Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Joe Frazier while i'm in philly?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Questions for Joe Frazier while i'm in philly?

Hey everyone, i'm in phillidelphia but if anyone has any good questions for joe that isnt already obviously answerable except by the man himself just let me know

i always make it a point to train at joes and take pictures while i'm in philly and i love sitting down and talking to joe so it would be my pleasure to relay any Q's from my saddo family

you have all weekend to post some good questions because i'm gonna ask him on monday and it doesnt even have to be about boxing hes always quick to speak of family & god etc...i'm gonna try to keep it under 15-20 questions

ps.- if you have any questions for Marvis hes always there too
    (and if its what hes been doing w/ himself ..hes happy and a preacher w/ a loving family and kids who actually like him and trains kids boxing mostly and from the side he looks just like his dad lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Questions for Joe Frazier while i'm in philly?

I want to know his opinions of Muhammad Ali. It seems like he despises the man. However I saw Ali's 50th bday on tv and Frazier was there in seemingly good spirits. So I want to know where he stands on that issue.

And also... tell him that he must be one of the toughest guys to enter the ring. Ali was right when he said that as long as blood was pumping through Joe's veins, he would always beat the count of 10.

Tons of respect to Smokin' Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how's marvis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by YounGun
    I want to know his opinions of Muhammad Ali. It seems like he despises the man. However I saw Ali's 50th bday on tv and Frazier was there in seemingly good spirits. So I want to know where he stands on that issue.

And also... tell him that he must be one of the toughest guys to enter the ring. Ali was right when he said that as long as blood was pumping through Joe's veins, he would always beat the count of 10.

ive asked him the same thing b4 ..and he felt there wasnt anyreason for him to be so mean but they have talked w/ eachother and even though joe was teh one verbally abused he even said on TV. "brother if i said anything to hurt u i'm sorry...cause in the early 90s he said "look at ali & look at me & u tell me who won...also during the olympics joe was qouted as saying he wish he coulda pushed ali in the flame ....anyway they ade up now and i would look stupid asking him that again

also it made him mad cause Joes kids were taunted in school also cause of what Ali said about his dad ...but Ali hugged arvis after the 3rd fight and said his dad was great and he didnt mean anyof it ...but joe wanted to Ali to come say it to him ...anyway there was bitterness and joes feeling were hurt for along time but theyre fine now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    how's marvis?
    hes fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ask him about the comeback fight against jumbo cummings. was it always a one shot deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they made up in 2002, they are good friends now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LBSCFC
    ask him about the comeback fight against jumbo cummings. was it always a one shot deal
    CC

good question!! i've wondered also & never saw his last fight ...

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the first Quarry fight Frazier stopped Quarry. But he started off on Quarry's chest, but was outfought in the first. For 2-3 more rounds he pinned Quarry on the ropes and tried to load up hooks; though he was busier Quarry landed some ripping ody blows (some of the most hurtful looking I've ever seen) and Frazier quit standing in like that. He went to an in and out style- a Frazier version at any rate- landing quicker lefts and moving away.
    My question then would be this: Did those punches hurt as badlyas it looked like they did? I know he didn't show it, and that he won the fight, but did they in any way prompt his change in strategy? I just want to know if those punches hurt-sure lookedlike it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

did foreman hit him harder then anyone else, if so does he believe that foreman was the hardest puncher of all time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ask Joe if he'd comeback for one fight just to whip the hell out of Audrey Harrison... we all know he could do it.
    Down Goes Frazier!!! Down Goes Frazier!!! Down Goes Frazier!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was in good spirits because Ali can't talk shat anymore.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

after your done working out at Fraziers, stop by 9th and Wharton and eat a PAT'S STEAK for me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duke thats a bit harsh? I think tho

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smokin' Joe - one of the bravest, toughest guys to ever walk into a boxing ring. A real man's man - hats off to the guy fior everything he achieved.

People really overuse the word 'great' (Duke McKenzie pisses me off because every other word is great this, great that), but Joe Frazier was a GREAT fighter!!

Questions:

- how did it feel running a gym and trying to train people without an ounce of his talent and heart
    - did he feel he really won the Bonavena fight?
    - What warmups did he do before fights because he always looked like he started cold
    - Why did he continue fighting when he was just about blind
    - who did he rate as the best fighter he ever faced

Good luck with the interview - you have the second best job in the world !! (ater Jeremy Clarkson)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information