1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Liam Williams v Hamzan Sheeraz

The fight is about to start.

Yarde won earlier in 3 rounds.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Williams v Hamzan Sheeraz

mis-match
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that ended in the first round stoppage. Sheeraz wins easy.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never heard of Sheeraz but thought Williams would put up better fight than that.

Is Sheeraz that good ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Never heard of Sheeraz but thought Williams would put up better fight than that.

Is Sheeraz that good ?
    still don't really know, liam is that shot
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Is Sheeraz that good ?
    Unknown yet but there are some good domestic matches for him that will tell us more.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Buatsi v Yarde could be made that would be good.

Craig Richards won on the Dazn card today and he could be in the equation according to Eddie.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yarde back in his natural habitat. Thumping the piss out of bin men (he's actually a fireman but that doesn't work as well) I like Yarde, I want him to do well and obviously Queensbury and therefore TNT do too. But this narrative they're peddling that Yarde is elite and standing shoulder to shoulder with the giants of the division is just a blatant lie. He gave Beterbiev a decent row I'll give him that. But ultimately he wasn't close to being good enough. Carl Frampton waxing lyrical about how well he did against Kovalev? He was completely out of his depth and save for a minute or less where his youth and athleticism got him a mini foothold in the fight, he lost every minute of every round.

There's a proving ground between the cannon fodder Yarde is so adroit at putting away, and the truly elite of the division. That's where the tough learning fights are, that's where you go after you've knocked over a few part timers and Euro imports. That's where the Lyndon Arthurs live, the Dan Azeez and Craig Richards. Yarde has been there twice. Credit where it's due, he got the job done in good style the second time around with Arthur. But the fact that he needed a second bite says everything. How he did it I don't know. But he came out of the Kovalev fight with a truck load of credit. Yes he was hopelessly outclassed, but he was brave, he had his moment, and on cue Kovalev was a consummate diplomat and called Yarde a champion in waiting. Yarde bought into this and thought he was a cut above Arthur. The first time at least, he was wrong and got found out.

It would be every bit as foolish to claim Buatsi is elite level. But he's proven in that space where the tough domestic fights are and where Yarde seems reluctant to tread. Buatsi has pedigree and class and I suspect an all too rounded game for Yarde. The moment we start talking about Kovalev and Beterbiev to make Yarde's case, we're straying into the realms of fantasy.

Liam Williams has looked like an accident waiting to happen for a while now hasn't he? Up and down like a whores drawers with Eubank Jr. Now, Sheeraz has done the same and not let him off the hook. He was toast, no doubting that and the stoppage was 100% the right thing to do. But gut instinct says that was a 'we knew this was coming' throwing of the towel. Williams has nothing left and should walk away.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Yarde back in his natural habitat. Thumping the piss out of bin men (he's actually a fireman but that doesn't work as well) I like Yarde, I want him to do well and obviously Queensbury and therefore TNT do too. But this narrative they're peddling that Yarde is elite and standing shoulder to shoulder with the giants of the division is just a blatant lie. He gave Beterbiev a decent row I'll give him that. But ultimately he wasn't close to being good enough. Carl Frampton waxing lyrical about how well he did against Kovalev? He was completely out of his depth and save for a minute or less where his youth and athleticism got him a mini foothold in the fight, he lost every minute of every round.

There's a proving ground between the cannon fodder Yarde is so adroit at putting away, and the truly elite of the division. That's where the tough learning fights are, that's where you go after you've knocked over a few part timers and Euro imports. That's where the Lyndon Arthurs live, the Dan Azeez and Craig Richards. Yarde has been there twice. Credit where it's due, he got the job done in good style the second time around with Arthur. But the fact that he needed a second bite says everything. How he did it I don't know. But he came out of the Kovalev fight with a truck load of credit. Yes he was hopelessly outclassed, but he was brave, he had his moment, and on cue Kovalev was a consummate diplomat and called Yarde a champion in waiting. Yarde bought into this and thought he was a cut above Arthur. The first time at least, he was wrong and got found out.

It would be every bit as foolish to claim Buatsi is elite level. But he's proven in that space where the tough domestic fights are and where Yarde seems reluctant to tread. Buatsi has pedigree and class and I suspect an all too rounded game for Yarde. The moment we start talking about Kovalev and Beterbiev to make Yarde's case, we're straying into the realms of fantasy.

Liam Williams has looked like an accident waiting to happen for a while now hasn't he? Up and down like a whores drawers with Eubank Jr. Now, Sheeraz has done the same and not let him off the hook. He was toast, no doubting that and the stoppage was 100% the right thing to do. But gut instinct says that was a 'we knew this was coming' throwing of the towel. Williams has nothing left and should walk away.
    Totally get your point about how they try to peddle Yarde et al as “elite”, but they do that with all the Brits. In fairness I suppose they have to in order to garner interest.
    Credit I will give to Yarde in his fights at the top level, is that he did show heart.
    And even though they peddle these guys as elite, it doesn’t take away from the fact that Yarde v Buatsi is a fight I would like to see. You and I would call it a good old fashioned domestic dust up, whereas the media will call it a World title eliminator. All about perspective.
    One final thing I would say, is massive credit to Yarde and Buatsi for how they conducted themselves in the post fight interview. I thought it was great to see, and put both of them up the ladder in my estimation as people and professional sportsmen.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information