Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions for Joe Frazier while i'm in philly?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Questions for Joe Frazier while i'm in philly?

you know, instead of a Rocky statue.....they should now build a statue of Smokin Joe Frazier in Philidelpia

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    you know, instead of a Rocky statue.....they should now build a statue of Smokin Joe Frazier in Philidelpia
    Totally agree. Detroit has the fist of Joe Louis - Philly should have Joe Frazier's left hook there. He epitomises the city!

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok ...Did those punches hurt as badlyas it looked like they did? I know he didn't show it, and that he won the fight, but did they in any way prompt his change in strategy? I just want to know if those punches hurt-sure lookedlike it?

did foreman hit him harder then anyone else, if so does he believe that foreman was the hardest puncher of all time?

] after your done working out at Fraziers, stop by 9th and Wharton and eat a PAT'S STEAK for me!!....is that in north philly? and are they better steaks tehan alll the others? lol

- What warmups did he do before fights because he always looked like he started cold

who did he rate as the best fighter he ever faced ...(with the scores being Joe Sweeney 70-67 | Judge: Nate Lopinson 74-64 | Judge: Dave Beloff 72-64 " i'm sure they convinced him he won lol
    and i'll ask him if its frusterating training people who didnt have as much skill or deterination or if it makes hi relize how great he was ..

Ask if he'd comeback for one fight just to whip the hell out of Audrey Harrison... we all know he could do it.

(i'm also gonna ask my own Qs in there like who he favors in the mayorga-delahoya fight etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by YounGun
    I want to know his opinions of Muhammad Ali. It seems like he despises the man. However I saw Ali's 50th bday on tv and Frazier was there in seemingly good spirits. So I want to know where he stands on that issue.

And also... tell him that he must be one of the toughest guys to enter the ring. Ali was right when he said that as long as blood was pumping through Joe's veins, he would always beat the count of 10.

Tons of respect to Smokin' Joe
    Blood was pumping through Joe's veins when he fought Foreman...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Quote Originally Posted by YounGun
    I want to know his opinions of Muhammad Ali. It seems like he despises the man. However I saw Ali's 50th bday on tv and Frazier was there in seemingly good spirits. So I want to know where he stands on that issue.

And also... tell him that he must be one of the toughest guys to enter the ring. Ali was right when he said that as long as blood was pumping through Joe's veins, he would always beat the count of 10.

Tons of respect to Smokin' Joe
    Blood was pumping through Joe's veins when he fought Foreman...
    he never didnt beat the 10 count when he fought foremans he always jumped back up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Joe never ever stayed down no matter what...
    Guy had serious balls to take a beating like that and still get up to fight on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe was never the same after he beat ali the first time he simply took too much punishement he almost had a stroke after that fight. If he had met george a few years earlier he would have a much better shot, but if you watch that fight george pushes off constatnly which is totally illegal, if george is allowed to do that against asnyone including tyson hed beat him easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ask him how hed have fought mike tyson if he thinks he could of handled a prime mikes speed and defense would he have attcked MIke or fought differently.

Thread Information