Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko. Questions asked...questions answered...what are the answers?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko. Questions asked...questions answered...what are the answers?

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    he wasnt excessive tho, he barley utilized the hold, and in the later rounds he didnt hold at all

this guy doesnt even hit on the break and he uses holding to his advantage

ON TOP OF IT ALL>>>>>>> he doesnt use holding to wear an opponent down

THATS WHATS WRONG WITH HOLDING
    the lennox lewis kind of leaning on people, wlad holds for defense
    It shouldn't be a legal defensive tactic though

Just imagine if a guy was allowed to hold in order to keep a guy from punching...AND he wore giant winning gloves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko. Questions asked...questions answered...what are the answers?

well they sure see alot of non-existant flaws in judah

i really dont see why people complain, half the times he clinched byrd had already wrapped on arm around vladdy to hit him with the other, which is holding and hitting
    "vladdy" was underhooking Chris' other arm and tried to get the other and Chris moved it so it wouldn't be grabbed and hit Wladimer with it, which is perfectly legal because Wladimer was the one underhooking Byrd's other arm.

They saw existant flaws in Judah because Judah isn't an HBO fighter Mayweather was, Judah wasn't the franchise of the event Mayweather was.

Believe it or not the commentators are biased.

When Jim Lampley says in the 12th round of the Sturm fight that De La Hoya "may" be losing. When its obvious he is. It's because he is HBO Golden Boy Oscar De La Hoya. They would have said about any other fighter that they were running away.

And Neither Judah or Byrd could make HBO a money making machine. They have their picks on who they want to win. And their commentating sways to the house fighter. It is more obvious today because both Lampley and Merchant are FOR Wladimer. They only aren't for him when he is in a situation he can lose, as Lampley said in the Brewster fight "Wladimer makes Lennox Lewis look like granite" When a year earlier he said "No doubt the most pretty style in a heavyweight since Muhammad Ali." See they are baised to whoever gets them money and won't treat the house fighter and the challenger the same, if anything they are for the house fighter because it brings them money. There is no equal in a business world.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    well they sure see alot of non-existant flaws in judah

i really dont see why people complain, half the times he clinched byrd had already wrapped on arm around vladdy to hit him with the other, which is holding and hitting
    When Jim Lampley says in the 12th round of the Sturm fight that De La Hoya "may" be losing.
    HAHAHAHA

i still dont think big vladdy is anywhere near the league of ruiz, his holding is allways used to frustrate an attacking opponent, ruiz just holds cuz he doesnt do ANYTHING BUT FUCKING HOLD AND HIT ON THE BREAK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    he wasnt excessive tho, he barley utilized the hold, and in the later rounds he didnt hold at all

this guy doesnt even hit on the break and he uses holding to his advantage

ON TOP OF IT ALL>>>>>>> he doesnt use holding to wear an opponent down

THATS WHATS WRONG WITH HOLDING
    the lennox lewis kind of leaning on people, wlad holds for defense
    It shouldn't be a legal defensive tactic though

Just imagine if a guy was allowed to hold in order to keep a guy from punching...AND he wore giant winning gloves

