Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This is sick......can't believe this is happening

" PULITZER PRIZE " winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine.

The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away.
    The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.
    Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This is sick......can't believe this is happening

12 years later...............same thing..........same place..........while the West overconsumes itself with conviction.
    I will die at my post , on the streets or in prison

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

am i the only one tht thinks as much as famine is terrible and that we cant help everyone countries liek the uk and us will never solve famine in africa by giving money becus the african ppl ccant turn money into food its the african goverments tht need sorting out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton
    am i the only one tht thinks as much as famine is terrible and that we cant help everyone countries liek the uk and us will never solve famine in africa by giving money becus the african ppl ccant turn money into food its the african goverments tht need sorting out
    They need not give money to governments,they could(if they really cared)set up their own charities and fund raising rather than give it to the govenrment and also,not all the governments are corrupt. I''m sure if US basketball players and Uk footballers and sportsmen etc are getting astronomical figures for merely being skilled at a sport,these countries can afford to provide financial support to poor countries around the world! I don't mean to preach(well I am) but I deplore all my fellow friends@ Saddo's to donate to charity etc,even like £2 a month helps poor people around the world such as the one in the pic.
    By the way.most of the aid workers set up are scams,shams and frauds,I was watching this documentary on Chechnya(near/in Russia) and the locals were being interviewed and said that the recieved a few hundred of grams of suagr for the WHOLE year and that's it!!! Interesting fact number 2.)Ins ome countries(Um Iraq the one I'm thinking of#) certain parts only have electricity and water for 3-4 hours of the day.Can you imagine that?!>!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i donate to charity but i've always thought, why the fk am i giving money when my own government cant be half arsed to do anything real to help these people anyway.

The facts are no government decide to take action to intiate a program that wont end up in profits for them.

Thats why we invaded Iraq and not Zimbabwe, Diamonds dont sell as well as Oil.

Its pretty much a fact that EVERY government on the face of this earth is corrupt to some extent, and as long as everyone is in it for themselves the citizens will always suffer and not get the sufficient help they need.

Famine and anything of the sort could be solved so fking easilly, but theres no point in even getting into that as it will never happen as long as humans have the basic instinct to do whats best for them, greed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But it's ok though.............................The yanks and the UK are preparing to atttack Iran because of oil and only at the cost of 8 million dollars a missile................thing's 'll be great!
    I will die at my post , on the streets or in prison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Things like that aren't important.
    You know what is important? NASA! That's right the U.S. Space Program.
    Billions upon billions of dollars and to what end?
    Well, come on! People in space! How cool is that! Not just people, but monkeys too!
    COMEON! SPACEMONKEYS!
    Also infinitybazillion dollar satellites to take pictures of other planets, cool planets
    with no starving children on them.

this shit is fucking up my buzz i'm done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most countries have something set up to where they are either sending food or money to the nations in need. One of the problems is that the food that is being sent over is genetically altered food. Basically it is food that is grown differently. Either the governments or the people of these countries do not believe in eating this type of food. They think that it is bad for them and causes diseases. So the food rots in storage instead of being eaten by people that need it. Then the money passes through so many hands and each hand takes a portion that not much is left by the time it gets to where it is needed.

I did a short report a year or two ago in college about this subject.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why didnt the photographer pick up the boy and take him to the food place a km away

he may not have commited suicide then and dirty dirty vulture couldnt eat him
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ye tht seems a bit stupid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    Why didnt the photographer pick up the boy and take him to the food place a km away

Photographers always only "observe"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bringing one person back from the brink of death so that the societ that they live in can either neglect them till they die again or who are unable to support them selfs so that person will stay die very soon is a lot less effective than publishing a message to people who can help the entire society.

Gotta look at the bigger picture guys, he commited suicide because witnessing the state that billions of people are in first hand must have been to much for him to cope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds

i know, its pathetic....Its the least he could of done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Gotta look at the bigger picture guys, he commited suicide because witnessing the state that billions of people are in first hand must have been to much for him to cope.
    You don't know that anymore than I do...but I can tell you this..having a child of my own...there's no gotdam way in hell or on earth I could live with myself after I made a profit or won some award by taking a picture of a dying starving child that I just left for gotdam vulture bait.

It takes only a fraction of a second to snap a pic...it would probably take 3-5 minutes to walk over & scoop that child up & give it a shot at life...oppressed or not...it'd be another day to possibley sort it out.

That's the way that it'd play out in my mind if I were in his shoes.

I can guarantee you that child would have loved to breath another breath...hence the crawl towards salvation.

There's a thought. As Britkid is fond of saying...Wacko needs to get offa his soapbox on this one.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    You don't know that anymore than I do...but I can tell you this..having a child of my own...there's no gotdam way in hell or on earth I could live with myself after I made a profit or won some award by taking a picture of a dying starving child that I just left for gotdam vulture bait.

It takes only a fraction of a second to snap a pic...it would probably take 3-5 minutes to walk over & scoop that child up & give it a shot at life...oppressed or not...it'd be another day to possibley sort it out.

That's the way that it'd play out in my mind if I were in his shoes.

I can guarantee you that child would have loved to breath another breath...hence the crawl towards salvation.

There's a thought. As Britkid is fond of saying...Wacko needs to get offa his soapbox on this one.
    The fact is that kid probally was either already dead or nearly there, no matter how much help he got he still probally would of died, and the billions starving, hmm, you do know the earth population is only like 6.5 billion right? .

And anyone can say, hey lets take these people and give em food, then they will be good, its simply not that simple, you have to feed them everyday, make sure they all get medical help, maintain their health and give them accomodation.

Now thats alot of money, true, it could be solved that simply, i mean, how much money is there in the world, money shouldnt matter when millions of people are on the brink of death, but its alot of work and alot of people arent willing to help anyone other then themselves and their people.

And the fact that alot of these children are being born with AIDS and their parents dying when they are mere children is just asking for a short and meaningless life. They are condemned to the longest painfull death any human can recieve before they have even left the womb.

We obviously arent doing enough at the moment, but how can we when we depend on voluntary companies to help these people when OUR GOVERNMENT should be doing alot more. I mean we fking offer to go over to these countries, and the people that are there to help these people get snatched up by rebel forces all over the world with no protection from the government that does little to help these people.

The only way this will end if people stop fking reproducing and got a decent government, maybe if the police force was anything decent women wouldnt get raped by Aids infested spawns of satan, and if they had a decent Health care they could have these children aborted. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong in Africa, but what i can i say, things went downhill when the Pale Devils decided to trade humans like meat

Thread Information