Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

trust me i agree it's cringe af. i'd much rather see fighters act like luis alberto lopez & reiya abe did after their way in, shaking hands & respecting each other but look at the interest that thread has. devin & ryan will be a big money maker, the casuals are eating this shit up, it was trending big time yesterday & all over the time lines. you could be right about ryan, he posted a screenshot the other day of him smoking a joint, then says he drinks & smokes weed at the presser. any testing going on here? i'm sure i saw a vada post welcoming both fighters not long ago. ryan's got that meth voice going on as well & he's out here releasing music tracks & getting engaged. he needs to knuckle down. derrick james must be wondering what he's got himself into
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I don’t get, and I obviously don’t understand the BS of today, but you got a guy who quit against Tank, trying to get some sort of traction or a rise , by “leaking” a video of his opponent sparring against Tank when he was a kid and not quitting??
    I watched the vid (yes I’m buying into this bollocks like every other mug and I’m mad as fuck with myself about it!)
    And in my Opinion , Haney can’t get anything but credit really. I repeat , I believe Haney was 17 or 18 and Tank was a World Champion! If anything, the only one looking bad was maybe Tank looking like a bit of a bully!
    And if you watch the video, it wasn’t a beat down and it was quite an intimidating atmosphere for a kid, and he coped well.
    Haney will outclass Garcia , and Garcia will slowly but surely spiral downwards into an oblivion of substance abuse and alcohol , ad as is already proven , the people around him will run for the hills.
    Then when something disastrous happens, everyone will say “oh that’s sad, my heart goes out to him!”
    Society creates monsters then has great pleasure in bringing them crashing down. Fucking sick really.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    say what you want about king ry but he is promoting the hell out of this fight. it will sell like it or not. ryan's dad has replaced danny garcia's dad as the foul mouthed father in boxing. king ry is the businessman & devin is the professional boxer. they both win on fight night but only one moves forward with a future career in the sport after
    P.T Barnum said it best and it pertains to boxing...There's no such thing as bad publicity. And he also said You can fool most of the people most of the time. I dunno, this one in particular came off very infantile and I really wonder if ol Ryan is dabbling in nose candy or other major issues. His behavior is part salesman and part erratic desperation. I've seen many promotions and theater accompanying them but I did not come away from the two whining and winging back and forth for 24-48 hrs and that specific presser saying "Man, I cannot wait to see this fight". The opposite actually.
    One of my least favorite things about modern boxing is the faceoff, where they stand nose to nose and talk shit and point fingers and wave their arms like women. You are already going to fight, conduct yourself with some dignity and handle business and shut up. Do your talking in the ring.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm saying that you like to point out when canelo takes an easy fight, even though it may be between tough fights but don't do the same when devin takes an easy one

I don't "like" pointing out when Canelo takes an easy fight. I actually LOVE pointing it out. (LOL)

As for Haney, I consider this upcoming schooling a public service to us hardcore boxing fans who loathe Instagram princesses. So I'm willing to overlook the "easy fight" part of it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    i'm saying that you like to point out when canelo takes an easy fight, even though it may be between tough fights but don't do the same when devin takes an easy one

I actually LOVE pointing it out.
    you do love to be inconsistent
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    say what you want about king ry but he is promoting the hell out of this fight. it will sell like it or not. ryan's dad has replaced danny garcia's dad as the foul mouthed father in boxing. king ry is the businessman & devin is the professional boxer. they both win on fight night but only one moves forward with a future career in the sport after
    P.T Barnum said it best and it pertains to boxing...There's no such thing as bad publicity. And he also said You can fool most of the people most of the time. I dunno, this one in particular came off very infantile and I really wonder if ol Ryan is dabbling in nose candy or other major issues. His behavior is part salesman and part erratic desperation. I've seen many promotions and theater accompanying them but I did not come away from the two whining and winging back and forth for 24-48 hrs and that specific presser saying "Man, I cannot wait to see this fight". The opposite actually.
    One of my least favorite things about modern boxing is the faceoff, where they stand nose to nose and talk shit and point fingers and wave their arms like women. You are already going to fight, conduct yourself with some dignity and handle business and shut up. Do your talking in the ring.
    don't forget the dangerous shoving & punching/ slapping. assault charges should be made for these instances, that'll stop the nonsense quick smart

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spot on and it's gotten progressively worse. Of course theatrics and selling the sale are nothing new but the whole face off on stage is almost designed to encourage something popping off. Even Holmes "slapped" Ali and then how many years did we have with Mayorga showing up with an open botte, cig hanging from his lip and slapping Mosley's girlfriend on the ass . How much is "staged" who knows but today and what Ryan was doing is dumbed down to instant click bait in real time. "Omg he brought a real throne to sit in " Tbh it's like playing to a lowest common denominator. Shut up and fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't forget the dangerous shoving & punching/ slapping. assault charges should be made for these instances, that'll stop the nonsense quick smart
    Bust a knuckle, cause a cut with the BS and all concerned are out millions yeh. Raking my brain now because we all know that had to happen before but can't place it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bust a knuckle, cause a cut with the BS and all concerned are out millions yeh. Raking my brain now because we all know that had to happen before but can't place it.
    i can't remember it in boxing but it's happened in mma, i remember reading that one mma guy got serious injuries from an unexpected shove

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I pointed out the difference between the two in post 13. Not in the habit of repeating myself.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I pointed out the difference between the two in post 13. Not in the habit of repeating myself.
    there is no difference, you are inconsistent in calling out other fighters when they take an easy fight

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think king ry has lost his mind or he's a marketing genius

https://twitter.com/RyanGarcia/statu...42801490116756
    Last edited by TIC; 03-03-2024 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think king ry has lost his mind or he's a marketing genius

https://twitter.com/RyanGarcia/statu...42801490116756
    This won’t end in a good way.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there is no difference, you are inconsistent in calling out other fighters when they take an easy fight

I plainly stated the difference. I can't be expected to repeat myself, or further explain it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can't remember it in boxing but it's happened in mma, i remember reading that one mma guy got serious injuries from an unexpected shove
    Didn't something happen with Tyson v Lewis blow up?! Or venue change or something.

Really does feel like Ryan is spiraling down. Literally incomprehensible what he's putting out right now. It's at the point that if this is a 'sell' job (which it's not lol) you just can't respect it. How are no management figures or others saying shit? Irony is the majority of fighters at lesser levels don't have the main stage to publicly burn themselves and huge events down on. Bit of a mockery to the seriousness of fight-to-fight dark times in this sport.

Thread Information