you should stick to those "cage fights" "k-whatever". ya know, anything but poking thers eyes out, biting and grabbing their "reproductive organs". if you can get your opnent in a position where he cant punch (with out wrapping your arms around him) its all good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, I'm really Glad to see Klitschko back in form. Secondly, I kind of felt bad for bird, because he's got a lot of class. And Finally, Klitschko's clinching is in now way shape or form comparable to Ruiz holding all the time. He clinched and pushed. He WAS NOT holding on for dear life and he wasn't slowing the pace of the fight at all. Perfectly fought. Congrats Wlad =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Entragian
    First off, I'm really Glad to see Klitschko back in form. Secondly, I kind of felt bad for bird, because he's got a lot of class. And Finally, Klitschko's clinching is in now way shape or form comparable to Ruiz holding all the time. He clinched and pushed. He WAS NOT holding on for dear life and he wasn't slowing the pace of the fight at all. Perfectly fought. Congrats Wlad =)
    Good points Very well said.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Byrd was the best of the champions IMO but this stylistically was a bad match up. Byrds defence has been sliding and his fights have become closer coz of becoming more agressive. Actually just to put it in short....wlad has his number. He beat him badly once and he did it again coz he knows how to. That leaves Peter....peter peter peter....i was never sold on peter. Everyone was lookin for a big powerful heavyweight to save the division....sorry people the division needs more then that and Peter couldnt offer it. It was obvious vs wlad that he had barely any skill and relied on nothing but pure punching power. Now i think the question should be....has wlad fixed his flaws? Wacko you say stamina and i say chin. But i do agree that wlads stamina has been a problem but Sanders knocked him out in two rounds. Granted...Sanders can punch but having a solid chin means taking solid shot and so far...wlad cant. He took some against brewster...got tired .....but got knocked out which IMO involves both problems, sanders took him by surprise...hurt him and knocked him out and Purtiy and exhausted him. I say he has a questionable chin and he knows it now and seems to be afraid of getting hurt just like how roy jones was against tarver the third time. He lost his aura of invincibility and has to learn how to deal with getting hurt. But in saying that i think from his record....stamina is the major problem. So really we have a big, powerful, skillful heavyweight who has been known to get tired in the later rounds and has been known to be a bit chinny.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Byrd was the best of the champions IMO but this stylistically was a bad match up. Byrds defence has been sliding and his fights have become closer coz of becoming more agressive. Actually just to put it in short....wlad has his number. He beat him badly once and he did it again coz he knows how to. That leaves Peter....peter peter peter....i was never sold on peter. Everyone was lookin for a big powerful heavyweight to save the division....sorry people the division needs more then that and Peter couldnt offer it. It was obvious vs wlad that he had barely any skill and relied on nothing but pure punching power. Now i think the question should be....has wlad fixed his flaws? Wacko you say stamina and i say chin. But i do agree that wlads stamina has been a problem but Sanders knocked him out in two rounds. Granted...Sanders can punch but having a solid chin means taking solid shot and so far...wlad cant. He took some against brewster...got tired .....but got knocked out which IMO involves both problems, sanders took him by surprise...hurt him and knocked him out and Purtiy and exhausted him. I say he has a questionable chin and he knows it now and seems to be afraid of getting hurt just like how roy jones was against tarver the third time. He lost his aura of invincibility and has to learn how to deal with getting hurt. But in saying that i think from his record....stamina is the major problem. So really we have a big, powerful, skillful heavyweight who has been known to get tired in the later rounds and has been known to be a bit chinny.
    The Peter fight is now that you mention it says alot about Klitchko. Peter who has limited skills, still was able to knock him down three times and almost knock him out. Can you imagine that fight if there wasn't any excessive holding? Does anyone really believe the result would have been the same? Henry Akinwande was DQed in about 5 or 6 rounds when he was holding Lennox Lewis. Wlad did it for 12 rounds and was barely warned. I think the rules only apply to boxers who don't have big network contracts or huge popularity that make boxing alot of money. Wlad is a very good fighter but I wonder how far he can really go without holding and pushing off.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm intrigued.....can someone post a pic of Byrd's wife?? Seems to have you people split. As for Wlad,he beat easier than most thought and deserves credit for that and he beat Peter too but these were guys most expected him to beat,I still think he needs to beat the 2 guys that beat him in order to fully restore his image as THE best HW. How do you guys think he would do against Brewster?> This HW division....they all have the tools to beat each other!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guess I'll chime in with my insightful (albeit a bit late) comments:

1. Byrd's wife can be done. A deserted island, a little duct tape (the mouth has got to go)... and she can WWF me any time.

2. Wlad's performance was dominating. Does that mean he's the next Ali? Tyson? Lewis? Not so fast. The damage done to his image with the Sanders and Brewster fights will take a couple more good fights to erase. Not dissing the man, not giving instant stardom status either. Just being practical.

3. We posters seem to go to extremes, as well as being pretty predictable. The haters will find reasons to hate, even if the guy knocks out King Kong and Godzilla on the same night with one hand tied behind his back. The blind followers will excuse the fighter, even if he gets accidentally knocked out by his corner when they slap him to get his attention. (Hey, come to think of it.... I've been pretty guilty of this, too. What the hell am I talking about?).

4. We are all desperate for the heavyweight division to fix itself. If that means that Wlad is finally taking advantage of his physical skills and has begun to work on his stamina problems, so be it. For now, I'll be rooting for Wlad. He may even win me over eventually, since I was one of those that dropped off the bandwagon after his disgraceful performances against Sanders and Brewster (hey, at least I admit it).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dudes,brothers,friends,whoever said Byrd's wife was hot is CRAZY!!! and I petition that they be temporarily banned from Saddo's and seek help! She has a nice body I guess......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Ouma, Sal watch rds 2 & 3 again. He wasn't just clinching, he was literally grabbing him and pulling him into a hug and the disgusting thing is he wasn't desperately trying to survive (you can't blame a guy for it when he's getting pummeled) he was using an illegal tactic plain and simple. It's just like leaving your
    lead arm extended to keep a guy off you, it's illegal and they rarely call it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if leaving your lead arm extended is illegal then PBF should have been dqd for more reason then 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FLH2o
    CC Ouma, Sal watch rds 2 & 3 again. He wasn't just clinching, he was literally grabbing him and pulling him into a hug and the disgusting thing is he wasn't desperately trying to survive (you can't blame a guy for it when he's getting pummeled) he was using an illegal tactic plain and simple. It's just like leaving your
    lead arm extended to keep a guy off you, it's illegal and they rarely call it.
    Did you ever see Ali fight?He did the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen every Ali fight and he never did it to the extent Wlad did in rds 2 & 3.

He was WARNED 4 times in 2 rounds, not just broken up WARNED, how many warnings warrants taking a point 5? 10?

I like Wlad, but that sh!+ is not neccesary.

Thread Information