Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Supplements

hi,

can anyone reccommend a very good supplement to use to help me build muscle and help my recovery? i have found this which seems quite good, it is Title 'Megamix'

http://sugarrays.co.uk/shop/product....&cat=44&page=1

my build is tall and slim, would this make an impact on which supplement i should use?

also are there any dangrs or side effects from using supplements?

thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Supplements

In regard to dangers or side effects - It depends what suppliments you use.

If your looking to build muscle and recovery, there are three main ones i would point to:

A good protein powder / weight gainer. Protein is the building block of muscle, if you can up your protein intake you will build muscle quicker and leaner.

Creatin - lovely form of protein which helps recovery and will increase endurance. though it creates a lot of water retention so cant be used if you are looking to make weight.

L-glutine (sp wrong) - An amino acid which you will find in most protein powders, but is a key amino in retaining muscle without too much fat, helps prevent muscle atrophy between work out sessions.

As for this 'Megamix' i dont know what it is, theres no nutrional information readily avalible, at a glance it looks like a lot of buzz words and hype. but is prob a protein powder, stacked with aminos and different forms of protein which is designed to do what it says on the tub. But i imagine its just there blend of protein powder, everyone claims that their precise mix is that little bit better, but hey it covers what your looking for - im not sure it will do a job better than any other protein on the market. for the precise measurements are more to do with your own bodies requirements then the minor adjustments theyve made.

Eqaully a good diet CANNOT be underated, without a good diet, suppliemnts wont do shit, they cant provide short cuts only assistance.

finally with this megamix i would check to see if it has any anabolic agents, if it does give it a miss, you dont want to be putting anything like that in your system, in efffect its a watered down steriod.

hope this helps

james

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by James
    In regard to dangers or side effects - It depends what suppliments you use.

If your looking to build muscle and recovery, there are three main ones i would point to:

A good protein powder / weight gainer. Protein is the building block of muscle, if you can up your protein intake you will build muscle quicker and leaner.

Creatin - lovely form of protein which helps recovery and will increase endurance. though it creates a lot of water retention so cant be used if you are looking to make weight.

L-glutine (sp wrong) - An amino acid which you will find in most protein powders, but is a key amino in retaining muscle without too much fat, helps prevent muscle atrophy between work out sessions.

As for this 'Megamix' i dont know what it is, theres no nutrional information readily avalible, at a glance it looks like a lot of buzz words and hype. but is prob a protein powder, stacked with aminos and different forms of protein which is designed to do what it says on the tub. But i imagine its just there blend of protein powder, everyone claims that their precise mix is that little bit better, but hey it covers what your looking for - im not sure it will do a job better than any other protein on the market. for the precise measurements are more to do with your own bodies requirements then the minor adjustments theyve made.

Eqaully a good diet CANNOT be underated, without a good diet, suppliemnts wont do S***, they cant provide short cuts only assistance.

finally with this megamix i would check to see if it has any anabolic agents, if it does give it a miss, you dont want to be putting anything like that in your system, in efffect its a watered down steriod.

hope this helps

james
    thats brilliant, thanks

surely a well known brand like Title would not be selling steroids?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the problem with supplimentation is that if you over do it, it can lead to deficiencys and other problems for excess.

take creatine. There are no known problems with to much creatine. Directly atleast although some speculate liver damage. You'll need alot more calcium so if you didn't know that creatine makes your body require more calcium you would develop a clacium deficiency, because they force alot of water into the cells so its important to drink alot more than you normally would which means an increase in potasium etc.

you need to be reasonably clued up on what you're putting into your body and what it does, you need to keep your diet balanced and you can have to much of anything.

Protien and creatine by them selfs won't be very affective with a poor diet, you need a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals, fat, carbohydrates and the quanity of calories in your diet to alow it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how about i just buy a pure whey protein powder to help my muscles a bit? is there any danger in that?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Adam Two very good post impressed you deserve a cool one each
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

heh, cheers scrap... this college course I'm on is paying off after all

Thread Information