Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Canelo?

ibf mandatory william scull has requested an immediate purse bid. it is scheduled for june sixth
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A squash match that is going to tank like a brick in a pond. Not sure how a guy who wins a gimmick trinket like the ibf latino title...and its entire 6 champs over the last 30 years...slips into mandatory but if Canelo has any self-respect he'd drop the strap and move on. If. Otherwise, we'll see even more "well ok, as long as he fights Crawford next". A fight Canelo himself has already dismissed. Guess I'm making up for Titos absence , but the sport will be better when Canelo finally retires.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    A squash match that is going to tank like a brick in a pond. Not sure how a guy who wins a gimmick trinket like the ibf latino title...and its entire 6 champs over the last 30 years...slips into mandatory but if Canelo has any self-respect he'd drop the strap and move on. If. Otherwise, we'll see even more "well ok, as long as he fights Crawford next". A fight Canelo himself has already dismissed. Guess I'm making up for Titos absence , but the sport will be better when Canelo finally retires.
    canelo will probably vacate the ibf belt. you can't blame team william scull for trying to enforce the mandatory, he's been mandatory longer than david b or david m. william scull v vladimir shishkin will probably fight for the vacant belt
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    canelo will probably vacate the ibf belt. you can't blame team william scull for trying to enforce the mandatory, he's been mandatory longer than david b or david m. william scull v vladimir shishkin will probably fight for the vacant belt
    I think it's a good thing. I've always been a fan of sweeping the belts into one dustpan/under one champion but honestly what I've found lately with a Charlo or Crawford or Canelo is it can honestly be a bit meaningless. The "king of the mountain" and ruler of division tends to cease at that point. They either move up, the best fights with top challengers don't happen for whatever reason or they just sit on the pile of belts like a stuffed goose guarding her eggs. And it's not just now, the belts always seem to fracture when the bodies start peacocking and getting tribal.

Guess it all comes down to there are too many trinkets to begin with. That's really what it is and nothing new.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've said before that I enjoy when the belts become vacant
    The top contenders fight to fill vacancies
    The next fighters in line fight in eliminators
    The division gets hot again & starts moving
    I don't mind an undisputed champion defending like Inoue is currently
    But I can also understand fighters like Usyk or Crawford moving on
    Canelo needs to go to 175 if he wants a challenge

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ibf mandatory william scull has requested an immediate purse bid. it is scheduled for june sixth
    the purse bid has been postponed for a week until the thirteenth of june

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post

No way Canelo goes to 175 while Bivol and Beterbiev are still breathing.

What he needs is a NEW division, say 171.5, because a certain someone is waiting back at 168.

Looks like the age excuse might be the only thing that saves Canelo from certain loss by KTFO, which would put a serious dent in his future Hollywood career.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

What he needs is a NEW division, say 171.5, because a certain someone is waiting back at 168.

Looks like the age excuse might be the only thing that saves Canelo from certain loss by KTFO, which would put a serious dent in his future Hollywood career.
    canelo already went to light heavy while artur & dmitry were still breathing did he not? who's waiting back super middleweight?

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo already went to light heavy while artur & dmitry were still breathing did he not? who's waiting back super middleweight?

Ergo... he's not going back there again. See how easy this works?

Well... David B was waiting, until he got tired and has apparently decided to move on, much to the colossal relief of the Ginger-Haired One.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so canelo did already go to light heavy while artur & dmitry were breathing yeh? so who is waiting at super middle again? canelo could probably reign at super middle for another five years

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so canelo did already go to light heavy while artur & dmitry were breathing yeh? so who is waiting at super middle again? canelo could probably reign at super middle for another five years

Yeh.

Canelo went up there... got his ass kicked by Bivol to where not even the biased judges could give Canelo the decision... and hasn't gone back since.

He did, however, at one point ask weak ass cruiser champ Ilunga Makabu to fight for a cruiser trinket.

At another point he also asked Badou Jack for another cruiser trinket, but this time wanting to dehydrate Jack to 180 (PLUS... a rehydration limit clause).

Jack became an instant hero of mine when he told Ginger to go to hell.

And yeh.

Canelo can stay safely at 168, now that Benavidez got fed up waiting for him and moved on.

Let's remember... Benavidez is Mexican, and Ginger had said in the past he wouldn't fight another Mexican.

This bitch should do us all a favor and retire already.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

Canelo went up there...

And yeh.

Canelo can stay safely at 168, now that Benavidez got fed up waiting for him and moved on.

Let's remember... Benavidez is Mexican, and Ginger had said in the past he wouldn't fight another Mexican.
    yes canelo did go up to light heavy while artur & dmitry were still breathing, so your statement was wrong. david b could have tried to force the wbc to make him mandatory. he chose to move up. david b is not mexican. canelo just fought a mexican in jaime munguia. if you're taking what a boxer says as gospel then you're asking to be fooled

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh.

Canelo went up there...

And yeh.

yes canelo did go up to light heavy while artur & dmitry were still breathing, so your statement was wrong. david b could have tried to force the wbc to make him mandatory. he chose to move up. david b is not mexican. canelo just fought a mexican in jaime munguia. if you're taking what a boxer says as gospel then you're asking to be fooled

On the first statement:

hyper·bole
    [hʌɪˈpəːbəli]
    noun
    exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally

Us adults use hyperbole every so often to make our points.

Oh... so David B didn't do enough to force a fight against Canelo?

Damn bro... you should have your own stint as a stand-up comic on HBO. You are just plain hilarious.

You're a Canelo groupie... I'm a Canelo hater. You know that... I know that. So basically these exchanges are pointless.

(They're a bit of fun, though).

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if your statements are hyper·bole & not meant to be taken literally then how can they be used to make a point? david b did enough in my opinion to earn a fight with canelo, you could also argue from david m or william sculls teams that they also did everything to earn their shots as well. both were mandatories before david b. the blame needs to be on the wbc for not making david b mandatory but he would still be behind david m & william scull in the mandatory process. canelo could have chose to fight david b, i agree with you there. maybe he just didn't want to give david b the payday

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if your statements are hyper·bole & not meant to be taken literally then how can they be used to make a point? david b did enough in my opinion to earn a fight with canelo, you could also argue from david m or william sculls teams that they also did everything to earn their shots as well. both were mandatories before david b. the blame needs to be on the wbc for not making david b mandatory but he would still be behind david m & william scull in the mandatory process. canelo could have chose to fight david b, i agree with you there. maybe he just didn't want to give david b the payday

Yep, believe me... I blame the WBC a lot. I believe the WBC has coddled and protected Canelo from early in his career. So I can't pin all the blame on him. He's only too happy to be the recipient, though.

Canelo would've earned some (grudging) respect from me had he just woken up one day and said: "F*ck it. I'm gonna fight this Benavidez character and get all these haters, especially TitoFan, off my back."

Thread Information