belt? Was Zab Judah Worthy of his Championships Status? Is Floyd worthy of his Championship Status?

Worthy, it's a powerful word. Something you have to explain to me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way, Margarito has fought, and destroyed... undefeated fighters, young undefeated fighters, fighters on winning streaks, and rugged fighters who don't get KO'd easily.

It's nice to have a fighter who fights fighters who are on winning streaks. Rather than fight losers and telefura fighters, like Mayweather has been, and still don't blow them away in rounds 1,2, or 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way, Margarito has fought, and destroyed... undefeated fighters, young undefeated fighters, fighters on winning streaks, and rugged fighters who don't get KO'd easily.

It's nice to have a fighter who fights fighters who are on winning streaks. Rather than fight losers and telefura fighters, like Mayweather has been, and still don't blow them away in rounds 1,2, or 3.
    Margarito treats Telefutura fighters, just as an elite fighter should. Knock 'em out in round one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about you tell me how Margarito beats Floyd.

And then I'll tell you why Floyd beats Margarito and we'll see who's right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

Haha. Your great.

Haha. Your great.

Well, Floyds superior skill should get him past the fifth. At the sixth, the fight will start to shift. At the seventh, Margarito won't even be tired. He throws more punches than Kassim Ouma, a famous volume puncher. Punches coming from odd angles, for 12 rounds, because Mayweather won't be able to knock out Antonio. He has to deal with someone who hits harder, has faster hands than Castillo. Throws punches from odd angles, that Hernandez, Chavez, Corrales don't throw from. Has to endure a fighter who uses his extraordinary reach to pound his opponents, not only to the head, but to the body. No fighter today, puts combinations together with as much volume, angles, and authority as Antonio Margarito. Hatton is a good answer to that, but Margarito doesn't throw punches horizontally, he throws them at diagonals, up and down. Thats why they and I say he throws at odd angles. And that uppercut that finished Cintron came from the other end of the ring! Full extension uppercuts, effectively too. In the beginning of the fight, he won't find Mayweather's head, but the body can't slip. As Joe Louis once said,"He can run, but he can't hide."

I've never seen Margarito give up in a fight. How can you say that this fight will not be exciting?!!!!!
    Is Margarito all of the sudden going to not throw a punch at all? He DOES actually go to the body in his fights, something that fighters always have to resort to when fighting "Boxers."

What is Mayweather going to pitter patter Margarito all night and run away? Once Margarito gets going, he won't stop. He will have no respect for Mayweather's punches.

Win or Lose, Mayweather will get a beating. Even the all time greats had to deal with relentless fighters, they had to p*ss blood the next day. Move your head all you want, throw a punch and your body is in range. Break the body and the head will follow.

In order for Mayweather to win, he's going to have to put a Sugar Ray Leonard type performance. And Mayweather has never looked like Leonard when he was in his toughest fights. The Judah fight? He was lucky Zab was a "Frontrunner," just as he (Mayweather) said himself. Castillo fight? He won, but he had to run and win by one to two point margins. Is Mayweather going to use his powerful jab to keep Margarito honest? Maybe at 135 or 130, but at this weight, he won't be able to. And believe me when I say, if Mayweather dares to land a combination, he'll be within range long enough for Margarito to land a punch. And it won't be a small 130lbs punch, it will come from the same fists that Cintron look "green" and a "nobody" or "exposed." Antonio is no Castillo, he doesn't look for that one punch, he just wants to land anywhere and everywhere. And with Mayweather, coming up from 130lbs, he will feel it, blocked or not. Even his blocked shots from Judah moved Mayweather across the ring. At this weight, Mayweather will feel any punch thrown with bad intentions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

Haha. Your great.

Haha. Your great.

