Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: floyd stop ducking margarito (vid)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd stop ducking margarito (vid)

People people,tut tut, if you are going to base how Margarito would fight on that video, you need to wake up. That's like me saying PBF is going to fight Margarito like he did Judah,a silly comment because if he does, the fight would not last long at all.
    I mean some of the comments I have read here have been superb,truly analytical,"Floyd is the man",Margarito is weak etc etc. As Gyrokai said, do some research, check who Margarito has beaten, they have been no over the hill bums,no A graders but hey Floyd has not fought an A grader since Castillo!!!! Unbeaten,hungry young warriors,rugged unbreaten veterans,ex champs.
    H e deserves his shot because he is the true champ@147,been here for 10 years,when was the last time he lost here? He deserves his shot because he has actually been winning his matches unlike half of Floyd's last opponents. Please don't bring the money issue up as Floyd is getting more than he did for most of his for the last 3 years and if it's so easy, why not pick up an easy $6mill? Why is Margarito sooooo repsected by a high proportion of boxing writers and NUMBER 2 IN nearly allll WW lists? This is a true fight fans fight,ones which true fans want to see. You can say all you want about how you think the fight would go BUT Margarito has never been in with a true boxer and PBF never with a true WW sooooo.....
    Starr,I'll address your points later but some of the things you say are true but 1point that sticks out is you say Margarito cannot handle when he has no space:um 6 Heads whole plan was to smother him,attack him,give him no room,um what happened? Plus,Margarito will have room against Floyd unless Floyd wants to stand close and trade,which I highly doubt!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

About the Raheem Morales fight...
    Morales, believe it or not, is an effective counterpuncher. Freddie Roach found out the hard way, in Morales Pacquiao I.
    He needs someone to be agressive, to take advantage. The "wild" Pacquiao of the first fight, turned into the disciplined fighter who slowly edged his way to a "Morales beating." Margarito and Morales are two different species, when it comes to boxing.

StarrI know, being a long poster myself, how much it takes to write such a post in great detail and insight. And I apologize beforehand for talking bad about your favorite fighter.

Floyd will take punches, in the lengthy 12 rounder fight with punching machine Margarito. It won't be easy. Shoulder rolls ain't gonna do it this time, trust me. I hope he does that.

If any Floyd fanatic thinks he'll blow away Margarito, expect to be surprised, a la Zabba Dabba "Inconsistent and Unfocused" Judah's performance. Many were surprised at, not only how good Zab did, BUT how badly Floyd looked. A win's a win, yes, but it wasn't a blow-out. Just as this fight won't be. And just as Mosley said, "What's Zab's excuse?" at not fighting Margarito. These guys know he's the real deal. It will just take a fight to prove it to the general Floyd fanatics, just as it took a Zab fight to prove that Floyd isn't untouchable and that his gifted speed isn't exclusive to himself.

Judah is faster than Margarito. Of course!!! Even Mayweather looked slower than him, in the first four rounds!

But you don't need to be faster than Zab to defeat Mayweather. You guys won't say that, but you believe it. Just because Mayweather can beat Zab, doesn't mean anybody slower has no chance at all. If boxing were strickly about speed, then maybe perhaps Zab would have been a top pound-for-pounder for once.

Margarito has been boxing Professionally since he was 15. Trained in world recognized boxing gyms. And you guys act like he's a complete idiot in the ring. He isn't the most skilled boxer, or the most talented, but what he lacks that department he makes up in will and sheer determination.

Ali once said,"The will must be stronger than the skill." This last fight only proves that statement. Zab had Mayweather measured, by the first round. It wasn't until Zab lost focus, that Mayweather cautiously adjusted and fired back. Zab has all these raw talents, Speed, Power, and even Southpaw... but just the fact that he goes for a Low-Blow when the going gets tough, in the 10th round, just shows you what type of "person" he his deep inside. Not only does he fold under pressure, as the Baldomir fight showed, he turns to dirty tactics. And yes, I believe the low-blow was intentional.

