Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Usyk to be stripped

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    5,669
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    282
    Cool Clicks

    Default Usyk to be stripped

    Usyk is on the verge of being stripped of his IBF belt due to an overdue mandatory defence obligation.

    Filip Hrgovic, who has held the mandated challenger status since defeating Zhilei Zhang 18 months ago, is expected to contend for the belt in a showdown

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,075
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3036
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    This is to be expected, when Lennox unified the titles were split and given to lesser boxers.

    Filip Hrgovic v Daniel Dubois will be for a title now.

    AJ may pick up one.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    5,669
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    282
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    The rabbit could not even finish off old man stumbling drunk Tyson Fury after only 60 seconds of a pause between the 9th and 10th round. If Tyson Fury was so destroyed in the 9th round why couldn't the rabbit finish him off when the bell rang for the 10th round? Surely if he is the pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world laugh my ass off the Ring magazine is a joke then surely he could have easily finished Tyson Fury in the first minute or so of the 10th round, no? Imagine if Mike Tyson had his man hurt like this or if Roy Jones or Lennox Lewis had their man hurt like that so badly at the end of the round that the Bell saves him, and then 60 seconds later those all-time greats did not go out and finish the job right away. Imagine that mediocre finishing power. The rabbit is definitely not a good finisher. When he has his men dead on the ropes he doesn't know how to finish the job when the bell rings. In fact he's so poor at that that Tyson actually won the 12th round. He is definitely overrated that rabbit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    46,020
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5052
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Unfortunately it was pretty much advertised in the lead up and Hrgovic has already said he won't do step aside. Shame really as if ever an exception should be made it's when Usyk and Fury have already agreed to the Oct rematch as contracted. More and more I'm wondering how meaningful "undisputed" really is. Sweeping all the belts up for initial unification is great, but lately some guys just seem to sit on it or leave division next. Ironic that one holds all the straps, yet all the bodies have different protocols and enforcements. Belts or no belts, fans know who is #1 at heavy right now and the stakes in rematch.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,831
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    i have a sneaky feeling turki is planning something to either merge the sanctioning bodies or create his own in the coming years. he is working closely with the wbc & wba. he also has most of the top promoters working together. i wonder if he planned an undisputed belt for artur v dmitry? the ibf president darryl peoples said recently that oleksandr could apply for an exception, not sure it'll be granted
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    46,020
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5052
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i have a sneaky feeling turki is planning something to either merge the sanctioning bodies or create his own in the coming years. he is working closely with the wbc & wba. he also has most of the top promoters working together. i wonder if he planned an undisputed belt for artur v dmitry? the ibf president darryl peoples said recently that oleksandr could apply for an exception, not sure it'll be granted
    Off the top I don't like the growing influence and thumb on the scale of ol Turki. The bodies are just following the mega money with a wink n nod as are selected fighters and the well and interest will not sustain forever. He's already taking shots at the ibf for enforcing its mandatory for Canelo because it doesn't suit his desired wants and "dreams" for Bud vs Canelo. A fight that Canelo has already dismissed?! Sounds like he's readying for a push into the UFC too. Boxing better get ready to be the red headed stepchild once again. He's like a rich naive kid let loose in a toy store.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8,085
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i have a sneaky feeling turki is planning something to either merge the sanctioning bodies or create his own in the coming years. he is working closely with the wbc & wba. he also has most of the top promoters working together. i wonder if he planned an undisputed belt for artur v dmitry? the ibf president darryl peoples said recently that oleksandr could apply for an exception, not sure it'll be granted
    If Turki managed to merge the governing bodies and streamline it all, that would be the most significant think he will have achieved.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8,085
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The rabbit could not even finish off old man stumbling drunk Tyson Fury after only 60 seconds of a pause between the 9th and 10th round. If Tyson Fury was so destroyed in the 9th round why couldn't the rabbit finish him off when the bell rang for the 10th round? Surely if he is the pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world laugh my ass off the Ring magazine is a joke then surely he could have easily finished Tyson Fury in the first minute or so of the 10th round, no? Imagine if Mike Tyson had his man hurt like this or if Roy Jones or Lennox Lewis had their man hurt like that so badly at the end of the round that the Bell saves him, and then 60 seconds later those all-time greats did not go out and finish the job right away. Imagine that mediocre finishing power. The rabbit is definitely not a good finisher. When he has his men dead on the ropes he doesn't know how to finish the job when the bell rings. In fact he's so poor at that that Tyson actually won the 12th round. He is definitely overrated that rabbit.
    cry me a river!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,831
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i have a sneaky feeling turki is planning something to either merge the sanctioning bodies or create his own in the coming years. he is working closely with the wbc & wba. he also has most of the top promoters working together. i wonder if he planned an undisputed belt for artur v dmitry? the ibf president darryl peoples said recently that oleksandr could apply for an exception, not sure it'll be granted
    Off the top I don't like the growing influence and thumb on the scale of ol Turki. The bodies are just following the mega money with a wink n nod as are selected fighters and the well and interest will not sustain forever. He's already taking shots at the ibf for enforcing its mandatory for Canelo because it doesn't suit his desired wants and "dreams" for Bud vs Canelo. A fight that Canelo has already dismissed?! Sounds like he's readying for a push into the UFC too. Boxing better get ready to be the red headed stepchild once again. He's like a rich naive kid let loose in a toy store.
    i agree the saudi's interest, as it is with other sports they are involved with is just public relations to better their image
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,831
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The rabbit could not even finish off old man stumbling drunk Tyson Fury after only 60 seconds of a pause between the 9th and 10th round. If Tyson Fury was so destroyed in the 9th round why couldn't the rabbit finish him off when the bell rang for the 10th round? Surely if he is the pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world laugh my ass off the Ring magazine is a joke then surely he could have easily finished Tyson Fury in the first minute or so of the 10th round, no? Imagine if Mike Tyson had his man hurt like this or if Roy Jones or Lennox Lewis had their man hurt like that so badly at the end of the round that the Bell saves him, and then 60 seconds later those all-time greats did not go out and finish the job right away. Imagine that mediocre finishing power. The rabbit is definitely not a good finisher. When he has his men dead on the ropes he doesn't know how to finish the job when the bell rings. In fact he's so poor at that that Tyson actually won the 12th round. He is definitely overrated that rabbit.
    cry me a river!
    since when has pound for pound been about finishing your opponent?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    5,669
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    282
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The rabbit could not even finish off old man stumbling drunk Tyson Fury after only 60 seconds of a pause between the 9th and 10th round. If Tyson Fury was so destroyed in the 9th round why couldn't the rabbit finish him off when the bell rang for the 10th round? Surely if he is the pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world laugh my ass off the Ring magazine is a joke then surely he could have easily finished Tyson Fury in the first minute or so of the 10th round, no? Imagine if Mike Tyson had his man hurt like this or if Roy Jones or Lennox Lewis had their man hurt like that so badly at the end of the round that the Bell saves him, and then 60 seconds later those all-time greats did not go out and finish the job right away. Imagine that mediocre finishing power. The rabbit is definitely not a good finisher. When he has his men dead on the ropes he doesn't know how to finish the job when the bell rings. In fact he's so poor at that that Tyson actually won the 12th round. He is definitely overrated that rabbit.
    cry me a river!
    since when has pound for pound been about finishing your opponent?
    Since you personally made it about that by saying he would get knocked out by a middleweight with an earring

