Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is floyd really boxing's best???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is floyd really boxing's best???

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    www.boxinginsider.com

Is Floyd Really Boxing's Best?
    Scoop Malinowski

Is Floyd Mayweather really the pound-for-pound best boxer today? Just about every ring observer out there has bestowed this undisputed honor to the unbeaten four-time champ.

In the court of public opinion, Floyd rules. We have witnessed the talent, we have watched in awe and admiration his many artistic victories. But in the ring is where these matters of who is the best must be resolved. The fact remains that Floyd did not defeat the two biggest threats in his previous weight class (Hatton and Cotto at 140). And Floyd has not yet fought the longstanding king at 147 Antonio Margarito or new champ Carlos Baldomir.
    First off Margarito isn't the longstanding king at 147, Zab Judah was!

Margarito came to prominence with his knockout of Kermit Cintron, and most recently Michael Gomez, he was NOT the longstanding champ.

Until his disastrous performance in January Zab Judah was the undisputed and longstanding champion at 147. That fight with Mayweather which was going to be huge was already arranged and went ahead despite the loss to Baldmoir.

Secondly Baldimor isn't even close to being in the same league as Mayweather and that fight would be meaningless as hell.

Considering that Mayweather had already arranged to fight Judah whilst he was still the man, and is now in negotiations with Margarito I don;t see how he can be accused of ducking anyone.

He isn't hanging around any division because he's on a race against time to win titles at 5 weights within 10 years of turning pro, he's not dodging anybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Well until Hatton or Margarito beat PBF, he is the best.
    Hatton and Margarito can kiss Mayweather's @ss ! ! ! GO Floyd u are the man . . .

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    www.boxinginsider.com

Is Floyd Really Boxing's Best?
    Scoop Malinowski

Is Floyd Mayweather really the pound-for-pound best boxer today? Just about every ring observer out there has bestowed this undisputed honor to the unbeaten four-time champ.

In the court of public opinion, Floyd rules. We have witnessed the talent, we have watched in awe and admiration his many artistic victories. But in the ring is where these matters of who is the best must be resolved. The fact remains that Floyd did not defeat the two biggest threats in his previous weight class (Hatton and Cotto at 140). And Floyd has not yet fought the longstanding king at 147 Antonio Margarito or new champ Carlos Baldomir.
    First off Margarito isn't the longstanding king at 147, Zab Judah was!

Margarito came to prominence with his knockout of Kermit Cintron, and most recently Michael Gomez, he was NOT the longstanding champ.

Until his disastrous performance in January Zab Judah was the undisputed and longstanding champion at 147. That fight with Mayweather which was going to be huge was already arranged and went ahead despite the loss to Baldmoir.

Secondly Baldimor isn't even close to being in the same league as Mayweather and that fight would be meaningless as hell.

Considering that Mayweather had already arranged to fight Judah whilst he was still the man, and is now in negotiations with Margarito I don;t see how he can be accused of ducking anyone.

He isn't hanging around any division because he's on a race against time to win titles at 5 weights within 10 years of turning pro, he's not dodging anybody.
    ahhhh.... Sanity. CC.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny to read articles like this where guys don't see through their own BS. I mean you can present a case that Mayweathers #1 ranking should be disputed, but to write things like.. He hasn't yet fought the long standing King Margarito.. In the first sentence, pretty much just ends the article right there for me. Why can't these writers at least try and be subjective...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What this guy is obviously a margarito supporter...discredits Floyd for fighting Judah...WHAT? Judah was a safe opponent, WHAT? Is he stupid? You gotta love boxing fans, and enthusiast right, because only after PBF dominates the "beat floyd hopefuls" do they become "safe opponents"...How convienent is that shat...
    Quote Originally Posted by raleights

I don't see how anyone can look at Mayweather as P4P #1. He has fighters surrounding him that could very easily tear him apart (Cotto, Hatton, Margarito, maybe even Freitas at 140). Calzaghe has NOONE that poses a threat to his record, he gives it his all unlike Floyd, and is just more exciting in general. Mayweather doesn't make sense at #1, not until he learns to throw with conviction anyway :P
    Also Calzaghe is good, great actually...it wasn't a surprise to see him beat the shat out of Lacy...Kinda like PBF would to do Cotto...but anyway, Calzaghe can't be ahead Floyd or Winky for that matter, because Floyd has three wins over two guys in the top ten(corrales and Castillo)...would have been four had Judah not lost to Baldomir...(because Judah was ranked 8 i think before that fight)... Also Floyd has 66% KO ratio and JC 75% so PBF throws with about has much conviction as JC and not to mention JC could have stopped Lacy had he thrown with "conviction"...

"Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol you're comparing Zab's chin to Lacy's. Lacy has a granite chin, with that thick neck and his strong stance. Joe was ALL over him all night long, fighting like a true champion - throwing with conviction . And you'll have a hard time finding too many people on here that will say Winky would beat Calzaghe so it's kind of silly to even put him in this equation. It's not like comparing Joe to Floyd who could never fight on account of the weight difference. Sorry you just didn't think that one through before you typed it hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the guy was going to say Floyd shouldn't be p4p 1 he should give a legit reason why and then present someone like Barerra as a case for number 1 p4p spot. He did neither and as a result... well there was no result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say this. If Jermaine Taylor beats Winky Wright, I would not argue with anyone who puts him #1 on their list. That would be back to back wins over Hopkins, who was # 1 p4p before their first fight, and then a win over the current #2 guy. That'd be hard to dispute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think they would.

Since guys like Sturm, Abraham, Miranda and some others are still out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    If the guy was going to say Floyd shouldn't be p4p 1 he should give a legit reason why and then present someone like Barerra as a case for number 1 p4p spot. He did neither and as a result... well there was no result
    Already presented why, they're both close to unbeatable and Joe is more unbeatable

Maybe because of his do whatever it takes attitude? or maybe he's fighting at the right weight class I dunno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who's more "unbeatable" than PBF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I don't see how anyone can look at Mayweather as P4P #1. He has fighters surrounding him that could very easily tear him apart (Cotto, Hatton, Margarito, maybe even Freitas at 140). Calzaghe has NOONE that poses a threat to his record, he gives it his all unlike Floyd, and is just more exciting in general. Mayweather doesn't make sense at #1, not until he learns to throw with conviction anyway :P
    That's pretty...funny to actually here someone compare 168 & 175 to 140 & 147.

Did you really do that?

140 to 147 is so deep that it will never run dry.

There are 4 men at 168 that are worth mentioning...the rest are basically just stepping stones. Come on.
    Of course theres more talent at welterweight, but theres still only 4-5 people worth mentioning that Floyd has to fight. If it will never run dry then name 10 people at 140-147 that could possibly beat Floyd 'right now'. Dont come up with anyone that can do it in a few years. Btw icksnay on the condescensionay Mr. Coolclicker, we all know you enjoy being right
    It has nothing to do with me being right. I quite enjoy being wrong from time to time & openly admitting it...it's called a broader horizon...you should try that shat sometime.

You might be surprised at what you can learn.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rahman
    Hatton and Margarito can kiss Mayweather's @ss ! ! ! GO Floyd u are the man . . .
    I meant it like until they can beat him( which i dont think they can) Floyd is the best. Floyd IMO is the best p4p in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I think there is only three people who haven't fought Mayweather yet who are worthy of mention for fighting him. ODLH, Margarito, and Hatton. There is Castillo and Corrales still, but at SMW, and middleweight there are alot of names as well Taylor, Sturm, Wright, Abraham, Calzaghe, Kessler, Lacy(maybe not against Calzaghe, but he's still a threat IMO) I think both areas compare nicely to eachother.
    Calzaghe has openly stated that @ 168 there's not much worth mentioning...he wants 175 from the last I read & heard.

Him even mentioning Wright & Taylor really kills me...I just can't believe that he actually thinks that he can get down to that or that they can come up to that...Taylor could...but not Winky.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rahman
    I meant it like until they can beat him( which i dont think they can) Floyd is the best. Floyd IMO is the best p4p in the world.
    Agreed.

Thread Information