Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is floyd really boxing's best???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is floyd really boxing's best???

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahman
    Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Well until Hatton or Margarito beat PBF, he is the best.
    Hatton and Margarito can kiss Mayweather's @ss ! ! ! GO Floyd u are the man . . .
    I meant it like until they can beat him( which i dont think they can) Floyd is the best. Floyd IMO is the best p4p in the world.
    Agreed.
    Whoops...almost forgot.

**Mr. Coolclicker's in daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa house...& we all know he enjoys being right!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    I don't see how anyone can look at Mayweather as P4P #1. He has fighters surrounding him that could very easily tear him apart (Cotto, Hatton, Margarito, maybe even Freitas at 140). Calzaghe has NOONE that poses a threat to his record, he gives it his all unlike Floyd, and is just more exciting in general. Mayweather doesn't make sense at #1, not until he learns to throw with conviction anyway :P
    That's pretty...funny to actually here someone compare 168 & 175 to 140 & 147.

Did you really do that?

140 to 147 is so deep that it will never run dry.

There are 4 men at 168 that are worth mentioning...the rest are basically just stepping stones. Come on.
    Of course theres more talent at welterweight, but theres still only 4-5 people worth mentioning that Floyd has to fight. If it will never run dry then name 10 people at 140-147 that could possibly beat Floyd 'right now'. Dont come up with anyone that can do it in a few years. Btw icksnay on the condescensionay Mr. Coolclicker, we all know you enjoy being right
    It has nothing to do with me being right. I quite enjoy being wrong from time to time & openly admitting it...it's called a broader horizon...you should try that shat sometime.

You might be surprised at what you can learn.
    Depends, have you learned theres still only 4 or so people for Floyd to fight, same boat Calzaghe is in

When you admit that I'll broaden my horizon as you put it
    And like I said, icksnay on that condescensionay coolclicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hold on. Is this guy seriously arguing that Joe Calzaghe should be #1 p4p? B/c Calzaghe hasnt beaten Castillo, Corrales, Gatti, Judah, Manfredy or Hernandez. But the lil' guy from Michigan has. He's earned his #1 spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I'm saying is that If you would present Joe with the opportunities to fight people such as Hopkins, Jones, Collins, Taylor, he would of done it. PBF is lucky people are hounding him, it gives him the ability to show how good he really is. People have been scared shitless of Joe and Lacy found out why. I garuntee you can't come up with a good excuse for Hopkins to dodge a fight with Calzaghe like he did for so long, other than he was worried about his legacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. Hopkins is a businessman. A Hopkins-Calzaghe fight wouldnt have even been PPV in the states. That wasnt were the monmey was for him.

But dont blame PBF cuz he's been in division w/ more talent that Calzaghe. Yeah, he's 41-0, but who's heard of most of his opponents? Sorry fella, even w/ a win over Lacy, right now he aint even top 5 p4p.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol you're comparing Zab's chin to Lacy's. Lacy has a granite chin, with that thick neck and his strong stance. Joe was ALL over him all night long, fighting like a true champion - throwing with conviction . And you'll have a hard time finding too many people on here that will say Winky would beat Calzaghe so it's kind of silly to even put him in this equation. It's not like comparing Joe to Floyd who could never fight on account of the weight difference. Sorry you just didn't think that one through before you typed it hehe.
    I never said that Winky would beat Calzaghe...I said Calzaghe shouldn't be ranked ahead of him p4p...also if they fought at 160 winky probably would beat JC...and actually Calzaghe wasn't throwing any knockout punches at lacy. He was throwing a bunch of 70% shots, it was the acumulation that wore Lacy down..much like Floyd did to Gatti...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BABABOOEY
    No. Hopkins is a businessman. A Hopkins-Calzaghe fight wouldnt have even been PPV in the states. That wasnt were the monmey was for him.

But dont blame PBF cuz he's been in division w/ more talent that Calzaghe. Yeah, he's 41-0, but who's heard of most of his opponents? Sorry fella, even w/ a win over Lacy, right now he aint even top 5 p4p.
    Can't argue with welterweight having more talent, but when you say Hopkins is a business man it's just another excuse for him not to fight. He always had the excuse like everyone else did, and one guy here who has been disagreeing with me (Wacko of course) says Calzaghe is exactly #5. As a matter of fact I don't think Hopkins was ever too keen on big fights he could possibly lose. So you may be wrong fella. And actually I think Roy Jones would of beaten Calzaghe 5 years ago but it's not the case anymore.

