428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Missed everything last night but did manage to get half the garage paneled and pork butt smoked . So degenerative infancy conquers all it turns out. Without seeing the specs it sounds like power won over Haney who was throwing nerf balls and showed a pretty brittle beard. Haney kept getting up, Ryan kept putting him down and did not finish him but just as good with the beat up. The blown weight and glaring unprofessionalism are swept under the rug as if it never existed. And guys intentionally blowing weight as to not "drain" down for added advantage thus forfeiting titles is not a Ryan camp creation they're just another extension. The prefight BS and celebrated childishness remains what it was in my honest opinion and we're likely to see more of it. Yeah boxing . No idea where they go but it seems both might want to consider moving up. Again didn't see Haney in full fight or real time but sounds like he was pretty frail after the connects.

Haney looks far too small for 140 never mind 147. When you see it you'll be shocked how small he looks. Any 140 pounder anywhere near the top of the rankings who is a monstor for his weight will be thinking I can't outbox him but I could walk right through him.

What precise part of the pig did you smoke and in what fashion?
    He looked scary gaunt going into Loma I recall but calculated as Loma wasn't pitching bricks either. Still thought Loma edged that one but him going up was supposed to resolve his weight issue. Just can't see it getting better for him at 147 by any means. Seen some highlights this morning and off the first KD you could see that look...the wide eyed unfocused oh shit it's going to be a long night because I can't take that shot look. Yeh just basic butt/shoulder slow smoked, cajun rub, dijon, cinnamon and a pile of light toasted brioche rolls. Sauteed onion and slaw for the capper . Meat prices have finally dropped locally!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missed everything last night but did manage to get half the garage paneled and pork butt smoked . So degenerative infancy conquers all it turns out. Without seeing the specs it sounds like power won over Haney who was throwing nerf balls and showed a pretty brittle beard. Haney kept getting up, Ryan kept putting him down and did not finish him but just as good with the beat up. The blown weight and glaring unprofessionalism are swept under the rug as if it never existed. And guys intentionally blowing weight as to not "drain" down for added advantage thus forfeiting titles is not a Ryan camp creation they're just another extension. The prefight BS and celebrated childishness remains what it was in my honest opinion and we're likely to see more of it. Yeah boxing . No idea where they go but it seems both might want to consider moving up. Again didn't see Haney in full fight or real time but sounds like he was pretty frail after the connects.

Haney looks far too small for 140 never mind 147. When you see it you'll be shocked how small he looks. Any 140 pounder anywhere near the top of the rankings who is a monstor for his weight will be thinking I can't outbox him but I could walk right through him.

He looked scary gaunt going into Loma I recall but calculated as Loma wasn't pitching bricks either. Still thought Loma edged that one but him going up was supposed to resolve his weight issue. Just can't see it getting better for him at 147 by any means. Seen some highlights this morning and off the first KD you could see that look...the wide eyed unfocused oh shit it's going to be a long night because I can't take that shot look. Yeh just basic butt/shoulder slow smoked, cajun rub, dijon, cinnamon and a pile of light toasted brioche rolls. Sauteed onion and slaw for the capper . Meat prices have finally dropped locally!
    You should see his face after the last knockdown when he's sitting on his arse. Shame, embarrasment and seeing his ATGreatness flashing before his eyes as it disappears over the horizon and leaves a scared unhappy looking boy sitting on the canvas. His soul and his confidence gone for good. Very rare you get the hero to zero thing manifest itself so comprehensively in just a few short rounds. A truly dramatic fight. Garcia may turn out to really be a degenerate infant but the fucker can fight and his style is box office. Him and Davis make a good pair.

You should try doing this:

You can make chicken like this:

Cover that chicken with lemon juice and it tastes spectacular. That would go down a storm in your neck of the woods, everybody will want to try the spicy red chicken. That's a chain of restaurants and/or food trucks just sitting there waiting to be had.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should see his face after the last knockdown when he's sitting on his arse. Shame, embarrasment and seeing his ATGreatness flashing before his eyes as it disappears over the horizon and leaves a scared unhappy looking boy sitting on the canvas. His soul and his confidence gone for good. Very rare you get the hero to zero thing manifest itself so comprehensively in just a few short rounds. A truly dramatic fight. Garcia may turn out to really be a degenerate infant but the fucker can fight and his style is box office. Him and Davis make a good pair.

You should try doing this:

You can make chicken like this:

Cover that chicken with lemon juice and it tastes spectacular. That would go down a storm in your neck of the woods, everybody will want to try the spicy red chicken. That's a chain of restaurants and/or food trucks just sitting there waiting to be had.
    Ffs that's a lot of work talking electric drills, may as well break ground for the new garden project I've been putting off . Does look like nice results though and sound diy plan. We attempted a quickie stone brick over some time ago with mixed results, the sealing being the major factor. Surely has to beat an air fryer which seems to be the new crutch for some meats. Ryan will def venture 147 and should now. They may want to full around with more CW half steps and can't see Davis over 140 but you never know. 147 is opening up now with Crawford and Spence exited, likely Boots Ennis as well, so he should jump right in.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

This.

Garcia wrecked a pound for pound unbeaten fighter. Took his soul. He must have some reasonable level of boxing talent no?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This.

