Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Wlad Beats Byrd.....

He should be rerguarded temporarily as the true Heavyweight champion of the world. Chris Byrd has been ranked at #1 on most lists for a while now, and Wlad has beat and fought good opposition. The winner of this fight should fight the winner of (Rahman-Toney II or Rahman-Maskaev II) to determine who the best heavyweight in the world is. Valuev and Ruiz should fight again and the winner of that should fight the winner of the above......And that would clarify the heavyweight division......or make it a hell of a lot more confusing
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Wlad Beats Byrd.....

If Wlad does win, people will consider him the true champ. But that doesn't mean the heavyweights are getting any better, cause he sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tuckwopat
    If Wlad does win, people will consider him the true champ. But that doesn't mean the heavyweights are getting any better, cause he sucks.
    Yea right a guy with 45wins and 40ko's sucksThat is some great logic.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    Yea right a guy with 45wins and 40ko's who has been brutally KOed by 3 bums sucksThat is some great logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad doesn't suck.

While I was more fond of Vitali...there is no denying that Wlad is the most technically sound heavy out there right now...if Byrd does win...then YES...I will regaurd him as the best.

Byrd is mega talented...he just doesn't crack & run his fwockin mouth...he's basically a nice version of Toney...& for some reason...that don't sell.

When Byrd is pressed he always comes back & hard.

He does deserve respect...but he will never get it. Boxing fans are too gotdam fickle. Way to hard to please.

I respect Byrd...but I will be shocked if he wins.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess he is what with Lamon losing

Lets face it though, even if you're a Wlad backer, he's more vulnerable than Vitali, guys with a punch like Serguei, Rock, even Lamon still always have a chance with him. His chin isn't as bad as people say, stamina is more his problem, but his chin isn't rock hard, if I was a fan of his I'd always have that nervousness when he goes up against a big puncher

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he is second only to judah himself when it comes to haters, everyone hates on big vladdy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    he is second only to judah himself when it comes to haters, everyone hates on big vladdy
    I don't hate on him. The man, IWO, is one of the best heavyweights that we have seen in the last 5 years...but I was always a bit hung up on his bro...I'm beginning to warm to him...but there is no denying that he's good for a big man.

Again...I have always said that it's his gas pedal that's broken...not his grill.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i liked vitali more too, but i think big vladdy is one of the most entertaining fighters alive... its like a non-boaring ali with power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    i liked vitali more too, but i think big vladdy is one of the most entertaining fighters alive... its like a non-boaring ali with power
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the problem with Wlad is that he is not reliable. You never know what to expect. People want a Heavyweight that they can count on to win 90% of the time. Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Louis guys like that were consistant. But Wlad has to settle in and be 100% comfortable with his style. He always seems to me like hes still learning his size and stregnth. Still no heavyweight is consistant today......except maybe Toney. Hes consistantly a fat@ss
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    I think the problem with Wlad is that he is not reliable. You never know what to expect. People want a Heavyweight that they can count on to win 90% of the time. Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Louis guys like that were consistant. But Wlad has to settle in and be 100% comfortable with his style. He always seems to me like hes still learning his size and stregnth. Still no heavyweight is consistant today......except maybe Toney. Hes consistantly a fat@ss
    Actually...Wlad's actually been fairly consistant...he's got only 3 losses out of 48 fights & he's won I think like 40 of those by knockout.

Toney's not that consistant & he's only fought less than one hand finger count of fights at heavy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also big vladdy doesnt get outboxed, hes just been knocked out b4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only other 2 names being thrown around after Wlads last win were Byrd and Brewster. So it stands to reason who ever wins this fight is without doubt the number1 heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because he has more skill than most of the heavies doesn't mean he's good. He's a big, strong, one dimensional fighter with a glass jaw. I give him all the credit in the world for getting up so many times in the fight against Peter, but where I don't give him credit is because he keeps going down.

Maybe suck was a bit stong of a word to use, but he definatley ain't all that great.

Thread Information