Yessir. I resigned from my job for a better job- same field- with much higher pay and a promotion. Plus, it is closer to my home, because it is only me and I am taking care of a parent who has dementia- yes, pray for me- and it is also closer to my University where I am studying law- yes, it is HARD... But I will graduate and head off to bar school by 2025.

All came with prayer and petition to the Father in Heaven. To think I applied to this job last year and even prior to getting my current position, I had applied to the newspaper I am headed to now first. They never responded and my current job did because a guy just up and left without much of a word so they needed someone to fill his role. Amazing ride I've been on since 2019 or so...

But now to the new place I am headed to, someone is leaving for better opportunities and leaving their space for me to fill. Their trash is my treasure. Amazing how these things go!

Oh, it felt goooooodddddd to hang in that letter of resignation. I actually like the managing editor, but you know how these things go. He asked if there was anything he can do to persuade me to stay. I told him if he was willing to move the building closer to my home and University and give me a few extra dollars, I would seriously consider it. lolol... we laughed. He wished me the best and I wished him the best.

I didn't tell my direct supervisor, however, because fuck him. Disgusting pig of a being. I don't hate him or harbour any ill feelings, I just don't give a fuck about him...know what I mean?