Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: How's this boo-fest of a fight going to go down my bruva's & sista's?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another Wacko's Drunken Round by Round: Audley Harrison vs Dominick Guinn

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Just another Wacko's Drunken Round by Round: Audley Harrison vs Dominick Guinn

Welly well ladies & gentlemen...it's do or die on the DRBR tonight as we watch what is percieved all the way around the board as another lack lustre outting in the heavyweight division.

Tonight on ESPN's Friday Night Fights Audley Harrison matches...errrrrrrrrrrrr...well...let me reboot.

Tonight on ESPN's Friday Night Fights Audley Harrison will climb through the ropes and meet former heavyweight champion Dominic Guinn as they both try once again reset the clocks on their much stalled careers.

Both men were previously touted as the saviours of the heavyweight division and after Audley won the Olympic gold medal back in 2000 at the Sydney games...who could have disagreed? But in the end...Harrison just fell apart when pressed & he never really stepped up to the plate.

The same goes for Dominick. Try & try as these two might...they just can't shed the image of being failures. Guinn has been a bit more fortunate as far as the ridicule goes...I mean...pretty much all you hear is something along the lines of..."Oh no...it's not again Guinn" or "One More Time Guinn"...poor Audley has been nailed with names like "Fraudley" and "A Farce".

Whooooooooooooo babe that's bad!

While Dominick Guinn (25 wins with 18 ko's, 3 losses, & 1 draw) has lost to names like Serguei Lyakhovich, James Toney, & Monte Barrett...Audley Harrison (19 wins with 14 ko's & only 1 loss) has lost to Danny Williams (DANNY WILLIAMS people!!!!)...yet another "woulda-coulda-shoulda been". Again, the main gripe I got with Harrison is that he just never really full filled his supposed worth.

IWO...neither one of these gents is any better than the other as far as these two heavyweight leftovers go...but maybe I'm being too cruel.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

But anywho! In the end...two questions spring to my mind...what's next for the loser and does anyone really even care? Both answers are as big of a question as the actually questions are. I mean...what's next for the winner?

Surely whatever is next...either one of these men will fail...right? I mean...not unless you match them against a real nobody.

I sat here wondering all day to day whether or not I actually wanted to crank up the DRBR this weekend. I mean...after such a tumultuous Saturday night last weekend, coupled with the fact that I really really dislike both of these underachievers...well...I almost said no...but hey...this is boxing & this is Saddo's and I am Wacko...and whether you care or not...come hell or high water...if there's a fight and it's worthy...I'll cover it.

Then again...this fights pretty worthless anyway you slice it...but...in all truth...I wanna see which won folds first.

It could be a goodie seeing as both men's careers are at stake tonight. They both could come game and ready to roll...but I doubt it.

So...with those bleak thoughts...I say to you all the very same words that I mumble day in and day out on Wacko's Drunken Round by Round: Break out the chips & salsa...pour up a glass of your favorite poison & strike a pose on the couch...it's fight night!

Cheers...& as always...koneecheewah bitches!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another Wacko's Drunken Round by Round: Audley Harrison vs Dominick Guinn

Personally...I think that I am just wasting my time...& apparently...at this very second...I am 100% right!

But that is subject to change...
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another Wacko's Drunken Round by Round: Audley Harrison vs Dominick Gui

yo man, i'll give ya a coolclick for the rd by rd....but is it seriously worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another Wacko's Drunken Round by Round: Audley Harrison vs Dominick Guinn

It is worth it and shows your dedication. If you fall asleep I will help.

But you never know. If people in boxing hav every low expectations for something, it may turn out to be a great fight. But I know Audley feels he has more to prove then Guinn does.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this fight is going to demand some serious serious drinking

When was the last time two guys this boring were matched together?

What if its, for some unknown reason, an exciting fight? Nah

Audley was talking a good game on Wednesday Night Fights, the oh "that wasn't really me against Williams" line, but he probably won't come through, I'm gonna root for Dominick, well at least till I turn the TV off. Although he probably won't come through either, this fight is one where you might have a chance at actually correctly predicting a draw.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    But I know Audley feels he has more to prove then Guinn does.
    that's tough to call, Dominick's been such an underachiever too, although he has achieved more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But look who Guinn has lost to.

WBO Champ Sergei

WBC Challenger Monte Barrett

James Toney

thats not a bad 3 losses and Guinn isn't crucified for them.

But Audley lost to Danny Williams and was ridiculed from the word go.

Audley knows if he loses that IS IT for him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True but if he's crucified for them its cause of how he lost, he just didn't put out the effort, especially in the Lyakhovich and Barret fights.

Although I guess Audley does have more pressure since he's more well known in Britain than Guinn is in America. Personally I think the loser, either one, is practically done and nothing but an opponent. They both need this badly.

As for the fight to me Dominick needs to jump on him early and never let him get comfortable, get him running, and Audley needs to consistently work the jab. It sounds so simple but it probably won't happen.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another Wacko's Drunken Round by Round: Audley Harrison vs Dominick Gui

How could this fight not be worth it? Both guys have their backs against the wall and I have reason to beleive that Guinn will actually throw punches this fight. Seriously I have been waiting for this. Unless it's a real good fight I think the loser is through. So yeah...I'm excited for this one, well about as excited as you can be for an Audley fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Personally I think the loser, either one, is practically done and nothing but an opponent.
    I gotta say, I think they're both already there. Though I guess if one of them was somehow spectacular and totally dominated.... Nah, not gonna happen.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Personally I think the loser, either one, is practically done and nothing but an opponent.
    I gotta say, I think they're both already there. Though I guess if one of them was somehow spectacular and totally dominated.... Nah, not gonna happen.
    maybe I was being too nice, the thing is they're both not bad at all technically and athletically for heavyweights but they're just lacking in a lot of other areas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    yo man, i'll give ya a coolclick for the rd by rd....but is it seriously worth it?
    Generally...just about all of them are worth it.

It is worth it and shows your dedication. If you fall asleep I will help.
    I'll be wide awake...I actually can't wait to see who sucks the most.

But you never know. If people in boxing hav every low expectations for something, it may turn out to be a great fight. But I know Audley feels he has more to prove then Guinn does.
    Agreed. I think that it might actually turn out to be...dare I say...watchable.

this fight is going to demand some serious serious drinking
    Done! Heh heh heh.

What if its, for some unknown reason, an exciting fight? Nah
    I think that it might be.

Audley was talking a good game on Wednesday Night Fights, the oh "that wasn't really me against Williams" line, but he probably won't come through, I'm gonna root for Dominick, well at least till I turn the TV off. Although he probably won't come through either, this fight is one where you might have a chance at actually correctly predicting a draw.
    Nothing but talk. I think that Fraudley might just win...but what will it prove?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    How could this fight not be worth it? Both guys have their backs against the wall and I have reason to beleive that Guinn will actually throw punches this fight. Seriously I have been waiting for this. Unless it's a real good fight I think the loser is through. So yeah...I'm excited for this one, well about as excited as you can be for an Audley fight.
    Agreed. THat's the way I'm hoping theyr'e both lookin at it.

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    True on both fronts...but I also gotta really stick with shza on this one...these boys are pretty much done.

s to all on the thread as the night progresses...we will stay vigilant.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What time does this start in GMT? London time ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    What time does this start in GMT? London time ?
    Starts at 9 PM eastern time, that's 2 o clock AM London time, I'm pretty sure London's five hours ahead of eastern time

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the set up of the poll is highly anti-Guinn

Thread Information