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,831
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The rabbit could not even finish off old man stumbling drunk Tyson Fury after only 60 seconds of a pause between the 9th and 10th round. If Tyson Fury was so destroyed in the 9th round why couldn't the rabbit finish him off when the bell rang for the 10th round? Surely if he is the pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world laugh my ass off the Ring magazine is a joke then surely he could have easily finished Tyson Fury in the first minute or so of the 10th round, no? Imagine if Mike Tyson had his man hurt like this or if Roy Jones or Lennox Lewis had their man hurt like that so badly at the end of the round that the Bell saves him, and then 60 seconds later those all-time greats did not go out and finish the job right away. Imagine that mediocre finishing power. The rabbit is definitely not a good finisher. When he has his men dead on the ropes he doesn't know how to finish the job when the bell rings. In fact he's so poor at that that Tyson actually won the 12th round. He is definitely overrated that rabbit.
    cry me a river!
    since when has pound for pound been about finishing your opponent?
    Since you personally made it about that by saying he would get knocked out by a middleweight with an earring
    the ref saved tyson who was stumbling all over the ring unable to defend himself. still doesn't explain why you think pound for pound is about finishing your opponent
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    5,669
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    282
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The rabbit could not even finish off old man stumbling drunk Tyson Fury after only 60 seconds of a pause between the 9th and 10th round. If Tyson Fury was so destroyed in the 9th round why couldn't the rabbit finish him off when the bell rang for the 10th round? Surely if he is the pound-for-pound greatest fighter in the world laugh my ass off the Ring magazine is a joke then surely he could have easily finished Tyson Fury in the first minute or so of the 10th round, no? Imagine if Mike Tyson had his man hurt like this or if Roy Jones or Lennox Lewis had their man hurt like that so badly at the end of the round that the Bell saves him, and then 60 seconds later those all-time greats did not go out and finish the job right away. Imagine that mediocre finishing power. The rabbit is definitely not a good finisher. When he has his men dead on the ropes he doesn't know how to finish the job when the bell rings. In fact he's so poor at that that Tyson actually won the 12th round. He is definitely overrated that rabbit.
    cry me a river!
    since when has pound for pound been about finishing your opponent?
    Since you personally made it about that by saying he would get knocked out by a middleweight with an earring
    the ref saved tyson who was stumbling all over the ring unable to defend himself. still doesn't explain why you think pound for pound is about finishing your opponent
    Oh so now it's stumbling all over. Before that you mentioned an earring though. Which one is it? Stumbling all over or an earring? You're making less sense by the day

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9,831
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    yes tyson was stumbling all over the place, go watch the fight for yourself. tyson was saying before the fight that no man that wears an earring could beat him. you need to stay tapped in casual
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    5,669
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    282
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Usyk to be stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    yes tyson was stumbling all over the place, go watch the fight for yourself. tyson was saying before the fight that no man that wears an earring could beat him. you need to stay tapped in casual
    Quack quack

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Should Fury be stripped?
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2021, 12:31 AM
  2. Frampton stripped
    By ono in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 10:04 AM
  3. Have The WBA Just stripped Fury too? Look at this!!
    By rjj tszyu in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-27-2016, 07:00 AM
  4. Cotto stripped
    By Spicoli in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-21-2015, 09:31 PM
  5. Casamayor stripped by WBC!
    By smashup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 07:56 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Saddo Boxing - Boxing