Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How would Mayweather do in the pocket against?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How would Mayweather do in the pocket against?

Castillo, and or Corrales... watching their fights show their brilliance on the inside, but Mayweather never fought on the inside even close to as effective as he has of late. He was just starting to use the pocket sort of in the fight against Sosa after his second Castillo fight, but I am just courious if you guys think his speed and skill would overwhelm Castillo and Corrales or would their ability to land many effective shots on inside be the end of Mayweather?

sidenote: WOW Mayweather was so much quicker at lightweight its scary... his feet were like 3-4 times faster, and his hands were about twice as fast as well... I would like to see him go back down to 140 to challenge Hatton so he can fight Castillo again, and it can be the Leonard vs. Duran of the modern era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How would Mayweather do in the pocket against?

Floyd never had to fight in the pocket because he was so skilled he beat them at their distance so he probably can beat them inside of his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyone else... I thought he didn't fight them on the inside because it would have been suicide before he got so good at the pocket technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has defintly lost alot of the sped he had against Chevez and Castillo, in the pocket with Hatton or Margorito or probably any 147 fighter probably wouldnt be a good idea.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as I can see Floyd is good but only against his low level opposition, Castillo is thought to be his hardest fight and he got stopped 4 times before meeting floyd, in fact check all the boxers hes fought records and you will see they are poor exept for Corrales who is the only undefeated fighter he has faced.

Floyd fights like a poor mans version of RJJ, the best thing he does and only thing is the lead right hand, he doesnt fight in the pocket like Toney or Grffin or Bean, he needs distance to get off with his shots.

Yes he does the shoulder roll but against Judah it did nothing, he would lean away and let Judah work at his leasure, its Judahs fault hes lazy or too gutless to comit himself. Floyds defence is lean awya but he doesnt throw anything effective out of it. If he does that against Hatton, do you really think Rickys gonna give a sh*t that there isnt a clean target in front of him ? If its there to be hit Ricky will hit it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think his best performance was against corrales but diego was very poor, why fight in the pocket if u dont have to i think he has only started to use the pocket technique since he lost a bit of speed. id say castillo was his hardest opponent and im sure his stoppages before castillo lost to corrales were on cuts not kos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They would be cuts. Corrales was the first to stop Castillo on punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    As far as I can see Floyd is good but only against his low level opposition, Castillo is thought to be his hardest fight and he got stopped 4 times before meeting floyd, in fact check all the boxers hes fought records and you will see they are poor exept for Corrales who is the only undefeated fighter he has faced.

Floyd fights like a poor mans version of RJJ, the best thing he does and only thing is the lead right hand, he doesnt fight in the pocket like Toney or Grffin or Bean, he needs distance to get off with his shots.

Yes he does the shoulder roll but against Judah it did nothing, he would lean away and let Judah work at his leasure, its Judahs fault hes lazy or too gutless to comit himself. Floyds defence is lean awya but he doesnt throw anything effective out of it. If he does that against Hatton, do you really think Rickys gonna give a sh*t that there isnt a clean target in front of him ? If its there to be hit Ricky will hit it
    Why are you bringing up Zab? Or comparing PBF to RJJ... he fights nothing like RJJ except that he throws lead rights and left hooks, and is the best boxer of his era. He did sliped most of Judah's shit, and he had more of a conventional defense with hands up against Judah until he losened up and was killing Judah on the inside. As for Hatton, Phillip Ndou an actualy hard hitter didn't care if hit Mayweather in places that weren't open yet PBf still beat him badly. Also PBF has foughten Hernandez, Chavez, Corrales, Castillo, Gatti, Corley, Judah, and a few other big names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People aren't listening to my question... I'm not talking about anything either than how would Mayweather do on the inside against Castillo and Corrales with his skills now, but back then or bring them up to welterweight so their slower as well.

Thread Information