Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robeisy Ramirez vs Rafael Espinoza Dec. 9 ESPN

What a FUKKING main event!!!

Both guys left it all out in the ring. But I think Robeisy made the mistake of thinking he had won the fight after that huge knockdown of Espinoza in the 5th round. Espinoza was like a machine in there.

Personally, I think Espinoza edged out the fight.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hide the children and confiscate the bottles...here come the scores Commissions wants to recheck a "discrepancy"

113-113...114-112...115-111...winner Espinoza!!! Woah. I'm good with that. Tremendous fight

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

happy for rafael, sounds like a foty contender. i'm going to watch it now
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

robeisy ramirez v rafael espinoza
    http://ok.ru/video/6266557237861

bruce carrington v jason sanchez
    http://ok.ru/video/6267642448485

richard torrez jr v curtis harper
    http://ok.ru/video/6522935577256
    Last edited by TIC; 12-10-2023 at 08:43 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is why I never start over hyping these gold medal amateurs.

A 3 round tip tap game is extremely different to a 12 round fight. Plenty of good Cubans have found that out. So everyone needs to chill about the other gold medallist Cuban, that Andy Cruz cat.

However Top Rank swallowed the hype that's why they thought it'd be easy to work to put Robeisy in with an unknown, undefeated 6’1 fighter from Guadalajara with a 90% KO ratio who was not his mandatory ? Who does that ?

But great fight. Awesome for Espinoza.

A big shout out to the ref for not panicking and ending the fight after the first knock down.

Every UK ref (and I mean EVERY UK REF) out there would have sh*t themselves and stopped that fight if they saw this and many USA refs too. This ref needs to be elevated to bigger fights. Great job ref!

Espinoza did only 11 amateur foghts and won em all that's crazy considering Robeisy did what at least 200? (boxrec says 126-23 but they always miss more than a few) 200 is way to many amateur fights IMO. Floyd, Ray Leonard, Ali all had 50 or 60.

Robeisy is a good fighter, but now his aura is shattered and may never return. He essentially took a knee in that last round to get Ramirez off of him; you can't do that in the last minute of a close fight.

As I say what a fight and a contender for FOTY.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 12-12-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was an excellent contest where both fighters fought their hearts out and left it all in the ring.

I thought Espinoza won the majority of the rounds with his punch volume and coming back from that knockdown in round 5 showed his desire to become champion.

Ramirez was loading up, waiting too long and hoping that his big punches would knock out Espinoza. The fact that Rafael scored the knockdown in the last round sealed the win for me. How he makes weight at 6 foot 1 I do not know.

I am now a fan of Espinoza.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a fight
    With a different ref we could have been robbed of a superb contest
    A well deserved upset & Espinoza made a big splash in the division

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That was an excellent contest where both fighters fought their hearts out and left it all in the ring.

I thought Espinoza won the majority of the rounds with his punch volume and coming back from that knockdown in round 5 showed his desire to become champion.

Ramirez was loading up, waiting too long and hoping that his big punches would knock out Espinoza. The fact that Rafael scored the knockdown in the last round sealed the win for me. How he makes weight at 6 foot 1 I do not know.

I am now a fan of Espinoza.

Yeah, one can't help but root for Espinoza. The emotion he showed upon getting the decision was one of those moments that make boxing such a wonderful sport. He definitely earned that decision through blood and guts.

You and me both wonder about how he makes the weight at 6'-1". Skin and bones. It's unavoidable he'll move up one or more divisions in the not-too-distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    What a fight
    With a different ref we could have been robbed of a superb contest
    A well deserved upset & Espinoza made a big splash in the division

Exactly what you and Denilson mentioned. A different ref would've stopped the fight when Espinoza got up, then stumbled into the ropes. In fact, I'd venture to say the vast majority would have. Instead, he let Espinoza continue, and we ended up with a FOTY candidate. Kudos to the ref for that.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really impressed with Espinoza in his 1st defense last Friday night. Sure, it was somewhat of a coronation for the new champ as far as unheralded opponent and #2 ranked Sergio Chirino Sanchez but all you can ask with a heavy favorite is to close the show at first opportunity. Sanchez came in with a shiny 22-1 record but his biggest fight to date was former champ and brick thrower Mauricio Bronco Lara some 6 years ago where Sanchez was busted wide open and stopped early. Champ Rafael Espinoza also got him out in the 4th after a decent stand from his opponent. Espinoza is another "fighter who doesn't fight-use his height" at 6'1 but you cannot deny he makes for fun TV. He was all pressure showing a nasty mix on the inside v Sanchez and gets excellent torque on his leveraged uppercuts. He KNOWS how to use his arms and pick his spots. Also knows how to follow through with a subtle elbow but his inside mix was more than enough. It totally contradicts his physical gifts, and his defense suffers if we're honest, but off his first defense he puts himself squarely in the big picture mix at Featherweight.

Once again Top Rank seemingly positioned Shu Shu Carrington ringside on Friday for some comments and assessment on a current champion. They're under the same promotion and we all know they cannot wait to fast track Carrington into a title shot. But I'd slow my roll there. Just a bit. 126 is pretty stacked. Any mix of the 4 champs is formidable and makes for good quality match ups. Whatever the case Rafael Espinoza will be entertaining as long as he goes. He's clearly got some craft and I don't think he'll go down as a 'fluke' champ. He has some holes, but you're going to chewed up inside if you're not on your game. Looking forward to his next fight no doubt. Possibly v the man he took it from but we'll see.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How freakish would an Espinoza vs. Ball fight look

Thread Information