Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
68 days out. There are greasy politicians who are taking notes on this roll out. Clutter the field early set the bar initially very low, have your lobbyist offer a little feigned hope and promise, let people bait and wait to the point where anything remotely not named Charlo is a 'respectable' step up. Also helps to get the fuss and reactions mostly out of the way pre announce rather than at in the moment . Man has a future in elected office after his pre retire retirement.
the timmy v keith fight also seems strangely under promoted. only about five weeks away, no all access type show or anything yet
The irony is they pretty much brought Thurman in as the face and a franchise hype man. The initial Keith at the broken scratched podium announcement they did on youtube was on the level of a bad SNL skit. The man was trying to sell me a used car on a Sunday and not believable in selling me a "major" fight. They did nothing risky or broader by running Tszyu as the main and they phoned it in this premier. Especially after the Tszyu build on Showtime before it caved, the man doesn't need recycled Thurman. It feels like a growing trend to rely on social media but even the apps don't grow bigger than the app itself. Actual platform promotions are funneled more at a smaller already established audience. There are 1000-1 more memes about this match than there are professional wider media adverts. I blame Thurman's hairline for the most part . Boxing has drifted into more of short attention span theater with promotions at the cost of growing fans.