Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

Might sound objectional but they need to call this fight off. It's beyond the point of trolling, joking and "selling". Can't reward all this nonsense.

And how is it that no one close to him or promotion (?) are not in his ear and trying to get in front of this lunacy? Haney dropped the name of Arnold Barboza and that was very tactful. Planting a seed to possibly save an event and tbh Ryan should be pulled.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he was talking to andrew tate earlier, that's another big boost for the promotion. i don't see anyone stepping in unless the commission interjects at some point. we're already three pages in on this thread & the fight is still over a month away. everyone involved is hoping ryan can hold it together. if the man says he's okay then it's on him
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    he was talking to andrew tate earlier, that's another big boost for the promotion. i don't see anyone stepping in unless the commission interjects at some point. we're already three pages in on this thread & the fight is still over a month away. everyone involved is hoping ryan can hold it together. if the man says he's okay then it's on him
    Three pages in and we’ve hardly talked about the fight. That’s the harsh reality . I’m at the stage where I don’t even think the fight should go ahead. The guy has clear Mental issues.
    We’re a month away from the fight , he should be in an intense training camp , not talking to Andrew fucking Tate.
    When people are more concerned about the next social media post than a guy’s mental health, then Boxing (and society) is completely fucked!
    And if anybody thinks “it’s just marketing” , then he’s even more fucked in the head.
    It’s not as if it’s a fight he can take lightly, he’s a massive underdog already in my book, but hey , how stupid am I actually talking about the fight and how it pans out!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OMG not that Andre Tate!

I thought it was some boxing guru trainer coach that I had not heard of but who would improve Garcia and ensure he wins the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I'm undergoing a transformation on how I view García. At first I was obviously annoyed at how someone like García could fool even some supposed hardcore boxing fans into thinking he was the real deal, and how he could somehow take shortcuts and skip to the front of the line. I thoroughly disliked everything he did and everything he stood for.

Now, as I read the tabloid-like headlines... (and there's plenty of them)... I actually feel sorry for the kid. He's got psycho ward written all over him. Forget about boxing. This guy needs professional help, and pronto.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I guess I'm undergoing a transformation on how I view García. At first I was obviously annoyed at how someone like García could fool even some supposed hardcore boxing fans into thinking he was the real deal, and how he could somehow take shortcuts and skip to the front of the line. I thoroughly disliked everything he did and everything he stood for.

Now, as I read the tabloid-like headlines... (and there's plenty of them)... I actually feel sorry for the kid. He's got psycho ward written all over him. Forget about boxing. This guy needs professional help, and pronto.
    Frankly boxing and so many raving about great sale tactics has in its own way become the key enablers. It's become living breathing Click-bait. Because mental illness and substance abuse has its financial benefits too I guess . It's dreadful.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia a big attraction or not, this one may very well tank. A look at the announced undercard leaves tons to be desired. Arnold Barboza Jr vs Sean McComb, Bektemir Melikuziev vs Pierre Dibombe, ‘Scrappy’ Ramirez vs David Jimenez and Charles Conwell vs Nathaniel Gallimore. $80 . Looks like we'll be cleaning the garage and trying to find a ballgame that night. Like the activity of Barboza though.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have tried watching the promotional videos for this but they both seem childish. Can't get into this contest but hope Haney wins.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have tried watching the promotional videos for this but they both seem childish. Can't get into this contest but hope Haney wins.
    Maybe they heard us, price has been reduced to $65 . I'm a little impressed with Haney trying to keep his head above the fray and dare we say he has matured 'some'. Ryan has entered tinfoil hat-land and on track to give A Jones a run for his money once his career is over, officially. The kid is coming off like he has multiple personalities.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Maybe they heard us, price has been reduced to $65 . I'm a little impressed with Haney trying to keep his head above the fray and dare we say he has matured 'some'. Ryan has entered tinfoil hat-land and on track to give A Jones a run for his money once his career is over, officially. The kid is coming off like he has multiple personalities.

He (Garcia) seems bent on becoming tabloid fodder. Not a good look for any athlete, including professional boxers. No way this guy's built for the grind of a professional boxing career.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last edited by TIC; 04-16-2024 at 09:56 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

actually laughing out loud

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    actually laughing out loud
    That was a shit show today. It's strictly an unhinged social media 'promotion' now and they even managed to get the MLB opening pitch co promotion pulled back after their screaming toddler display today. You have to "hype" a fight beyond fans who are already on board for it and cheapening it to yelling death threats, your mom zingers and homophobic taunts should be left to kids at recess. Just playing to low hanging fruit this one.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve been saying for ages, this fight shouldn’t happen, and I don’t think it will!
    All that BS yesterday, Garcia looked heavy, bloated, pissed or under the influence of substances and a million miles from being “fight ready”.
    The guy is mentally fucked up and he could get seriously hurt.
    If the fight goes ahead, it’s a mismatch.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Haney has either the power or the style to "seriously hurt" Garcia... only to thoroughly embarrass him, which I totally hope he does if the fight goes ahead.

No need to pile on to my years-long utter dislike (or arguments) against Ryan. It's all been said many times before.

I do hope that if Haney DOES embarrass the crap out of Garcia... that Garcia will slink away from boxing... gets the professional help he needs... and begin making his living on social media with his hordes of adoring fans.

Maybe he can keep his crown and keep calling himself (cough) KingRy. I'm sure his teenybopper fans will be most appreciative.

Thread Information