Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Conor Benn v Peter Dobson

Peter Dobson has always wanted a big-time opportunity, but after waiting around for years, the old veteran began losing hope. But, just when ring rust was forming and inactivity was becoming the norm, Dobson (16-0, 9 KOs) was thrown a lifeline.

On February 3rd, the 33-year-old will officially return to the ring when he takes on Conor Benn in Las Vegas, Nevada. A world title won’t be on the line but the British star will be the best fighter Dobson has ever faced...at least on paper.

Although Dobson’s undefeated record gives him a bit of credibility, oddsmakers aren’t giving him much of a chance at pulling off the upset. Curious to find out what the betting public thinks of him, Dobson took a look. Once he did, he couldn’t believe it.

In some places, Dobson is as high as a six-to-one underdog. Essentially, Dobson believes he’s being viewed flippantly. But, instead of arguing with whoever decided to put him as an underdog, he’s simply telling all of his close friends and family members to run to the nearest ATM they can find and throw their life savings on him come fight night.

“If you wanna win some bread (money), bet on me for February 3rd,” said Dobson on a self-recorded video. “Conor Benn is a bum and they got him beating me on the odds in Vegas.”

Benn, 27, spent over a year attempting to clear his name after failing a pre-fight PED test. He hasn’t been fully exonerated but Benn (22-0, 14 KOs) is moving forward with his career.

When taking a look at the names he’s beaten and the overall skills he’s shown, Dobson doesn't understand the hype surrounding him. Simply talking about what he’ll do, however, won’t get him anywhere. So instead, Dobson plans on showing the rest of the world why he’s on another level.

“The kid is a bum. I don’t know how they think he can beat me.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/peter-do...id-bum--180928
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn v Peter Dobson

I hope Dobson is good enough to kick the Eggman's ass

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nigel Benn lives in Australia and is an inspiring man. I heard Conor on breakfast TV this morning and hope he wins.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor Benn says he is willing to "fight to the death to prove his innocence" after a provisional doping suspension in 2022.

The 27-year-old failed two Voluntary Anti-Doping Association tests before his cancelled bout with Chris Eubank Jr in October 2022.

He tested positive for female fertility drug clomifene, but has always denied intentionally taking it.

Benn does not hold a boxing licence in the UK.

"I'm willing to spend every last penny I have and fight to the death to prove my innocence," he told ITV's Good Morning Britain.

"My name matters more to me than anything else, fighting is fighting, but your name stands forever and so for me it's been hard, it's been challenging, but I've got a good team around me."

Clomifene can be used to boost testosterone levels in men and is banned inside and outside competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Benn's last fight in the UK was in April 2022. In September he returned to the ring, fighting under a US licence when he defeated Rodolfo Orozco in Florida.

"There's many things in my life I've gone through, this is probably one of the worst things. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy," he added.

Benn fights in the United States on 3 February when he faces American Peter Dobson in Las Vegas.

In March 2023, UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) provisionally suspended Benn but the National Anti-Doping Panel lifted the suspension in July after a hearing.

Ukad and the British Boxing Board of Control have appealed against that decision.

Benn, who has won all 22 of his professional bouts, is scheduled to fight Peter Dobson on 3 February in Las Vegas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/68091751

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Conor Benn says he is willing to "fight to the death to prove his innocence" after a provisional doping suspension in 2022.

The 27-year-old failed two Voluntary Anti-Doping Association tests before his cancelled bout with Chris Eubank Jr in October 2022.

He tested positive for female fertility drug clomifene, but has always denied intentionally taking it.

Benn does not hold a boxing licence in the UK.

"I'm willing to spend every last penny I have and fight to the death to prove my innocence," he told ITV's Good Morning Britain.

"My name matters more to me than anything else, fighting is fighting, but your name stands forever and so for me it's been hard, it's been challenging, but I've got a good team around me."

Clomifene can be used to boost testosterone levels in men and is banned inside and outside competition by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Benn's last fight in the UK was in April 2022. In September he returned to the ring, fighting under a US licence when he defeated Rodolfo Orozco in Florida.

"There's many things in my life I've gone through, this is probably one of the worst things. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy," he added.

Benn fights in the United States on 3 February when he faces American Peter Dobson in Las Vegas.

In March 2023, UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) provisionally suspended Benn but the National Anti-Doping Panel lifted the suspension in July after a hearing.

Ukad and the British Boxing Board of Control have appealed against that decision.

Benn, who has won all 22 of his professional bouts, is scheduled to fight Peter Dobson on 3 February in Las Vegas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/68091751
    I'm not sure why this fellah keeps getting exposure. all the ususal soundbites about wanting to clear his name, yet he hasn't produced one shred of evidence to back up his protests of innocence.
    he has been given many opportunities to do so, yet still has given nothing.
    the stupid thing was , that if he done a plea bargaining , taken a small ban , he would have had his licence back already .
    Canelo, Fury and loads more have taken their rap on the knuckles and moved on with no lasting damage.
    His problem is because he has protested so much , people are smelling a rat , and the more evasive he is, the more people sense something untoward.
    he's made some terrible calls.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie has ensured that Conor Benn's fight comes on after the Azeez v Buatsi. So early fight for Benn in the USA.

Full card (subject to change)

Conor Benn vs Peter Dobson (super-welterweight)

Austin Williams vs Connor Coyle (middleweight)

Johnny Fisher vs Dmytro Bezus (heavyweight)

Khalil Coe vs Gerardo Osuna (light-heavyweight)

George Liddard vs Andrew Buchanan (middleweight)

Jimmy Sains vs Ahmed Swedy (middleweight)
    Last edited by Master; 02-01-2024 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just watched the final press conference for this fight. Serious question. Is anybody else slightly concerned about Dobson’s shaking and twitching?
    He is shaking almost to the extent that he either looks like he’s going cold turkey or has Parkinson’s disease.
    I feel bad mentioning it, but it is so noticeable. Makes we wonder yet again what medicals these guys have.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just pre-fight nerves & adrenaline. i have no issue wth it
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

conor rehydrated to one sevety after weighing one fifty yesterday. tis was five hours ago so he could still be heavier come fight time
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

khalil coe looked impressive

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gavve conor the first

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gave the second to conor

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn! Azeez fight is on too!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gave conor the third. he did get caught at the end of the round by a right hand

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Damn! Azeez fight is on too!
    yeah sucks watching two screens,at least it's only two fights & not more

gave peter the fourth

Thread Information