Garcia wrecked a pound for pound unbeaten fighter. Took his soul. He must have some reasonable level of boxing talent no?

"Reasonable level of boxing talent" is a fairly low bar to reach, so... sure.

But when I read "degenerative infancy" (good one ), "glaring unprofessionalism" (nail on head), and "celebrated childishness" (ouch)... I'm only sorry I didn't think of those spot-on descriptions first.

Yes. PrincessRy wrecked Haney. Which just goes to show me that the other 140-pound champions (Matias, Teo, Pitbull) would surely have ripped Haney a new one.

A now-exposed chin, and a now-suspect ranking heading into the fight. Sadly, Haney was overrated. It happens.

Yes. The kid (Garcia) is talented.

But spare us the teenage girl shenanigans, the nose-thumbing at basic weight rules, and the leapfrogging of more deserving fighters to fame and fortune.

He's good. But I'll be firmly rooting against him in every fight he fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I apologize to Ryan Garcia. I was wrong

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That ended up being an entertaining contest but too scrappy and too much holding to be rated a classic.

Garcia left hook had immediate affect in the first round when it landed on Haney, whose eye’s went into orbit from the impact.

The power in Garcia left hook was the main difference as he knocked down poor Haney 3 times.
    Devin was outboxing Ryan when he was not getting rocked and was ahead in the first half of the bout. Haney was slower and was less resistant against Garcia. Ryan fought in erratic bursts which confused Haney so much that he forgot about the dangerous left hook.

Those knockdowns will have an impact on Haney, and I hope he comes back but both fighters were huge at the weight which is normal for boxers nowadays.

I do not like Garcia, he missed the weight, acted like a brat and I hate his shoulder roll. It is poor and I blame Floyd for influencing boxers thinking they can use it. Garcia poor but highly rated trainer can not control Ryan, he is a law to himself and will implode.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judge Robin Taylor on the right seemed a bit too pro Ryan Garcia.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This.

"Reasonable level of boxing talent" is a fairly low bar to reach, so... sure.

But when I read "degenerative infancy" (good one ), "glaring unprofessionalism" (nail on head), and "celebrated childishness" (ouch)... I'm only sorry I didn't think of those spot-on descriptions first.

Yes. PrincessRy wrecked Haney. Which just goes to show me that the other 140-pound champions (Matias, Teo, Pitbull) would surely have ripped Haney a new one.

A now-exposed chin, and a now-suspect ranking heading into the fight. Sadly, Haney was overrated. It happens.

Yes. The kid (Garcia) is talented.

But spare us the teenage girl shenanigans, the nose-thumbing at basic weight rules, and the leapfrogging of more deserving fighters to fame and fortune.

He's good. But I'll be firmly rooting against him in every fight he fights.
    What leapfrogging? You can't complain that most top fighters would rather avoid each other, which is true, and then complain when one of them actually takes big fights. He's a top talent and very promotable. Promoters are going to be queuing to promote him and willing to put up the dollars required to get big fights. And he takes the fights. He fought Davis who a lot of top fighters are avoiding. And he's the best name on Davis's record, that fucker is still fighting second tier opposition thirty fights into his career. It's a shame Davis isn't doing a bit of leapfrogging isn't it. Then he fought Haney who is an unbeaten pound for pound guy. So he isn't being protected and he's taking the big fights when they can be made. We would all love it if all the top boxers did this.

If there's any fighter out there who could go the social media freak show route and pick up huge purses fighting guys he has no chance of losing against it's Garcia but he's taking the big fights so deserves some credit for that.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A gross miscalculation by Haneys mob. No one has ever won a fight wearing Ugg boots.

Do Ryan and Danny have the same Daddy? Or did they get them both from the same we're 50 but think we're 20 Guido factory?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That ended up being an entertaining contest but too scrappy and too much holding to be rated a classic. Garcia left hook had immediate affect in the first round when it landed on Haney, whose eye’s went into orbit from the impact. The power in Garcia left hook was the main difference as he knocked down poor Haney 3 times. Devin was outboxing Ryan when he was not getting rocked and was ahead in the first half of the bout. Haney was slower and was less resistant against Garcia. Ryan fought in erratic bursts which confused Haney so much that he forgot about the dangerous left hook. Those knockdowns will have an impact on Haney, and I hope he comes back but both fighters were huge at the weight which is normal for boxers nowadays. I do not like Garcia, he missed the weight, acted like a brat and I hate his shoulder roll. It is poor and I blame Floyd for influencing boxers thinking they can use it. Garcia poor but highly rated trainer can not control Ryan, he is a law to himself and will implode.
    His shoulder roll is shocking. He has no idea what he's doing or why he should be doing it. I forgot to mention that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Judge Robin Taylor on the right seemed a bit too pro Ryan Garcia.
    Haney was the house fighter, the left side of the poster. If Garcia hadn't knocked him down three times they would have given it to Haney. The ref didn't count at least one legitimate knockdown and took a point away from Garcia when he should have just warned him. He gave Haney extra time to recover from knockdowns, didn't take a point for the endless holding and various other little moves that all helped Haney.

In the end they had to give it to Garcia though. There would have been a riot if they'd given it to Haney.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The moment his soul left his body.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)