Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I sparred today!!!

Check Joe's Corner (the first of many shameless plugs!) for the one on the straight right- it has the main defenses against the straight andlooping right hands. If that is the punch he really throws that is the one to land your best counters against. By circling right regularly you'll move away rom the right; circle tightly to keep him throwing it and reaching with it. Also if you go left foot right foot as described in the footwork postyou can punch very hard with hook and right.
    Inside please do not stand square with your gloves like ear muffs. You'll ant your left shoulder in his chest, left hip forward and well into him as well, left arm low to protect the body right high elbow in. BE VERY CLOSE and that is a damned safe place to be. Keep that position and let him work to land punches turn square inside his arms and pen up then turn again. (Watch Toney) Also parries are very useful when circling right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I sparred today!!!

Man you had it real good....

Over here in Kronk Detroit....they teach you NOTHING they just tell you to get in the ring....and you get ya a$$ handed to you.....and if you dont come back, well that speaks for its self.

If you do comeback...guess what? YOu get your A$$ Handed to you, and if you KEEP coming back..then they start to teach you and eventually you become the one who hands out the A$$ whoopins...

Thread Information