Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vergil Ortiz Jr

Anyone planning on catching his um much anticipated fight tonight with war torn career welterweight Thomas Dulorme? Whole thing is puzzling as they have pretty much announced a 'big' on August 3rd vs Tim Tszyu at 154. However, once again Ortiz is fighting tonight at the good ol catchweight weighing in at 156 but tbh I don't think a weight was even stipulated when this fight was made. It feels like a show up at what you two are comfortable at and just touch gloves.

Maybe I'm off but it just seems that a push to make the weight limit for the first time would be more ideal tonight than to wait for the Tszyu fight to do it. Dulorme is 35 years old, has never fought above 147 (154.6 tonight), has been inactive for 2 years and was last seen being torched koby1 vs Boots Ennis in 2021. Now of course we know Ortiz has been dealing with the seriousness of rhabdomyolysis which spurned his division jump to begin with but I'm beginning to wonder if even Jr middleweight will be enough. He should handle business rather easily tonight given all the factors with Dulorme but we've seen stranger things happen.

Card is on Dazn so will likely miss it. Jose Carlos Ramirez vs Rances Barthelemy in the main event.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vergil Ortiz Jr

ryan garcia victim oscar duarte bounced back by becoming the first to stop jo jo diaz. i'd like to see oscar duarte v arnold barboza next. the vergil fight went as expected. all over in the first round via a bodyshot. bring on vergil v timmy. in the fifth round of jose carlos ramirez v rances barthelemy. jc is winning most rounds but isn't lloking good. he was dropped in the third but the rances unloaded a barrgaes of punches while jc was down. ref didn't rule a knockdown or take a point
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jc is a sucker for that straight left
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've only given the third to rances after nine rounds

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jc should win wide but he needs to work on defending against the left

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jc wins by ten points on two judges cars & by eight points on the third

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    jc wins by ten points on two judges cars & by eight points on the third
    Missed it unfortunately but by highlights looks like Rances had him shook in a few spots and Ramirez may have benefited from a generous ref once. Have to wonder if they want a highlight reel return for Ryan maybe Ramirez will be the perfect fit.

Ortiz icing Dulorme was picture perfect. Nice little left tucked right under his elbow and Dulorme was wrapped. Massive fight on deck v Tszyu now. But still wonder about zero adversity since his return and less than two rounds.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a brutal left hook to the body in the first round by Vergil Ortiz to win the fight. Setting up a big fight against Tim Tszyu seems very optimistic.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That was a brutal left hook to the body in the first round by Vergil Ortiz to win the fight. Setting up a big fight against Tim Tszyu seems very optimistic.
    I haven’t caught up with this fight yet. But from what I’ve seen of Ortiz in the past, I don’t think it’s optimistic at all. I think it’s pretty ambitious and props to him for that. Could be a good fight.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jose Carlos Ramirez v Rances Barthelemy was a better fight than last weeks Garcia v Haney but will not get the credit it deserved.

Ramirez is a sucker for the southpaw straight left hand and Josh Taylor knocked him down with it in his only loss. Barthelemy kept on throwing that in the first half of the fight and should have got a knockdown recorded but the ref missed it.

Ramirez work rate and pressure eventually got him through the contest as Barthelemy tired in the latter rounds giving rounds away sitting on the ropes.

Ramirez face was swollen up and he looked despondent even though he won. It will be interesting to see what he does next.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I haven’t caught up with this fight yet. But from what I’ve seen of Ortiz in the past, I don’t think it’s optimistic at all. I think it’s pretty ambitious and props to him for that. Could be a good fight.
    i think it'll be a war. we don't really know how good either guy is yet

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

vergil opened up as a slight favourite over timmy on the odds. vergil -140 ($1.71), timmy +110 (2.10)

Thread Information