Thread: Hatton fancies Mayweather job!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton fancies Mayweather job!

Quote Originally Posted by baller
    First the Judah fans, now the Hatton fans. Like I promised the Judah fans before the fight, I will also make a special thread for the Hatton fans when PBF cuts him up. Hatton does have a chance more than anyone right now but it won't be enough. As far as the Hatton fans (Smashup and co.) that say PBF will get ran over, I will torment you when Hatton gets whooped.
    You may be right, but in my uneduated opinion I think you're making PBF out to be something he's not. In no way should he be compared to people like SRL, Ray Robinson...He doesn't have the heart, and if he had it Judah would of been KOd. Make no mistake about it if any of the people I mentioned above were to catch Zab flush as many times as Floyd did the fight wouldn't of went 12 rounds. Mayweather seemed to have killer instict when he fought Gatti, but not when he fought Zab. Why? Zab confused him a little bit, so what I'm saying basically is that if PBF doesn't have you figured out he'll cruise like he did with Zab, not pouncing on his opponent like they spit on his mother. He better show up with a little more will to win if he's gonna fight the hitman.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    After watching the the Judah fight I honestly don't think that Floyd could cope with Ricky Hatton... hatton could walk through just about anything Floyd can through and unlike Zab Judah won't punch away at those giant gloves if he had Floyd hurt... :P
    1. You can't deduce anything about Floyd/Hatton from watching Floyd/Judah. Hatton and Judah fight NOTHING LIKE EACH OTHER. There are tons of PBF opponents who fight way closer to Hatton's style than does Judah. (Castillo, for instance.) This is like people watching Winky/Soliman, saying that Soliman gave Winky trouble (he didn't), and then going on to say, "well, therefore, Taylor's gotta be favored against Winky." A fighter's performance against one fighter just will not predict his performance against a fighter with exactly the opposite style.

2. Don't forget that Floyd hurt his hand in like R2 against Judah. If his hand is good, the guy can hit--very underrated on that count. See, e.g., PBF/Corrales, PBF/Gatti, PBF/Mitchell (and I'm not saying these guys are comparable to Hatton, but watch these fights and tell me Floyd didn't knock the sh!t out of them with some of his punches).

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's funny how many people pick Hatton.. No offence to anyone but really... He has fought ONE world class opponent.. And there was alot of BS in that fight that could warrant a DQ in the states.. Maussa is junk.. He got beat down by Cotto far worse then Hatton took it to him, and he simply never should have had been rated as anything. I seriously doubt it would be anywhere near as close or competitive as Judah PBF, honestly. Judah is far quicker and is a southpaw, say what you like about him or the first four rounds the fact is that PBF really didn't plan on winning the first rounds because he knew he would figure and wear him out over the course which he did until the low blow, which is the only thing that allowed Judah to get back into the fight. I mean really... Of course Hatton is probably the toughest opponent out there for Floyd, and the most desireable fight.. But for people to see Hatton winning so clearly is hilarious. Hatton has never fought anything near Floyd. Period. PBF has faced all kinds of world class opponents, all different styles. I could easily see it being one sided.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

flloyd has fought past their prime champions, he wont of eva had a fight like hatton
    id say hatton tko 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo and Corrales are really past prime champions right

Mayweather close UD over Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton will make floyd quit on his stool in 8.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Hatton will make floyd quit on his stool in 8.
    i don't know what basis you could possibly have for saying this. if this fight is lopsided, it won't be in hatton's favor. count on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    You may be right, but in my uneduated opinion I think you're making PBF out to be something he's not. In no way should he be compared to people like SRL, Ray Robinson...He doesn't have the heart, and if he had it Judah would of been KOd. Make no mistake about it if any of the people I mentioned above were to catch Zab flush as many times as Floyd did the fight wouldn't of went 12 rounds. Mayweather seemed to have killer instict when he fought Gatti, but not when he fought Zab. Why? Zab confused him a little bit, so what I'm saying basically is that if PBF doesn't have you figured out he'll cruise like he did with Zab, not pouncing on his opponent like they spit on his mother. He better show up with a little more will to win if he's gonna fight the hitman.
    Trust me...he can be legitamately called our generations SRL...but not Ray Robinson.

In today's time...no one fighter or no handful combined show what the ones from the late 70's to mid 80's showed, IWO.

Mayweather is the fastest & slickest fighter out there & that's why all the comparisons come & go. He may not be molded after Ray Leonard...but he does indeed carry himself in the same flare. He does hold a bit of a torch to him speed wise...but stylistically...Mayweather is one of his own.

Again...this is all my humble opinion.

As far as Floyd cruising...you need to back up & check the tape. Floyd wasn't cruising by any means until after he was fouled...& if people can't respect a good throb to the jewels & a bash on the back of the head...there's no further use in discussing it.

Everyone latches on to the fact that Floyd didn't stop Judah...but he was awfully damned close...& for Judah to be the skilled power puncher that all his many loyalists say...well...he sure as shat didn't stop Floyd either now did he?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what you're saying but still it seemed as if he didn't want it the same way SRL wanted Duran in their rematch. And I agree he is our SRL, and I would also say that he's somewhere within the same realm, he just doesn't fight with the same passion. Not saying this because he didn't stop Judah, I'm saying when he was doing his best work in the fight (rounds 6-7-8-9 ?) I wasn't all that impressed with his ability to punish Zab, atleast not at 147. Floyd had great power when he didn't carry the extra weight I don't care what anyone says, and he needs to lose a few pounds so we can see the best of what he has to offer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't forget he hurt his hand in R2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont thin pbf coasted at all until the last 2 rds...after the long delay i think his rythym was off and he had to sort of start over again cold.......until zab illegally and intentionally (and cowardly i might addd) pounded floyd's coin purse in round 10, floyd was about to stop him....pbf is not a one punch kayo artist or guy that jumps all over someone like hatton....pbf takes his time with u and slowly dismantles you based on what he sees early on...even in the gatti fight, despite the fact that it took 6 rds or so, pbf took his time, figured gatti out (much earlier than he did judah--it looked like he had some trouble with zab's slick southpaw style) and picked him apart..........even after rd six he had really yet to go in for the kill b4 gatti's guys stopped it

hattons style is perfect for floyd....he'll run right in like he normally does with no rhyme or reason and floyd will pick him off all nite until ricky is a bloody mess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he wasn't coasting then that says alot about him

Thread Information