As for Margarito...
    Power, volume, youth, will and determination: OOOOHHHH DAMMNNN!!! Any boxer is in trouble, any respected professional trainer will tell you this, unless it's Roger Mayweather.

****Note: I may be able to say that Mayweather is more technically sound than the great Muhammad Ali. But Ali depended more on something else rather than just skill. "I am The Greatest!"-Ali

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Morales, believe it or not, is an effective counterpuncher. Freddie Roach found out the hard way, in Morales Pacquiao I.
    He needs someone to be agressive, to take advantage. The "wild" Pacquiao of the first fight, turned into the disciplined fighter who slowly edged his way to a "Morales beating." Margarito and Morales are two different species, when it comes to boxing.

StarrI know, being a long poster myself, how much it takes to write such a post in great detail and insight. And I apologize beforehand for talking bad about your favorite fighter.

Floyd will take punches, in the lengthy 12 rounder fight with punching machine Margarito. It won't be easy. Shoulder rolls ain't gonna do it this time, trust me. I hope he does that.

If any Floyd fanatic thinks he'll blow away Margarito, expect to be surprised, a la Zabba Dabba "Inconsistent and Unfocused" Judah's performance. Many were surprised at, not only how good Zab did, BUT how badly Floyd looked. A win's a win, yes, but it wasn't a blow-out. Just as this fight won't be. And just as Mosley said, "What's Zab's excuse?" at not fighting Margarito. These guys know he's the real deal. It will just take a fight to prove it to the general Floyd fanatics, just as it took a Zab fight to prove that Floyd isn't untouchable and that his gifted speed isn't exclusive to himself.

Judah is faster than Margarito. Of course!!! Even Mayweather looked slower than him, in the first four rounds!

But you don't need to be faster than Zab to defeat Mayweather. You guys won't say that, but you believe it. Just because Mayweather can beat Zab, doesn't mean anybody slower has no chance at all. If boxing were strickly about speed, then maybe perhaps Zab would have been a top pound-for-pounder for once.

Margarito has been boxing Professionally since he was 15. Trained in world recognized boxing gyms. And you guys act like he's a complete idiot in the ring. He isn't the most skilled boxer, or the most talented, but what he lacks that department he makes up in will and sheer determination.

Ali once said,"The will must be stronger than the skill." This last fight only proves that statement. Zab had Mayweather measured, by the first round. It wasn't until Zab lost focus, that Mayweather cautiously adjusted and fired back. Zab has all these raw talents, Speed, Power, and even Southpaw... but just the fact that he goes for a Low-Blow when the going gets tough, in the 10th round, just shows you what type of "person" he his deep inside. Not only does he fold under pressure, as the Baldomir fight showed, he turns to dirty tactics. And yes, I believe the low-blow was intentional.

As for Margarito...
    Power, volume, youth, will and determination: OOOOHHHH DAMMNNN!!! Any boxer is in trouble, any respected professional trainer will tell you this, unless it's Roger Mayweather.

