Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can someone please explain to me how the heck...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can someone please explain to me how the heck...

Fernando Vargas beat Winky Wright?? Was Winky high that day?? I've been looking for this fight and I can't find it. Does anyone have a link for it?

Winky is great at defending and Vargas is vulnerable to Wright's straight jab...How did Vargas beat him I don't get it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can someone please explain to me how the heck...

winky was an unknown..and vargas was the young upstart...so Vargas got the majority dec..although it was a close fight...winky would probably crush him now...but as it remains..Vargas 1 win, Winky 1 loss
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I saw Trinidad Vargas, I sh*t you not, Vargas looked like a future great.

Then he threw it all down the toilet when he wanted to trade with Trinidad. Vargas was a defensive wizard, lots of upperbody movement followed by strong counter rights and he always had a great jab for insurance and to settle back down on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jman76
    Fernando Vargas beat Winky Wright?? Was Winky high that day?? I've been looking for this fight and I can't find it. Does anyone have a link for it?

Winky is great at defending and Vargas is vulnerable to Wright's straight jab...How did Vargas beat him I don't get it
    Before you listen to anyone say that Winky lost to Vargas...before you recognize that L on his record...watch that fight & tell me that you honestly believe that he lost that fight. Then try to convince yourself that it should have been a draw. You'll have trouble doing both. Wright beat Vargas...but trust me...when HBO's behind you & you got the Vegas white tigers on loan in your corner...you get the picture.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman76

Before you listen to anyone say that Winky lost to Vargas...before you recognize that L on his record...watch that fight & tell me that you honestly believe that he lost that fight. Then try to convince yourself that it should have been a draw. You'll have trouble doing both. Wright beat Vargas...but trust me...when HBO's behind you & you got the Vegas white tigers on loan in your corner...you get the picture.
    Cool Click Wack,cannot believe Vargas got that decision!!!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not seen it but heard it was a robbery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky beat him, but was robbed trust me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it wasn't a robbery, i gave it a draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it should have been a draw but if u really had to give it to someone it must be winky.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was a link in Star's thread in the File Sharing board - that's where I saw it.

Winky won the fight clearly and the irony is he came forward and fought Vargas's fight, coz he was worried that he wouldn't get the verdict if he backed off like normal!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i could of given it to Vagras, because the fight could of been judged upon the last round and Winky didn't do anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Winky lost to Vargas in actuality then Whitaker lost to Oscar Dela Hoya, and Hopkins lost to Taylor

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imo Winky beat Vargas, ODLH beat Whitaker and Taylor beat Hopkins
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky won that fight by at least 2 rounds. His defense and his jab weren't nearly as honed as they are today but he won that fight.

Thread Information