Thread: Hatton fancies Mayweather job!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton fancies Mayweather job!

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    to be honest i think hatton could very well be the man to push floyd to the limits....hattons style is all wrong for PBF and eventually hatton is gonna get through, pin him to the ropes and unleash upon him....how floyd reacts to this relentless hunting and stalking after feeling a sting or 2 is anybodies guess....

zab took his foot off the pedal way too early and allowed floyd to make adjustments and thus have his own way....hatton is just gonna keep on coming and he wont stop throwing...

floyd is a great fighter, but he wont be able to evade hatton forever, if hatton doesnt cut too much (a big if) then he can take floyd to the wire and inflict punishment we've never seen floyd take before...hatton could very well win it....

PBF is no superman....
    I think the speed difference between Floyd and Hatton is what it'll mainly come down to.
    How is Ricky gonna deal with someone who doesn't stand in front of him all night like Tszyu did?
    Zab's speed was the main thing that gave Floyd problems early on Saturday.
    It wasn't Zab's relenting pressure or anything.
    Zab showed great quickness early on.
    Hatton doesn't come close to that kind of speed.

In all fairness, you could also say that Floyd's style is all wrong for Hatton as well.
    Floyd didn't look spectacular early on with Zab doing work in the early rounds.
    One could counter that by saying Hatton didn't look spectacular against Maussa early on with Maussa's movement.
    But both guys buckled down and showed why they're the best men in the ring in their fights.

This fight is gonna be the big friggin' one.
    But I truly believe with all nine of my hearts that it'll come down to Floyd's superior speed being the factor for a UD Floyd win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First the Judah nuthuggers, now the Hatton nuthuggers. Like I promised the Judah fans before the fight, I will also make a special thread for the Hatton fans when PBF cuts him up. Hatton does have a chance more than anyone right now but it won't be enough. As far as the Hatton fans (Smashup and co.) that say PBF will get ran over, I will torment you when Hatton gets whooped.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i suppose im more realistic when it comes to appraising the chances of a boxer i like. i admit the possibility of defeat if i actually think my fighter has a serious chance of losing. its the dividing line between reason and actually being a fan. i acknowledge that PBF is a fight that can very well go either way.

zab did mange to trouble PBF in the early rounds with his speed, but thereafter retreated into a defensive posture. okay, zab's speed helped him a lot but another top fighter has also given PBF problems before. i distinctly recall castillo given PBF a very difficult time in their first fight. he didnt give PBF problems because of his blinding speed either. for this reason hattons inferior speed to PBF is not the deciding factor for me. a slower fighter than him can still compete. hatton has a workrate comparable to nobody at the moment. he doesnt stop. i cannot envision PBF boxing and moving non stop for 12 rounds. it wont happen. he has faced noone he can keep up the pressure like hatton. and okay, hatton might eat a few on the way in, but it wont be enough to stop hatton. hatton is gonna work on that body, and with more frequency as the fight wears on. i dont think floyd can hurt hatton. hatton with accumulation ins gonna slow down floyd and he will have a much more level playing field come the championship rounds...

okay, on the other hand, maybe floyd will break hatton down with a perfect display of boxing, but is that realistic? perhaps not. PBF will have problems. more problems than zab could summons up. hatton will have no incentive to stop throwing. he doesnt look to survive. he looks to take his opponent to the limits.

i say hatton can win, but as a pragmatist and as a boxing man, i know it can go the other way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    i admire the confidence in Hatton, he knows the mistakes Zab made and will not do that himself.
    Good point, but Floyd will fight Hatton totally different than he did Zab. Floyd knows what mistakes Tszyu made, and won't make the same mistakes.

Both are smart fighters. But if Hatton underestimates Floyd, he will lose.
    i agree....it will be a totally different fight but let's just hope that Hatton dosen't lose heart and decides to stop fighting. Ive seen too many fighters do that before.
    And when has Gatti lost heart and stop fighting? He didn't even against ODLH... He has more heart than Hatton IMO... its just too much fighting Mayweather... you'll see.
    Well obviously, Hatton will have to find a way to get inside and rough Floyd up..
    Gatti didn't, he looked like he was outboxing him and he got bashed up from the outside all night long
    How will he get in when PBF will counter every attempt to get in he tries?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a PBF fan (I might be soon), I like his style though. It's just not a realistic scenario for Hatton to beat PBF right now.

And what's with all this "getting to PBF's body"? PBF's reflexes won't allow you to throw more than 2 or 3 body punches at a time. He will counter the life out of Hatton (or Margarito for his respective fans) if Hatton tries that uncontrolled body attack that works so well on C+ fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not counting out Hatton by any means.
    I mean if Floyd does ANY of that laying on the ropes shat like he did against guys like N'Dou, Hatton WILL punish him. Badly.

But why can't you envision Floyd boxing and moving for 12 rounds?
    I don't believe this fight will come down to a battle of stamina and attrition.
    Both guys are supremely conditioned athletes. So if either of these guys go into the fight thinking the other guy will tire will end up losing the fight on that pipe dream.