****Note: I may be able to say that Mayweather is more technically sound than the great Muhammad Ali. But Ali depended more on something else rather than just skill. "I am The Greatest!"-Ali
    That's some awesome posting man,cc.(this is becoming a regular occurence!) You should write some sort of Margarito appreciation article or something if he wins!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    People people,tut tut, if you are going to base how Margarito would fight on that video, you need to wake up. That's like me saying PBF is going to fight Margarito like he did Judah,a silly comment because if he does, the fight would not last long at all.
    I mean some of the comments I have read here have been superb,truly analytical,"Floyd is the man",Margarito is weak etc etc. As Gyrokai said, do some research, check who Margarito has beaten, they have been no over the hill bums,no A graders but hey Floyd has not fought an A grader since Castillo!!!! Unbeaten,hungry young warriors,rugged unbreaten veterans,ex champs.
    H e deserves his shot because he is the true champ@147,been here for 10 years,when was the last time he lost here? He deserves his shot because he has actually been winning his matches unlike half of Floyd's last opponents. Please don't bring the money issue up as Floyd is getting more than he did for most of his for the last 3 years and if it's so easy, why not pick up an easy $6mill? Why is Margarito sooooo repsected by a high proportion of boxing writers and NUMBER 2 IN nearly allll WW lists? This is a true fight fans fight,ones which true fans want to see. You can say all you want about how you think the fight would go BUT Margarito has never been in with a true boxer and PBF never with a true WW sooooo.....
    Starr,I'll address your points later but some of the things you say are true but 1point that sticks out is you say Margarito cannot handle when he has no space:um 6 Heads whole plan was to smother him,attack him,give him no room,um what happened? Plus,Margarito will have room against Floyd unless Floyd wants to stand close and trade,which I highly doubt!!!
    In fact, fighters usually and probably watch a whole bunch of videos of their opponents before a fight...by doing this they can exploit their bad habits, such as swinging widely with their face sticking out as is the case in this video. You're absolutely right! According to boxingrec this man lost to daniel santos, who is he by the way?

In life, money is a fact...Money makes the boxing world go round and round. Oh yeah, money also makes the world go round and round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for Margarito...

In your opinion Zab lost focus. But in my opinion, Zab gassed out. Without especially will and endurance (gas), you'll get beat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrtko
    In fact, fighters usually and probably watch a whole bunch of videos of their opponents before a fight...by doing this they can exploit their bad habits, such as swinging widely with their face sticking out as is the case in this video. You're absolutely right! According to boxingrec this man lost to daniel santos, who is he by the way?

In life, money is a fact...Money makes the boxing world go round and round. Oh yeah, money also makes the world go round and round.
    Santos is this decent fighter,Margarito fought him twice,first time was stopped in the first round due to a cut and second time was also stopped in 8th or 9th due to cuts. The fight was at 154,Margarito's first fight there and Santos came to the ring weighing at least 10 pounds more than Tony. Fight was close,I had by 1 round to Margarito as did Harlod Lederman and Larry Merchant,plus he was coming on strong! Santos won a split decision,surprise surprise as the fight took place in his own backyard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

plus he was coming on strong! Santos won a split decision,surprise surprise as the fight took place in his own backyard!
    I had it one round for Margarito too. It was a close fight, a draw or a close points win for Santos isn't robbery either. That fight really made me sad though! haha

The thing that really got to me was the fact that Santos was HAPPY, cheering, and raising hands that the fight was cut-off early and went to the scorecards. Just as Margarito was taking the fight to him and making him look bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The deciding judge had it by 2,no way was there ever 2 rounds in it,Santos financial future rested on the fight AND it was in his backyard, I honestly think he was always going to win unless Margarito stopped him. Yeah, you could see the relief in his face!! He tried to run towards the end but Margarito would just push him into the ropes and bang away at the body! Also, did you see when Santos went down,the was a legitimate knockdown,Margarito landed a body shot and he went down!! Even Lederman said it!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by baller
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    How about you tell me how Margarito beats Floyd.

And then I'll tell you why Floyd beats Margarito and we'll see who's right
    Haha. Your great.

Haha. Your great.

Well, Floyds superior skill should get him past the fifth. At the sixth, the fight will start to shift. At the seventh, Margarito won't even be tired. He throws more punches than Kassim Ouma, a famous volume puncher. Punches coming from odd angles, for 12 rounds, because Mayweather won't be able to knock out Antonio. He has to deal with someone who hits harder, has faster hands than Castillo. Throws punches from odd angles, that Hernandez, Chavez, Corrales don't throw from. Has to endure a fighter who uses his extraordinary reach to pound his opponents, not only to the head, but to the body. No fighter today, puts combinations together with as much volume, angles, and authority as Antonio Margarito. Hatton is a good answer to that, but Margarito doesn't throw punches horizontally, he throws them at diagonals, up and down. Thats why they and I say he throws at odd angles. And that uppercut that finished Cintron came from the other end of the ring! Full extension uppercuts, effectively too. In the beginning of the fight, he won't find Mayweather's head, but the body can't slip. As Joe Louis once said,"He can run, but he can't hide."

