0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Hatton May lose

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    All you Hatton fans are going to go nuts over this statement...but here goes:

The best thing for Hatton...as far as what American fans see...would be Hatton getting dropped.

If Hatton get's dropped, get's up, & turns the droppage around & guts it out then knocking Collazo out...he'd be the next best thing to Gatti...& we all know how Americans love Gatti & his Rocky-esque image.

Hatton could very well land loads of fans if he get's up off the canvas & turns it into a war.

Think about it.
    I did, and it's not the best thing for Hatton to do "career" wise, USA wise but not "career wise" othrwise he becomes another Morales.
    What's wrong with Morales?

Morales has had a great career. He's only been dropped by Pacquiao...

Morales is highly respected...even after getting stopped.

There's a lot of speculation with many U.S. fans as to whether or not Hatton is the real deal...just like there was speculation with Calzaghe.

Hatton will do fine...but he's got some winning over to do stateside before most American fan's put all their eggs in Hatton's basket.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hate to say it but it will probably be a dull fight with collazo getting rocked early and then holding for all the fight and hatton will win by UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunno if Collazo has the right style to make Hatton look spectacular with,

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton will probably kill this guy. For his introduction over here, I doubt they will pick someone he will lose to or look like crap against. We've been trained to never look further than a guys next fight from incidents like Zab losing to Baldomir.

But when they plan the fights though... Promoters and Network execs dont start at the beginning. They look at the biggest payday and work backwards... Hatton wears him down and knocks him out ... Everyone oohs and ahs .. and then the run towards floyd has begun...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really think Callazo can beat Hatton. He is much bigger and a tough guy to fight for your first Welterweight fight. I think that if it goes to points, Hatton will lose. Hattons nonstop body assault is his best chance stopping this guy
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed
    For his introduction over here, I doubt they will pick someone he will lose to or look like crap against.
    Collazo was the LAST choice opponent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think when you hear and read Hatton's trainer,it seems he is a genuine guy and he points out that Ricky does not fare well against southpaws,tall rangy etc and he says it is going to be a tough fight. Heck,he sounds more confident when asked about Floyd than when asked about Collazo!

I don't think Collazo dropping Ricky would be a good thing,Ricky can make mst fights exciting anyway with his gung ho style without getting dropped and STArr,what do you mean by "becoming another Morales" Rinky would be lucky to be in the same company as that Mexican legend!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed
    For his introduction over here, I doubt they will pick someone he will lose to or look like crap against.
    Collazo was the LAST choice opponent.
    First, last or somewhere in between... The guy wouldnt have been in the pool of possible opponents if Ricky couldnt beat him and do it impressively. Hattons style is crowd pleasing and brutal and he's too hot of a commodity to let his fire get snuffed out before it even gets started. Very few managers and promoters are willing to take real chances these days on their cash cow getting beat before hes ripe. I think it has to do with truley great fighters coming around so few and far between these days.

Most management would sooner postpone claiming injury than put their big name with an undefeated record in against a guy who could beat him .. in his big debut infront of an expanded new market. The better ricky looks for this fight. The more new fans he'll make, the more T-shirts are sold, the more endorsement opportunities he might get, the more he'll be courted by the networks and the better his chances look against Mayweather.... Considering all of that, he stands to make a killing... I doubt they would take the chance to throw that all away on a guy like Collazo. I say Hatton brings power up with his weight and eventually catches and stomps a mudhole in Collazo dropping him a few times with a body attack. I'm not saying Collazo will try and be cooperative, but i'm saying for this fight... (if it was planned right)... Collazo's level of cooperation wont be a deciding factor.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your spot on about your assesment of Collazo, he might well of been his last hand picked opponent, but like the odds suggest i think Rick is 1/7 on, Collazo is no more than a gate keeper, if he was so dnagerous why did Ricky's shotlist not consist of Tony Margorito??

Collazo is a decent opponent about par with Carlos Maussa, he is a gate keeper and not a bad warm up to Rickys big entrance to the States, he will gradually up his opposistion each time he fights, hopefully Gatti or Castiio will be next then maybe Mayweather.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Your spot on about your assesment of Collazo, he might well of been his last hand picked opponent, but like the odds suggest i think Rick is 1/7 on, Collazo is no more than a gate keeper, if he was so dnagerous why did Ricky's shotlist not consist of Tony Margorito??

Collazo is a decent opponent about par with Carlos Maussa, he is a gate keeper and not a bad warm up to Rickys big entrance to the States, he will gradually up his opposistion each time he fights, hopefully Gatti or Castiio will be next then maybe Mayweather.
    CC.. As fans, we love to see the fight side of it, but lets not forget whos been pulling the strings behind the fights ever since we can remember. Superstars commanding millions for a single fight against fake contenders, doesnt happen by accident. We have all been blinded into believeing some no hoper was the best comeptition for an undisputed champ and then snapped back to reality when the no hoper got totally annihilated. The promotors and the networks do a great job of marketing some fights... but to anyone whos been paying careful attention. Its not hard to recognize a hyped up sales pitch when we hear one.

For the offtimes when things dont go according to plan, there are new contracts waiting for the no hoper turned undisputed champion just in case. How many have we seen a guy like Don King promote some champion and then when he lost ... there was king standing behind the new champ smiling like he already has his hand in the guys pocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo is not a joke but he took a long time to break a shot Gonzalez down and he seems to fight at a pretty relaxed pace. I think a key factor is how the ref handles Hatton's bulling on the inside. If the fighters aren't broken too much I think Hatton will wear him down late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hatton is looking to showcase himself and will impress to a stoppage in 7

Thread Information