The Castillo fight is gonna haunt Floyd forever. Because he didn't look spectacular in that fight.
    But Ricky didn't look great against Maussa in the first few rounds of their fight.
    I mean there was no way Maussa was ever gonna win that fight in a million years, but Ricky was visibly a little frustrated with his movement early.
    Yeah, I'm kind of digging to find holes in Hatton's game, but I gotta counter something against that Castillo fight of four years ago.

So my question is, if Maussa can give Hatton some problems with movement, what's he gonna do against a fighter like Floyd who is LEAGUES higher in class/speed/agility/reaction than Maussa and also CAN keep up that kind of movement for 12 rounds while throwing better shots than Maussa in return?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    I'm not counting out Hatton by any means.
    I mean if Floyd does ANY of that laying on the ropes shat like he did against guys like N'Dou, Hatton WILL punish him. Badly.

But why can't you envision Floyd boxing and moving for 12 rounds?
    I don't believe this fight will come down to a battle of stamina and attrition.
    Both guys are supremely conditioned athletes. So if either of these guys go into the fight thinking the other guy will tire will end up losing the fight on that pipe dream.

The Castillo fight is gonna haunt Floyd forever. Because he didn't look spectacular in that fight.
    But Ricky didn't look great against Maussa in the first few rounds of their fight.
    I mean there was no way Maussa was ever gonna win that fight in a million years, but Ricky was visibly a little frustrated with his movement early.
    Yeah, I'm kind of digging to find holes in Hatton's game, but I gotta counter something against that Castillo fight of four years ago.

So my question is, if Maussa can give Hatton some problems with movement, what's he gonna do against a fighter like Floyd who is LEAGUES higher in class/speed/agility/reaction than Maussa and also CAN keep up that kind of movement for 12 rounds while throwing better shots than Maussa in return?
    hatton is slower than mayweather, but that doesnt make mayweather unhittable. he can be hit and will be hit. ive heard people comparing hatton and gatti, which for me is just ludicrous. hatton is a far superior boxing article to arturo gatti (as much as i love to watch gatti fight). hatton is a constant pressure fighter and its not so easy to move and pick your punches when the guy is CONSTANTLY on you...hatton is more of a pressure fighter than castillo and throws a lot more leather. there is no reason why hatton cant stalk his prey with intelligence. corner his man, cut off room for movement. it doesnt matter how fast mayweathers ands are or his legs for that matter because once he's on the ropes then he's gonna have to dig in. he cant hurt hatton, but im sure hatton can hurt him. with a constant pressure fighter like hatton, PBF is bound to make some mistakes. its not easy to think when you are being given no opportunity to do so....

mayweather is beatable, hatton just very well may have the style to get PBF once and for all. its been 4 years since castillo did a decent attempt, but i dont think he won the first fight....hatton though can potentially do a little bit better....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    shame. If Collazo beats Hatton
    he won't, im guessing you've seen Callazo fight before?
    Many times. And I think Hatton should be very careful. This guy isn't spectacular in any particular thing, but the things he does is enough to beat Hatton if Ricky isn't careful. He seems to have peaked against MAG that was a brutal beating and that image in my head I don't want to happen to Ricky Hatton where every inch of his body is red and bruised. Collazo doesn't have one punch power, but he has stinging power and Ricky is prone to cutting so I'm worried for Ricky in this fight, that plus it's the first natural welterweight he is fighting. Ricky should be in for a rough night. if he isn't I will be shocked.
    I have seen this kid fight 3 times, Hatton will pound him, this guy is very light fisted Hatton has picked an opponent who he will run through he will stop him around 7/8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is the quickest slickest fighter Hatton has faced yet?
    I admit I've only seen about a dozen or so Hatton fights where he's looked very reckless but his opponents all just kind of sit there and take it in each of them.
    I'm trying to get a better feel of how he performs against a quick fighter.
    So who's his slickest opponent to date?
    Sure he could take a shot and give it back. I'm not taking that from him.
    But how does he deal with speed and movement?
    I've seen him look spectacular against slower guys who stand there and take it.
    And I've seen him look frustrated when Maussa moved.

Whereas I've watched every Floyd fight multiple times.
    So from what I've seen, I need to put my money on Floyd.
    Unless someone could point me in a direction of a fight where Ricky is up against a quick slick fighter.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shame. If Collazo beats Hatton
    he won't, im guessing you've seen Callazo fight before?
    Many times. And I think Hatton should be very careful. This guy isn't spectacular in any particular thing, but the things he does is enough to beat Hatton if Ricky isn't careful. He seems to have peaked against MAG that was a brutal beating and that image in my head I don't want to happen to Ricky Hatton where every inch of his body is red and bruised. Collazo doesn't have one punch power, but he has stinging power and Ricky is prone to cutting so I'm worried for Ricky in this fight, that plus it's the first natural welterweight he is fighting. Ricky should be in for a rough night. if he isn't I will be shocked.