I've never seen Margarito give up in a fight. How can you say that this fight will not be exciting?!!!!!
    Is Margarito all of the sudden going to not throw a punch at all? He DOES actually go to the body in his fights, something that fighters always have to resort to when fighting "Boxers."

What is Mayweather going to pitter patter Margarito all night and run away? Once Margarito gets going, he won't stop. He will have no respect for Mayweather's punches.

Win or Lose, Mayweather will get a beating. Even the all time greats had to deal with relentless fighters, they had to p*ss blood the next day. Move your head all you want, throw a punch and your body is in range. Break the body and the head will follow.

In order for Mayweather to win, he's going to have to put a Sugar Ray Leonard type performance. And Mayweather has never looked like Leonard when he was in his toughest fights. The Judah fight? He was lucky Zab was a "Frontrunner," just as he (Mayweather) said himself. Castillo fight? He won, but he had to run and win by one to two point margins. Is Mayweather going to use his powerful jab to keep Margarito honest? Maybe at 135 or 130, but at this weight, he won't be able to. And believe me when I say, if Mayweather dares to land a combination, he'll be within range long enough for Margarito to land a punch. And it won't be a small 130lbs punch, it will come from the same fists that Cintron look "green" and a "nobody" or "exposed." Antonio is no Castillo, he doesn't look for that one punch, he just wants to land anywhere and everywhere. And with Mayweather, coming up from 130lbs, he will feel it, blocked or not. Even his blocked shots from Judah moved Mayweather across the ring. At this weight, Mayweather will feel any punch thrown with bad intentions.
    You're right Margarito is no Castillo, in the sense that he doesn't have the skills and ring savy of a Castillo. I thought Margrito was this and that after I heard he TKO'd Cintron but after watching him I'm convinced that he has little chance against PBF.

Margarito is a slow fighter for a champ at 147. The reason why Castillo gave PBF so much trouble is because he is an effective counterpuncher with great boxing ability. Margarito is a volume puncher, who, like you said, throws punches from odd angles, which PBF will see coming yesterday.

You said Margarito doesn't give up and won't have no respect for Mayweather's punches. I don't know if you box, but anyone who gets hit flush over 12 rounds and barely lands anything himself, will get discouraged.
    CC...I agree, it seems like the same argument that people are making for PBF v Tony is he will hit tony a lot...and in response to that everyone keeps saying that Tony won't be affected....It's almost as they believe that Tony doesn't get hurt...I agree that I don't care who you are if you're constantly being hit at not landing as much as you want to land you're going to get down on yourself...especially if Tony lands a KO punch and PBF takes it standing then he will really be discouraged...everyone keeps saying margarito has been fighting since he was 15...PBF has been in the gym since he was 3...and he spars Chris Byrd sometimes without head gear....I know Byrd deosn't exactly hit like a true HW but he hits harder than Margarito...this point alone is why i feel that the mayweather camp believe that he could effectively go up 154 and beat winky....

Anyway I much rather see PBF face Hatton..that is an old classic fight for the new era...RAY ROBINSON v SADLER...it will be much better than the DEJA VU feeling of MAYWEATHER v GATTI at 147 which would be PBF v TONY...or if that's too embarassing try PBF v Corrales or Castillo...anyhow
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, didn't someone say that Tony beats undefeated fighters and fighter on wining streaks? and try to discredit floyd by saying he fights guys who have just lost and etc...

One of Margarito's only noteable opponents Six-Heads had just been crushed by Mayorga a few fights before the fought.... and of these so-called young fighter on winning streaks what have they since they lost to Tony? Nothing but return to the Tiajuanna bars and pad their records in an attempt to make themselves look worthy of a fight worth a lot of pesos....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information