Well, Floyds superior skill should get him past the fifth. At the sixth, the fight will start to shift. At the seventh, Margarito won't even be tired. He throws more punches than Kassim Ouma, a famous volume puncher. Punches coming from odd angles, for 12 rounds, because Mayweather won't be able to knock out Antonio. He has to deal with someone who hits harder, has faster hands than Castillo. Throws punches from odd angles, that Hernandez, Chavez, Corrales don't throw from. Has to endure a fighter who uses his extraordinary reach to pound his opponents, not only to the head, but to the body. No fighter today, puts combinations together with as much volume, angles, and authority as Antonio Margarito. Hatton is a good answer to that, but Margarito doesn't throw punches horizontally, he throws them at diagonals, up and down. Thats why they and I say he throws at odd angles. And that uppercut that finished Cintron came from the other end of the ring! Full extension uppercuts, effectively too. In the beginning of the fight, he won't find Mayweather's head, but the body can't slip. As Joe Louis once said,"He can run, but he can't hide."

I've never seen Margarito give up in a fight. How can you say that this fight will not be exciting?!!!!!
    Is Margarito all of the sudden going to not throw a punch at all? He DOES actually go to the body in his fights, something that fighters always have to resort to when fighting "Boxers."

What is Mayweather going to pitter patter Margarito all night and run away? Once Margarito gets going, he won't stop. He will have no respect for Mayweather's punches.

Win or Lose, Mayweather will get a beating. Even the all time greats had to deal with relentless fighters, they had to p*ss blood the next day. Move your head all you want, throw a punch and your body is in range. Break the body and the head will follow.

In order for Mayweather to win, he's going to have to put a Sugar Ray Leonard type performance. And Mayweather has never looked like Leonard when he was in his toughest fights. The Judah fight? He was lucky Zab was a "Frontrunner," just as he (Mayweather) said himself. Castillo fight? He won, but he had to run and win by one to two point margins. Is Mayweather going to use his powerful jab to keep Margarito honest? Maybe at 135 or 130, but at this weight, he won't be able to. And believe me when I say, if Mayweather dares to land a combination, he'll be within range long enough for Margarito to land a punch. And it won't be a small 130lbs punch, it will come from the same fists that Cintron look "green" and a "nobody" or "exposed." Antonio is no Castillo, he doesn't look for that one punch, he just wants to land anywhere and everywhere. And with Mayweather, coming up from 130lbs, he will feel it, blocked or not. Even his blocked shots from Judah moved Mayweather across the ring. At this weight, Mayweather will feel any punch thrown with bad intentions.
    You're right Margarito is no Castillo, in the sense that he doesn't have the skills and ring savy of a Castillo. I thought Margrito was this and that after I heard he TKO'd Cintron but after watching him I'm convinced that he has little chance against PBF.

Margarito is a slow fighter for a champ at 147. The reason why Castillo gave PBF so much trouble is because he is an effective counterpuncher with great boxing ability. Margarito is a volume puncher, who, like you said, throws punches from odd angles, which PBF will see coming yesterday.

You said Margarito doesn't give up and won't have no respect for Mayweather's punches. I don't know if you box, but anyone who gets hit flush over 12 rounds and barely lands anything himself, will get discouraged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by baller
    Margarito is a volume puncher, who, like you said, throws punches from odd angles, which PBF will see coming yesterday.
    I don't know if you box, but what happens when you block or take punches from a fighter who's naturally three divisions bigger than you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, Floyds superior skill should get him past the fifth. At the sixth, the fight will start to shift. At the seventh, Margarito won't even be tired.
    Neither would Mayweather.

He throws more punches than Kassim Ouma, a famous volume puncher. Punches coming from odd angles, for 12 rounds, because Mayweather won't be able to knock out Antonio.
    he doesn't have to knock Antonio out. But do you think Margarito won't be the least bit tired? Yes he throws as much punches as Kassim Ouma, but he always has a target to land them on, if Floyd's not there to be hit, not only will margarito be tired, but he will be off balance when he misses causing Floyd to counter, and the accumulative that Floyd lands on Margarito will have more effect then the 1 or two that Margarito may potentially land on Floyd in which Floyd will not be there for a second shot.

He has to deal with someone who hits harder, has faster hands than Castillo.
    he's pretty much handled people faster then Castillo, SINCE Castillo. And I think Judah hits harder then Castillo.

Throws punches from odd angles, that Hernandez, Chavez, Corrales don't throw from.
    Corrales threw those kind of punches a few times, and it explains why he hit Floyd so little.

