Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manfredo is fighting Lacy again now!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manfredo is fighting Lacy again now!

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Hey dont count out Johnathan Reid i heard he wants a crack at the winner of Wlad v Byrd.
    HAHAHAHA
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 71HOOKS
    Bilbo i was thinking that the PPV buys for Manfredo v Gomez the trilogy!! Might actully break the one million barrier.
    Actually I think Gomez is sticking to 154 lbs. DLH, Mosely then Mayweather is his chosen route before his mega rematch with Ishe Smith!
    WHAT A NAIL BITER THAT WOULD BE... MAYBE IF WE COULD STOP THE BARRAGE OF HEADBUTS THE ALL POWERFUL JOEY GILBERT COULD GET ANOTHER SHOT
    Yeah it's quite ironic really that on the Contender Manfredo either lost, or just scraped a win against everyone he fought.

lost to Gomez, then won by a whisker against Miguel, won by a split decision over Joey Gilbert, won by a whisker against Gomez, lost easily to Mora, Then seemed to decision Mora in another close fight, then on moving UP TWO WEIGHT DIVISIONS! beat the S*** out of a top 10 ranked supermiddleweight.

One must conclude that the Contender series must have managed to sign some of the greatest talents in the world right now, I mean how else can you explain that Manfredo lost to an unknown welterweight with a 9-2 record in Gomez then took on and beat a world class operator like Pemberton who fought 3 divisions up from Gomez?

I reckon by end of 2007 Gomez, Ishe Smith, Manfredo and Mora will all be world champs. Joey Gilbert and Miguel Espino will be number 1 contenders.

It's going to happen
    "a world class operator like Pemberton" - you might consider that Pemberton is far far from being a world class boxer?...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by New Wind
    Bilbo i was thinking that the PPV buys for Manfredo v Gomez the trilogy!! Might actully break the one million barrier.
    Actually I think Gomez is sticking to 154 lbs. DLH, Mosely then Mayweather is his chosen route before his mega rematch with Ishe Smith!
    WHAT A NAIL BITER THAT WOULD BE... MAYBE IF WE COULD STOP THE BARRAGE OF HEADBUTS THE ALL POWERFUL JOEY GILBERT COULD GET ANOTHER SHOT
    Yeah it's quite ironic really that on the Contender Manfredo either lost, or just scraped a win against everyone he fought.

lost to Gomez, then won by a whisker against Miguel, won by a split decision over Joey Gilbert, won by a whisker against Gomez, lost easily to Mora, Then seemed to decision Mora in another close fight, then on moving UP TWO WEIGHT DIVISIONS! beat the S*** out of a top 10 ranked supermiddleweight.

One must conclude that the Contender series must have managed to sign some of the greatest talents in the world right now, I mean how else can you explain that Manfredo lost to an unknown welterweight with a 9-2 record in Gomez then took on and beat a world class operator like Pemberton who fought 3 divisions up from Gomez?

I reckon by end of 2007 Gomez, Ishe Smith, Manfredo and Mora will all be world champs. Joey Gilbert and Miguel Espino will be number 1 contenders.

It's going to happen
    "a world class operator like Pemberton" - you might consider that Pemberton is far far from being a world class boxer?...
    Hi New Wind, welcome to the forum.

May I suggest you goto Wikipedia and look up the word 'Sarcasm'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's going to happen
    Hi New Wind, welcome to the forum.

May I suggest you goto Wikipedia and look up the word 'Sarcasm'.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I genuinly think that Manfredo lost the first time to Gomez because he had a bad night and because he dosn't walk around at anything near the weight, which he was required to do constantly because of the nature of the show. He didn't know if he was gonna be the first to fight so rather than comfortably getting down he would of had to dry up big time.

The fight was alot closer than they showed it aswell... half the time they'll be 1 combo scored the whole round and they'll slow it down and speed it up and cut it and show it from different angles etc...

I can't see manfredo being much of a threat to lacy or Calzaghe though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

REALLY HASNT BEEN TRULY TESTED YET AGAINST WORLD CLASS FIGHTERS PLUS THE FACT HE HAS SHORTENED HIS PUNCHES AND LOOKS CRAFTIER UNDER ROACHES TUTALAGE... LACY WOULD BE A GREAT FIGHT FOR HIM..
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

REALLY HASNT BEEN TRULY TESTED YET AGAINST WORLD CLASS FIGHTERS PLUS THE FACT HE HAS SHORTENED HIS PUNCHES AND LOOKS CRAFTIER UNDER ROACHES TUTALAGE... LACY WOULD BE A GREAT FIGHT FOR HIM..
    Primitive Lacy would be an easy fight for anyone who is able to move and box just a little - Lacy is the Sam Peter of SMW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the reason why he beat up pemberton is because scotty is used up and old---hot dead--manfredo's handlers knew it which is why they took the fight...do you honestly think if they felt pemberton had something left they would have put peter in with him?

btw--lacy would kill him---i think peter is better off at JM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Primitive Lacy would be an easy fight for anyone who is able to move and box just a little - Lacy is the Sam Peter of SMW.
    I AGREE... I THINK PETER IS IMPROVING EVERYDAY AND IS A FUTURE CHAMPION IN SOME RESPECT. HE IS YOUNG AND CAN BE MOLDED BY A GREAT TRAINER(ROACH)... HE HAS ALOT OF RAW TALENT ROACH CAN WORK WITH SO AS SARCASTIC AS WE WERE BEFORE... SERIOUSLY, I THINK PETER CAN AND WILL WIN THIS FIGHT BUT HAPPY THE CALZAGHE ONE IS NOT TAKING PLACE DUE TO PETER JUST NOT BEING @ THAT LEVEL YET...
    Hidden Content

Thread Information