Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MAKAY AND SEEDORF LEFT OUT OF GERMANY 06, NOOOOOOO!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default MAKAY AND SEEDORF LEFT OUT OF GERMANY 06, NOOOOOOO!!!

WHAT IN THE F***

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060421/7/6l31.html

Netherlands coach Marco van Basten left out experienced duo Clarence Seedorf and Roy Makaay in naming a provisional 33-man FIFA World Cup™ squad on Friday for the June finals.
    Bayern Munich striker Makaay, who has scored only six goals in 43 appearances for the Dutch side, lost his spot in the squad earlier this season and is no longer considered as back up to first-choice striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Ajax striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, the first division's top scorer, gets a place in the squad for the first time.

Van Basten ignored the claims of AC Milan midfielder Seedorf, despite a convincing season for the Italians in Serie A and the UEFA Champions League.

The 30-year-old won the last of his 77 caps at UEFA EURO 2004 and has not been selected since Van Basten took charge after the finals.

The Dutch squad gather on 9 May for a four-day training camp in Noordwijk. The squad will be trimmed to 23 players by the 15 May deadline.

Goalkeepers: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax Amsterdam), Patrick Lodewijks (Feyenoord)

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (SV Hamburg), Wilfred Bouma (Aston Villa), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Tim de Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax Amsterdam), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Barry Opdam (AZ Alkmaar), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Midfielders: George Boateng (Middlesbrough), Mark van Bommel (Barcelona), Philip Cocu (PSV Eindhoven), Edgar Davids (Tottenham Hotspur), Nigel de Jong (SV Hamburg), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax Amsterdam), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax Amsterdam), Rafael van der Vaart (SV Hamburg)

Strikers: Ryan Babel (Ajax Amsterdam), Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax Amsterdam), Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord), Martijn Meerdink (AZ Alkmaar), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV Eindhoven).

-----------
    NO JAPP STAM?!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT IN THE F***

THIS IS BAD

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MAKAY AND SEEDORF LEFT OUT OF GERMANY 06, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well I guess the coach knows best, I've actually heard of both guys, and since I'm not that in the know about soccer, they must be pretty good. Robben's good, and so is Van Nistelroy so they should be good

Just wondering why you're such a big fan of them? You from there originally?

I'm going for the US but they're in a tough group, guess if they get knocked out I'll go for Brazil, France or Ireland (half Irish, half French)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MAKAY AND SEEDORF LEFT OUT OF GERMANY 06, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

im dutch, but not from there

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MAKAY AND SEEDORF LEFT OUT OF GERMANY 06, NOOOOOOO!!!

haha, "The Wobbly Peasant" , nice video

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can understand Seedorf being left out,he has been poor for Milan this season but Makaay? Although I did not know his goal scoring record was so poor for Holland. Who would you have left out to include Makaay Sal? I CANNOT believe Staam has been left out,that is a big big shock! I don't think the Dutch national team has been the same since my man Bergkamo left,they lack that extra spark,the magic! That will be back soon though when Van Persie starts playing more,the boy is closer to Bergkamp than anyone else I have ever seen! That left foot,wow!
    P.S. Sal,you Turkish?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

id rather have makay then hesslenk

turkish = jax reference?

im not turkish

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha,no JAX reference,just thought Sal sounded Turkish Yeah,but Roy's record is poor at international level! How far you think Holland are going to go in the Cup? Also,who is in their group??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we got a lot of great players so he just has to make a choice
    he cant take everyone i think he made the right decision
    and we will be world champions :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a kean football fan.....Seedorf is understandable, stam and Makay however are not. I dont understand that decision at all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Haha,no JAX reference,just thought Sal sounded Turkish Yeah,but Roy's record is poor at international level! How far you think Holland are going to go in the Cup? Also,who is in their group??
    ALL THE WAY!!!

ARGENTINA who won a world cup off a hand ball, and ALSO tried to kill van der sar in 98
    Serbia and Montenegro
    IVORY COAST

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    ALL THE WAY!!!

ARGENTINA who won a world cup off a hand ball, and ALSO tried to kill van der sar in 98
    Serbia and Montenegro
    IVORY COAST
    Please mate......im english and to say argentina won the world cup soley of hand ball is bullshit, as much as id like to take it away from them, maradona prooved for me in that world cup that he is the best player ever. OK one contraversial decision but you seem to forget the bit he ripped our entire team to pieces. He was something else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i just dislike them for what they did to van der sar, did you see thier game in 98 the round b4 the netherlands lost 2 brazil?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    i just dislike them for what they did to van der sar, did you see thier game in 98 the round b4 the netherlands lost 2 brazil?
    Yeah mate i did indeed, i hate them too dont worry. I just get sick of people taking greatness away from Maradona becuase of that hand ball, anyone that watched that world cup, saw one man singlehandly win a world cup. It was a truly remarkable from the lil fat wizard you gotta admit.

Thread Information