Has to endure a fighter who uses his extraordinary reach to pound his opponents, not only to the head, but to the body.
    Mayweather looks spectacular against people who have extraordinary reach to pound their opponents. Hernandez, Corrales, Ndou. Against tall fighters Mayweather looks at his best.

No fighter today, puts combinations together with as much volume, angles, and authority as Antonio Margarito.
    But those wide angles means he can be caught in between and Mayweather could, and Margarito taking punches from Floyd while missing his wide shots from the angles that Floyd has dodged punches from before he won't be the same Margarito he was in the first 6 rounds either.

Hatton is a good answer to that, but Margarito doesn't throw punches horizontally, he throws them at diagonals, up and down. Thats why they and I say he throws at odd angles. And that uppercut that finished Cintron came from the other end of the ring! Full extension uppercuts, effectively too.
    Those shots are also extremely wide, and he moves his entire body with them along with his waist, they are arm punches, and people have punched like that against Mayweather and Mayweather has ducked and slipped the kind of punches that Margarito throws, sure Margarito will be throwing a lot but he won't be ablt to flurry if he never lands a second shot on Mayweather.

In the beginning of the fight, he won't find Mayweather's head, but the body can't slip. As Joe Louis once said,"He can run, but he can't hide."
    But Mayweather will be finding Margarito's head and body. do you think that after 6 rounds of head and body punishment that Margarito isn't going to be in worse shape?

yes, but he falls for traps that those "boxers" lay for him, and he cannot deal when someone doesn't give him distance, he holds his hands like this

I I

And when he does this he leaves the center of his gut open and his sides and leaves him open to be nailed on the inside, he holds them much the way Corrales held his when Mayweather took from him with the jabs to the body and other things like that . I think after 6 rounds Margarito will be in much worse shape then Mayweather. Remember, Margarito only throws 1000 punches when he has an opponent he can hit or he will get tired.

It doesn't matter if he has respect for the punches or not, he still won't be landing anything on Mayweather, he can bull forward as much as he wants and throw but if he's not landing anything it won't matter, he'll be aggressive but not effectively aggressive.

Mayweather won't stay still long enough to be hit by margarito. margarito has all these angles and awkward punches but he will miss them, beyond those punches he only has a good chin but he is one dimentional and has never had to switch it up in a fight he goes one way, forward and that is when Mayweather is at his best when someone is trying to bullrush him like Margarito would do and Margarito's long arms and long shots would work against him because he is open for Mayweather's right hands inside of those punches.

if Mayweather dares to land a combination, he'll be within range long enough for Margarito to land a punch.
    That is where you're wrong. margarito's shows are all a box shot or a square shot or an arm shot, or a long shot. If Mayweather is close enough to land a combination he is close enough to keep margarito from landing any of his, Margarito can't land anything if Mayweather is in his chest and hitting him, he would have to step back in order to land and Mayweather's size and skill inside would smother Margarito's punches to landing on Mayweather's back and side arms.

And it won't be a small 130lbs punch, it will come from the same fists that Cintron look "green" and a "nobody" or "exposed." Antonio is no Castillo, he doesn't look for that one punch, he just wants to land anywhere and everywhere. And with Mayweather, coming up from 130lbs, he will feel it, blocked or not. Even his blocked shots from Judah moved Mayweather across the ring. At this weight, Mayweather will feel any punch thrown with bad intentions.
    But Margarito would have to hit him first and inside he can't and outside he would have to reach.

This fight would be a repeat of Morales Raheem with more drastic results for Margarito

Floyd UD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez786
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZi_n...ch=zab%20floyd

I really think Floyd should be able to handle Margarito by letting him punch himself out. Floyd's defense is just too tight on top of his amazing ability to adjust and hand speed. I think it will be too much for Tony.

Btw, anyone else for bad for 6 Heads? He was in Mayorga's highlight reel and now Margarito's...
    If you look at the video carefully, Margarito punch with his face wide open. This will allow floyd to get this powerful straight right into his jaw. Remember, Floyd is masterful at that straight right, quick too.

Thread Information