Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Does Hatton really want to fight Mayweather?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does Hatton really want to fight Mayweather?

I have a hunch that Hatton knows that he peaked in his performance against Tsyzu. The most natural step after that was Cotto and or Mayweather, and he never called them out or remotely openly challenged them.

He opted to fight Maussa, then after Maussa he was fishing around the pond to find the perfect victim. That victim has now been found, and his name is Collazo, not Margarito, not a remotely dangerous 147 lb'er, but Collazo.

Why is he doing this?

Because knowing that he peaked against KT, he has to keep up an aura of invincibility to guarantee a big payday down the road. One way of keeping up this invinicibility is to let the casual fans salivate by having them believe you still got it, and hoping that you will finally fight and defeat, "the man".

"The man", in this situation is either PBF or Oscar. So Hatton has to play the cards. Avoid big risks and bid his time before he cashes in big time.

Will Hatton wear out his welcome as one of boxing biggest stars, biggest draws, and one who is to be anticipated as solidifying his name in the hall of fame by beating, "the man" PBF or ODH, or will he keep up a charade knowing that he will eventually get exposed when he meats, "the man".

All evidences point to the latter. What are these evidences? Maussa, (not Frietas, not Harris, not Margarito) and Collazo.

I wish Hatton well, but I'm not sold. Actually I'm unsold. He has used up all his capital he garnered when he beat Tsyzu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Hatton really want to fight Mayweather?

im more interested in seeing how he actually does in the USA without the comfort of everything back home. if he wins convincingly against opponents we give a F about here in the USA ill def have to give him his. if he did ever fight cotto, tony, etc and win convincingly id have to give him his props. if he defeats PBF then i cant hate on him at all.

but those are big IF's now arent they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Hatton really want to fight Mayweather?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    im more interested in seeing how he actually does in the USA without the comfort of everything back home. if he wins convincingly against opponents we give a F about here in the USA ill def have to give him his. if he did ever fight cotto, tony, etc and win convincingly id have to give him his props. if he defeats PBF then i cant hate on him at all.

but those are big IF's now arent they?
    Y'know, I kinda wish Hatton and Floyd fight in Britain.
    I wanna see Hatton fighting at his peak with the full crowd support behind him.
    Floyd-Hatton in the UK would make Floyd the bad guy to end all bad guys.
    Floyd excels in the role of the bad guy.
    Floyd-Hatton in the UK!

Thread Information