That's exactly how someone i know who's seen him fight explained it to me
    "Hattons world could come crashing down" were his exact words.
    Thinking Ricky will be so fired up for this one though,being his US debut and all that.
    I expect Hatton to Dominate him from the off and severly batter him into a heap.
    Let's not forget that this is Ricky Hatton were talking about.
    One of the fittest andmost ressuring fighters on the planet.
    It's hard to stick to any sort of tactics when someone is in your face and all over you like a rash.
    Hatton TKO round 5/6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy doesnt mind getting in a tear up in his fight with Riviera?? when he won the WBA Title, he got involved in an unneccasery war against an old man, lets see what he has got when he fights the king of all toe to toe battlers.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with this is a dangerous fight for Ricky, like any fight this is dangerous, but this fight is about on the same level as Maussa in terms of danger.

I have seen his last three fights and he has nothing extra ordinary, he is an average boxer who has no sting at all.

He is just a guy holding a belt which in truth he aint good enough to hold, he only got his crack at a world title on 2 weeks notice and if that oppurtunity had not arrived he would be no where near a title shot i think generally he is ranked around 40-50 at 147.

This guy is not as tricky as everyone is making out, i have watched his three fights twice now and he has nothing to scare Hatton with, i think people are more worried about the 147 issue but against this guy it wont be a problem mark my words.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After watching the the Judah fight I honestly don't think that Floyd could cope with Ricky Hatton... hatton could walk through just about anything Floyd can through and unlike Zab Judah won't punch away at those giant gloves if he had Floyd hurt... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    [b]Hatton fancies Mayweather job!

Hobson said: "I think sometimes we undersell ourselves as Britons."

I think what he meant was that he had a hell of a time selling himself over here in the states as a Briton.

It's a british thing mate, stiff upper lip and all that. I guess it's like you americans with your patrioticness (terrible english I know). I really don't get it.
    NAH... THATS BULL. IM AMERICAN AND I WANT TO SEE HATTON BUST HIS S*** ALL UP... WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT MAX SCHMELING AND JOE LEWIS... I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HATTON COME FORWARD, WEATHER PBF'S STORM AND LAND THE TRULY MEANINGFUL PUNCHES THRU HIS COUNTERS LIKE I SEE THE FIGHT IN MY HEAD. I DON'T THINK THERE IS A BETTER MAN FOR THE JOB.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be 100% honest, I see Hatton winning this but I'd say it;s as close as a toss of a coin. The problem for Ricky is Floyd is going to hit him alot and Ricky may cut? I sooo hope he does not. Floyd will never have faced anyone with the physicality of Ricky, Ricky will rough him good and I can gurantee 10000%,Floyd will not look pretty after the fight!! People who say it will turn out like Gatti fight reallly need to go and research Hatton!! He's not going to stand there for Floyd to hit and I can see Floyd walking through whatever he has to get to him, Julio Cesar Chavez style.
    On the other hand,Floyd could just put in a Chico performance(ie great speed combos etc) but even then, Hatton is brutal, and will just keep coming forward. The thing I am most interested in seeing is how the ref will react to Hatton's tactics and how Floyd will react when he's roughed up. I can see it now Ricky up close for the whole 12 rounds on his way to a sD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    I'll be 100% honest, I see Hatton winning this but I'd say it;s as close as a toss of a coin. The problem for Ricky is Floyd is going to hit him alot and Ricky may cut? I sooo hope he does not. Floyd will never have faced anyone with the physicality of Ricky, Ricky will rough him good and I can gurantee 10000%,Floyd will not look pretty after the fight!! People who say it will turn out like Gatti fight reallly need to go and research Hatton!! He's not going to stand there for Floyd to hit and I can see Floyd walking through whatever he has to get to him, Julio Cesar Chavez style.
    On the other hand,Floyd could just put in a Chico performance(ie great speed combos etc) but even then, Hatton is brutal, and will just keep coming forward. The thing I am most interested in seeing is how the ref will react to Hatton's tactics and how Floyd will react when he's roughed up. I can see it now Ricky up close for the whole 12 rounds on his way to a sD.
    Good points the Game, well i was thinking one of the main problems could be the ref, with Rickys reputation and the fact Floyd is American and possibly the hometown boy, the ref might go over the top with spliting them up when in close, basically taking away Hattons main atributes, i can honestly visualise it now, where Ricky gets close and is thwarted by the ref everytime.

But on the other side of that argument, when the two eventully meet Ricky might well be the bigger draw, i know real boxing fans love to see the sweet science implemented like Floyd does so well, but i think the general Americans say your casual boxing fan will warm to Rickys style much more, and he could possibly be the cash cow over Floyd for Hbo, which could have a bearing with the judges and referee.

Who knows but this fight will defintly happen as long as they both stay unbeaten.

Thread Information