Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IS IT GOOD OR BAD TO HAVE A LEGITIMATELY SUPERRIOR KNUCKLE?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default IS IT GOOD OR BAD TO HAVE A LEGITIMATELY SUPERRIOR KNUCKLE?

the knuckle on my right hand is monstrous, and i can pretty much hit anything w/o any pain, is it less likely that it will break?

another question...

the knuckle on my left hand isnt as big, there is this kind of slim bone or something that runs down the middle (a little to the left) of the knuckle...

im not sure what it is but if i put pressure on it i can move it around... and im like 99% sure i could break it in half with a dead on puch using far less then full force... wtf is this... i just noticed that S*** is on almost every knuckle (when i sed knuckle b4 i was referring to my middle finger) but i guess the right knuckle is covered in interior scar tissue to the point that whatever bone that is is not exposed...

so is it more dangerous to have an insane amount of solidity, or a verry exposed bone thing?

the bone thing is pretty big on my left hand, to the point im pretty sure i cud cause a laceration on someones lip using its shape, its almost like a real dull blade...

im pretty sure the reason my right knuckle is bigger is beacuse i used to punch the F*** out of walls, ive put many holes in many walls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IS IT GOOD OR BAD TO HAVE A LEGITIMATELY SUPERRIOR KNUCKLE?

dont think it will make much difference when u r taped up an have gloves on.
    But are u mad punching walls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my right hand is exactly the same way. The fist in general is about twice the size as my left with a giant middle knuckle. It grew from breaking wood I intentionally did this before i started boxing at a gym. I was just a backyard brawler with gloves, headgear, and friends. Once i got to a gym and learned how to use it, I have to say, the power from my straight right hand is something you wouldnt expect from a lightweight. I thank my heavy hand for this. If anyting I thing it will work in your favor

Arvid_85 Guest

Sal, on your avatar you have these judges...for which fight is it from? I recognize the sequence...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight132
    my right hand is exactly the same way. The fist in general is about twice the size as my left with a giant middle knuckle. It grew from breaking wood I intentionally did this before i started boxing at a gym. I was just a backyard brawler with gloves, headgear, and friends. Once i got to a gym and learned how to use it, I have to say, the power from my straight right hand is something you wouldnt expect from a lightweight. I thank my heavy hand for this. If anyting I thing it will work in your favor
    i definitley can cause severe damage with the right hand due to the knuckle, i was just wondering if it may actually be easier to break, although it seems to me to be MUCH safer from injury then my left

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Arvid_85
    Sal, on your avatar you have these judges...for which fight is it from? I recognize the sequence...
    judah mayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

definitley can cause severe damage with the right hand due to the knuckle, i was just wondering if it may actually be easier to break, although it seems to me to be MUCH safer from injury then my left

No actually this would make it harder to break

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sal you are off your tits son

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    the knuckle on my right hand is monstrous, and i can pretty much hit anything w/o any pain, is it less likely that it will break?

another question...

the knuckle on my left hand isnt as big, there is this kind of slim bone or something that runs down the middle (a little to the left) of the knuckle...

im not sure what it is but if i put pressure on it i can move it around... and im like 99% sure i could break it in half with a dead on puch using far less then full force... wtf is this... i just noticed that S*** is on almost every knuckle (when i sed knuckle b4 i was referring to my middle finger) but i guess the right knuckle is covered in interior scar tissue to the point that whatever bone that is is not exposed...

so is it more dangerous to have an insane amount of solidity, or a verry exposed bone thing?

the bone thing is pretty big on my left hand, to the point im pretty sure i cud cause a laceration on someones lip using its shape, its almost like a real dull blade...

im pretty sure the reason my right knuckle is bigger is beacuse i used to punch the F*** out of walls, ive put many holes in many walls
    The slim bone thing that runs down the centre of the knuckle is a tendon which connects your finger to a muscle in your forearm. If you were to snap it you wouldn't be able to pull the finger up i.e. from the closed fist position. Never heard anyone snapping it through boxing, it's pretty tough but can get sore if you don't wrap the hands.

As long as your big knuckle is tough, I wouldn't worry too much about it breaking. A big knuckle might be a bit more susceptible than smaller ones because it is more likely to hit a target by itself, and thus absorbing all of the impact, rather than the impact being spread over the rest of the hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sal what age are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The slim bone thing that runs down the centre of the knuckle is a tendon which connects your finger to a muscle in your forearm. If you were to snap it you wouldn't be able to pull the finger up i.e. from the closed fist position. Never heard anyone snapping it through boxing, it's pretty tough but can get sore if you don't wrap the hands.

As long as your big knuckle is tough, I wouldn't worry too much about it breaking. A big knuckle might be a bit more susceptible than smaller ones because it is more likely to hit a target by itself, and thus absorbing all of the impact, rather than the impact being spread over the rest of the hand.

This could be why my hand hurts! never thought about that! I should make all my knuckles the same size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sal man, it's just plain old excess ossification in the proximal interphalangeal joint of the right hand. Stay off the Stella.

Thread Information