Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Byrd-Klitschko II

While I'll probably watch this one since it's free, but I have no idea who I would want to win. Neither will rise to prominence no matter what happens. Byrd has had lots of close calls lately and while some people feel Wlad has revitalized his career, let's face it that Peter did put him down three times still and is one dimensional. Since power is what troubles Wlad, I'll have to favor him over Byrd -- he doesn't have any! That'll make three Russian champs with Maskaev on deck. I think we'll see some cold war nostalgia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Byrd-Klitschko II

Quote Originally Posted by neverbeendown
    While I'll probably watch this one since it's free, but I have no idea who I would want to win. Neither will rise to prominence no matter what happens. Byrd has had lots of close calls lately and while some people feel Wlad has revitalized his career, let's face it that Peter did put him down three times still and is one dimensional. Since power is what troubles Wlad, I'll have to favor him over Byrd -- he doesn't have any! That'll make three Russian champs with Maskaev on deck. I think we'll see some cold war nostalgia.
    When and where are u see Maskarv as champ ? ? ? U are waitting that Maskaev will beat Rahman or what ? ? ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maskaev & Samil Sam were competing for the WBC's International Heavyweight title...guess who won?

It weren't Sam...what's that tell you?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually don't think you need great power to beat Wlad. Most people do, but it really isn't the case. Watch him lose to Brewster.. He only gets hit flush AFTER he is completely gassed, out of it, and finished. Peter as well dropped him twice with rabbit punches, that were also arm punches. I don't believe for one minute that those were hard shots that connected well, or that Wlad was actually hurt.. I think you just need to hit him flush and ther's a chance he will panic, or "implode".. Seems that way to me at least, and that's why this fight could be interesting. I believe Wlad was permanently affected by his KO losses, and his confidence and instincts, suck. Byrd will be the best fighter he has faced since... well.. Byrd.... And that's why this interests me. Byrd knows how to box, how to punch, he just doesn't have the power. We'll see if he really needs it. One things for sure, Wlad will get hit. And he has shown absolutely NO ability to deal with this well.. WAtch him fight Davaryl Williamson.. I think that might be one of the big reasons Byrd is taking this fight, he and Williamson are friends and I suspect he may just know how to get to Wlad. Could be a shocker, imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brewster hurt Wlad with a jab in the 3rd round too didn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad wins again by UD, or Byrd wins by knockout

I dont see it going any other way

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I actually don't think you need great power to beat Wlad. Most people do, but it really isn't the case. Watch him lose to Brewster.. He only gets hit flush AFTER he is completely gassed, out of it, and finished. Peter as well dropped him twice with rabbit punches, that were also arm punches. I don't believe for one minute that those were hard shots that connected well, or that Wlad was actually hurt.. I think you just need to hit him flush and ther's a chance he will panic, or "implode".. Seems that way to me at least, and that's why this fight could be interesting. I believe Wlad was permanently affected by his KO losses, and his confidence and instincts, suck. Byrd will be the best fighter he has faced since... well.. Byrd.... And that's why this interests me. Byrd knows how to box, how to punch, he just doesn't have the power. We'll see if he really needs it. One things for sure, Wlad will get hit. And he has shown absolutely NO ability to deal with this well.. WAtch him fight Davaryl Williamson.. I think that might be one of the big reasons Byrd is taking this fight, he and Williamson are friends and I suspect he may just know how to get to Wlad. Could be a shocker, imo.
    exactly the way ive been thinking

lets not underestimate byrd and build up wlad too much off of a fight against a very limited sam peter (even now peter is showing few key adjustments)...

byrd can pull a shock...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

keep dreaming miles, but wlad will win easy!

Arvid_85 Guest

Why does Byrd talk about his swelling in the first fight? I saw it live, and he got his ass kicked. And his corner didn´t use the No Swell on his eye. Very strange to me to put something on the gloves that can make your face swell, just imagine if Klitschko would touch his own face how it would end up like.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by K2-Promotion
    keep dreaming miles, but wlad will win easy!
    maybe he will win, but it will be far from easy....you mark my words!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Arvid_85
    Why does Byrd talk about his swelling in the first fight? I saw it live, and he got his ass kicked. And his corner didn´t use the No Swell on his eye. Very strange to me to put something on the gloves that can make your face swell, just imagine if Klitschko would touch his own face how it would end up like.
    Sonny Liston did it to Zora Folley and Muhammad Ali.

Arvid_85 Guest

That´s old, forty years ago. And Byrd has started up that again since he´s going to fight wlad again. Could mean he´s scared.

Thread Information