Btw Calzaghe can't fight at 160 JonesJrMayweather, he walks around at like 200 I think. But like I said Winky wouldn't have a huge chance, he's 1 dimensional like Jeff Lacy - just in a different way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't argue with welterweight having more talent, but when you say Hopkins is a business man it's just another excuse for him not to fight. He always had the excuse like everyone else did, and one guy here who has been disagreeing with me (Wacko of course) says Calzaghe is exactly #5. As a matter of fact I don't think Hopkins was ever too keen on big fights he could possibly lose. So you may be wrong fella. And actually I think Roy Jones would of beaten Calzaghe 5 years ago but it's not the case anymore.

Btw Calzaghe can't fight at 160 JonesJrMayweather, he walks around at like 200 I think. But like I said Winky wouldn't have a huge chance, he's 1 dimensional like Jeff Lacy - just in a different way.
    Well then it's settled..they couldn't fight because JC is too big...winky won't go higher than he is now....and winky's one dimension isn't as much of a flaw as Lacy's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather

Well then it's settled..they couldn't fight because JC is too big...winky won't go higher than he is now....and winky's one dimension isn't as much of a flaw as Lacy's
    Yeah its definately not as flawed as Lacy's lol. Actually in his last fight Winky came it around 175, and I for one think Winky is capable of fighting in another manner than jab jab jab. And if he fought Joe we'd probably see him be forced to use all his other tools we never get to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky being 1 dimensional is not really true,I'm sure earlier in his career,he used to go to war more,he has just become smarter and I would not mind being 1 dimensional if my jab and defence were as good as that!!! I think Winky could beat JC although it would be close and the size difference would be a factor but I learnt not to bet against Winky after the Trinidad fight !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would mind hehe, Winky has missed out on millions cause of that style he chose but you still have to apreciate it - he's one efficient mother. I don't think Joe would go for the same thing all night long the way Trinidad did. Still would be a great fight. Would be nice if they'd all just shutup and get in the ring together so this wouldn't be speculation anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, Hopkins not being willing to take risks against opponents is nonsense. Did you say that when he fought Felix Trinidad, who was 40-0? Did you say that when he fought Delahoya? Those 2 guys are better than anyone Calzaghe's ever fought.

And who says one dimensional is a bad thing. Tyson was pretty sucessful with it. And if that dimension makes it impossible to hit the guy, ala Pernell Whitaker, thats a pretty good dimension.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its testament to Floyd's ability, that nobody has realy challenged him yet (apart from castillo, who won the 1st fight, don't care what the record book says). Interestingly enough, are any of Mayweather's opponents any better than kostya tszyu? Even a 35 year old Kostya Tszyu? I'd only say Castillo is close, and floyd come a bit unstuck against him.

No my point is not that Ricky Hatton should be number 1....bcos he shouldn't be.

My point is, its the lack of proper recognized champions, that makes pbf number 1 P4P. Nobody else is particularly standing out. Most undefeateds are merely prospects or are yet to be tested.
    The guys i would consider his rivals, appear to be on the wane (Morales for example).
    Maybe Winky deserves it, but everybody seems to be waiting for the Taylor fight before deciding on him.

Pacman is a good bet but apart from beatin barrera and morales, he's not a sound enough boxer to be number 1 (IMO). If pacman was undefeated then his boxing skills wouldn't come into question, but that brings me back to my point about there being no completely dominant undefeateds................maybe except from mayweather.

To close, i feel mayweather is on borrowed time at number 1 and could only be there bcos nobody else is particularly standing out just yet. I expect the winner from taylor - winky to be crowned the new number 1. Either that or give it to Carlos Baldozer :P
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ONO, you get a CC for a great post.

And I'll forgive you for that Baldomir remark at the end.

And I agree, whoever wins Taylor-Wright should be the new #1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, Hopkins not being willing to take risks against opponents is nonsense. Did you say that when he fought Felix Trinidad, who was 40-0? Did you say that when he fought Delahoya? Those 2 guys are better than anyone Calzaghe's ever fought.

And who says one dimensional is a bad thing. Tyson was pretty sucessful with it. And if that dimension makes it impossible to hit the guy, ala Pernell Whitaker, thats a pretty good dimension.
    Yeah those were real risks, fighting welter weights....lol

Thread Information