Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Zab vs Floyd Talk - Put it to rest???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Zab vs Floyd Talk - Put it to rest???

I love a good debate... but I think both sides have made their points, and both seem to be sticking to it. No matter what the topic title is, the debate goes in the same direction and the same points are made. New people who come to this forum at this time are going to think that we are a bunch of whiny pissheads that don't know a thing about boxing.

It is as it is. PBF has the W, Zab the L. Lets talk about it again if they rematch perhaps? Or, if someone can come up with a new take on things? Which I doubt... it's Zab fans making excuses (valid or not), PBF fans combatting those excuses, and neutrals saying that PBF won, and some siding with Zab's excuses.

All in all... we aren't getting anywhere, aren't learning anything new about boxing... just debating with a wall and perhaps justifying our dillusional perceptions. Hardly seems like we're doing what we should be doing on this board.

Just a thought... lets look at what is coming up, or what could come up instead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Zab vs Floyd Talk - Put it to rest???

the rematch will only happen if the NSAC DQs PBF, which they MAY do, but itll probably become a NC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless of what the NSAC decides I think there should be a rematch. My idea is to have PBF vs. Zab on the undercard with the main event being Yoel vs. Roger. Probably would be real entertaining. Or better yet, tag team boxing with Yoel and Zab vs. Floyd and his uncle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okay...I agree...it's become a stale topic...& no matter what anyone says...Floyd did win.

Judah fan, Floyd fan, hater or not...I just don't care to see the fight again.

I thought Judah did good through about the fif...but I think that it'd be just another bruise on boxing's brow to showcase Judah's antics again & also those of Roger's...& you know that that shat'd come up.

Floyd aint gonna (IWO) go against Judah without Roger in his corner...I could be wrong...but I don't think that he would.

There was no rematch clause in the contract...but Floyd said that if the fan's want it...he'll do it again.

I may be the one fan on the face of the planet...but I don't want it.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm also not looking forward to a rematch.
    End of the day, Floyd won.
    He has bigger fish to fry now.
    Zab, you can leave the fight with some regained integrity (minus the lowblow). You belonged in the ring on Saturday night.
    Time to go their separate ways now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The hype that Zab didn't help create might be more intense, but the fight will be the same if not more one-sided. Floyd now has Zab timed, and knows what he's about. Zab will leave the ring with his face busted up and another L on his record. The only difference is Zab will be able to pay off Don King. Zab should look for someone else to fight. A loss to Mayweather does not end him, but another loss would be three in a row, and what, 4 out his last 6. He should try to get a different fight, and work his way back into the picture after getting a couple of wins.

Even though the loss wasn't a KO, he has lost two in a row. You could see his confidence leaving the building after rnd 6. Noone is considering what his confidence is going to be like now. For Zab's sake, he should fight a tune-up, or a lesser fighter before he fights one of the big-dogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and well said YounGun. If the rematch happens it should be a year down the road. Let Zab get a couple of fights in between, get his confidense built back up and then let him have another crack at it. For the first 5 rounds Zab showed that he could be PBF's equal, but he was unable to carry it the full 12. And that is the biggest difference between the two right now, PBF's stamina is far superiour than Zab's. If Zab can increase his stamina before the next fight he very well could pull the win. We will just have to wait and see.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TESTIFY BROTHER,ENUFF OF THIS ZAB VERSUS PRETTY BOY TALK.

YEAH HOMIES.

Thread Information