Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default In the gym

what in a gym has inspired you the most Maybe a great fighter working or a novice being inovative watching a good coach at work.Then again whats annoyed you the most, like to here your comments
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In the gym

The gym I found inspiring was here in phoenix,in the back of a warehouse belonging to a construction company. The trainer there is a young guy- early 20s- and he works his kids hard and maybe a bit rough but with a lot of affection. And they all obviously love him to death. Its the only- or one of few- gym I knowof where 30 kids under 15 come in get to work, almost 100% on their own, and actually work until he works his way around to them.
    The most aggravating was also here in phoenix where boxers were not allowed to use the mirrors, the ring and there was no sparring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya see what you do is look around. If theres any hot girls you try to impress them by kicking everyones ass!

lol.....jk

seriously Cassius Clay and Mike Tyson made me wanna box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What has inspired me in my gym is having these little 10 and 11 year olds coming in there and pushing themselves hard everytime. Its really impressive, just seeing them go at it with them being so young, its great! I cant wait to see them when they get older and more experienced. But that is what inspires me at my gym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gym was always just another day at the office. once you grow out of that romantic phase (we all do) in boxing you either 1. start to view this as an occupation like any other -- as tony zale as cool as ever once said when asked of his name and profession at a navy boot camp, "anothony zaleski; pugilist, middleweight" -- or 2. you simply come to your senses, quit boxing and join the real world. eventually we all make 1 of the 2 choices.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thomas Know where youre coming from,but you cant get rid of the interest.You come on here and give Lots of good solid advice Ithink greys is a bit of a romantic like me

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres a couple of new pros who come to our gym every so often, watchin the intensity they train at inspires me, somethin uve been workin on in the gym coming off in the ring is also good.
    that eye of the tiger song aint bad either lol

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill tell what inspired me the most I had in the late 80s one kid whom people were taking a lot of interest in,Lots of people were in and out of the Gym. One day this group came in with this older chap.As soon as I saw him you knew, their was something special about him He was 80 without doubt the best posture I had ever seen over 50.He just looked strong and you wouldnt want to get into an arguement with him even then.Anyway he became a regular visitor and could he talk. He was Jack Kid Berg We used to go down to Southend for Sunday Chinesse with him and his Wife Some of the tales he told as though they were yesterday Clear as a bell was Jack.About300 fights Jack had and one truly Amazing life.The way he talked about his fights with Kid Chocolate and others His total respect for Ray Arcel his Love of Life,New York at that time.They dont come round like jack to often.R I P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was sitting upstairs in the Pheonix (near Glasgow) watching a guy training. When up walks Scott Harrison to start his afternoon training session. I can tell you, there's something about him. The mood changed in the room. He's got an aura that's hard to explain. He started on the heavy bag with a focus that I've never seen, then on to the pads with real intent. Truly awesome.................... He was getting ready for the second Medina fight.

Thread Information